PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Glock development from Apex Tactical...

opngrnd
10-02-15, 05:29
I really liked what their one piece triggers did for the M&P. Hopefully their trigger for Glock will be just as nice. See link below:

http://www.apextactical.com/blog/index.php/apex-news/apex-goes-glock-with-new-action-enhancement-trigger/

C4IGrant
10-02-15, 08:12
I really liked what their one piece triggers did for the M&P. Hopefully their trigger for Glock will be just as nice. See link below:

http://www.apextactical.com/blog/index.php/apex-news/apex-goes-glock-with-new-action-enhancement-trigger/

Looks great! Ordered some today.

C4

PatrioticDisorder
10-02-15, 08:18
So this is just for Gen3 Glock's, no love for Gen4?

jhr1986
10-02-15, 08:49
So this is just for Gen3 Glock's, no love for Gen4?

Gen3 trigger bar drops into the gen4 gun just fine.

Psalms144.1
10-02-15, 08:56
Gen3 trigger bar drops into the gen4 gun just fine.But, interestingly enough, Brownell's site states this will NOT work in a Gen4 pistol...

Singlestack Wonder
10-02-15, 09:24
Just another fix without a problem......

Wake27
10-02-15, 09:51
Is that a flat trigger? Kinda looks like it but I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillBond
10-02-15, 10:10

Yeah, I agree with you.

ralph
10-02-15, 10:17
Interesting, But I'd have to try one on someone else's gun first, The trigger on my G19 really isn't that bad, and I don't have $100 for a experiment...

Artiz
10-02-15, 10:24

Yeah, that.

brickboy240
10-02-15, 10:38
Looks a little on the flat side. Not a fan of flat triggers on anything...sorry. I know some love them but they just feel odd to me.

10-02-15, 10:45
I'm game. I pre-ordered the trigger. I prefer flatter type triggers so this should fit the bill. A reduction on the trigger's travel will be nice too.

Dave_M
10-02-15, 10:49
Swapping the trigger shoe is the new[ish] thing, probably because you can significantly change the feel of the trigger without playing muckymuck with springs and possibly negating safeties.

You've got options from a lot of places right now.

C4IGrant
10-02-15, 10:55
Swapping the trigger shoe is the new[ish] thing, probably because you can significantly change the feel of the trigger without playing muckymuck with springs and possibly negating safeties.

You've got options from a lot of places right now.

Yep.

C4

DirectTo
10-02-15, 11:05
Agreed as well.

titsonritz
10-02-15, 11:06
But, interestingly enough, Brownell's site states this will NOT work in a Gen4 pistol...

It says:

Gen 3 Trigger Bar not for use in Gen 4 Models

titsonritz
10-02-15, 11:08
I am sticking with their Safety Plunger for right now while I wait for the reviews by you Beta testers.

C4IGrant
10-02-15, 11:09
Agreed as well.

Depends if you like the Glock trigger. Many do not and or they like a flat faced trigger (which I do). No, it isn't going to make someone into a master class shooter. It is probably a better trigger than many of the others out there though (cost and doesn't remove any of the safety features). I also like the feel of a metal trigger, but that is everyones perogative.

C4

C4IGrant
10-02-15, 11:12
I am sticking with their Safety Plunger for right now while I wait for the reviews by you Beta testers.

The great thing about Apex is that they test the crap out of items before they go for sale. So no worries about getting a lemon (or a product that doesn't do as advertised).

I will be sticking one in my carry gun as soon as I get one.

C4

4DAIVI PAI2K5
10-02-15, 12:04
I keep leaning towards the agency trigger but this one has me curious as apex puts out good stuff.

wigbones
10-02-15, 13:56
I've got the taran tactical gen 4 connector kits in my Glocks. Anyone have thoughts on how this trigger would pair up with the taran tactical kit?

glocktogo
10-02-15, 14:05
My question is whether the safety tab goes fully flush with the trigger face. Those Underwood 180's at nearly 1400 fps make the factory tab quite painful!

Regardless, I'd need one for the Gen 4 large frame anyway.

t1tan
10-02-15, 14:26
It's called preference, some of us like flat triggers vs stock. Don't want it? Don't buy it.

I've been looking forward to this since Randy said they were doing Glock stuff soon. Now I just have to decide SSVi or this one.

As far as Gen 3 vs Gen 4 trigger bars, Gen 4 bar belongs in the trash.

Up1911fan
10-02-15, 17:00
Not sure why all this Gen3 vs needing one for a Gen4 talk matter's? You don't have to buy the complete trigger bar, you can buy just the trigger itself and install it on your trigger bar.

opngrnd
10-02-15, 21:31
The Gen4 trigger bars have a dimple on them that the Gen3 trigger bars don't. It's written about here by someone smarter than I:

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=5140

Gen3 trigger bar mentioned again here:

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=5337

jhr1986
10-02-15, 23:02
But, interestingly enough, Brownell's site states this will NOT work in a Gen4 pistol...

Brownells likely hasn't seen one of these triggers in person and therefore doesn't have any basis for this claim. Gen 3 triggers and trigger bars work fine in gen 4 guns, a well established fact. They're a big company, the safe position for them to take is that gen3 does not equal gen4 therefore everything is incompatible.

Up1911fan
10-02-15, 23:29

They also state that the Wilson Combat Glock barrels are only for Gen3's, even though Wilson will tell you they work fine in a Gen4.

K1tt3n5
10-03-15, 00:14
Do they polish or do anything to the trigger bar itself?
I have an agency arms trigger bar and ghost connector in my glock 42 and it feels solid. A few of my glocks have the hsp skimmer, and it is a quality piece.

Up1911fan
10-03-15, 08:49
I have an agency arms trigger bar and ghost connector in my glock 42 and it feels solid. A few of my glocks have the hsp skimmer, and it is a quality piece.

I'm seriously doubting anything is polished, they also sell the trigger itself as a stand alone piece you add to your trigger bar.

t1tan
10-03-15, 09:22

Based on the picture in the link, no.

http://www.apextactical.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/102110-1-600x400.jpg

10-03-15, 13:08
If you're into modifying your Glock pistol, the Apex trigger is actually the cheaper option for those that are tight with money or complain that it's too expensive for what they are getting.

Other flatter face triggers on the market:
SSVI- $150
IDP- $85 (trigger only, no bar)
Agency Arms- $150
Deus Ex Machina- $125
Zev- $150
Salient- $260+ (full trigger kit w/ parts; must send frame in)

Apex- $79.95 (trigger only, no bar); $99.95 (trigger and bar)

Apex all day long...

10-03-15, 13:15
I've got the taran tactical gen 4 connector kits in my Glocks. Anyone have thoughts on how this trigger would pair up with the taran tactical kit?

I have a TTI connector coming in without the springs. I'll let you know how the Apex trigger feels with the connector when it's time.

K1tt3n5
10-03-15, 14:21
Looks like I'll be trying one out. Apex makes great stuff and like @021411 said, it's the cheapest option and IMO looks the best.

Magsz
10-03-15, 14:55
I shot the prototype of this more than a year and a half ago and i was impressed then.

The design evolution we see here is excellent and along the lines of what i wanted to see albeit i never voiced my opinion as i trusted Randy and Scott to develop a marvelous offering and that they have.

Flat triggers on Glocks will always be odd due to the grip shape and the fact that the pad of your finger will ALWAYS be at an angle when it sits on the trigger face. Adding a gentle curve eliminates the awkwardness associated with trying to find the same, repeatable placement for your index finger on a flat trigger. Regardless of what the marketing speak will tell you, any truly flat trigger on a HINGED system like a Glock will NEVER replicate the feel of a 1911 flat trigger and the concepts behind why those work.

Kudo's to Apex.

Singlestack Wonder
10-03-15, 16:49
If someone receives one of these, check the drop safety and see if the removal of pre-travel disables the drop safety (3rd safety) on the pistol. This issue was prevalent with other 3rd party triggers that removed pre-travel.

K1tt3n5
10-03-15, 17:43
If someone receives one of these, check the drop safety and see if the removal of pre-travel disables the drop safety (3rd safety) on the pistol. This issue was prevalent with other 3rd party triggers that removed pre-travel.

What's the best way to check that?

Up1911fan
10-03-15, 18:48

I plan to check that when I get mine.

FlyingHunter
10-03-15, 20:35
If you're into modifying your Glock pistol, the Apex trigger is actually the cheaper option for those that are tight with money or complain that it's too expensive for what they are getting.

SSVI- $150
Agency Arms- $150
Deus Ex Machina- $125
Zev- $150

Apex all day long...

Thanks for the comparison...helpful.

Dave_M
10-04-15, 23:27

SSVI- $150
Agency Arms- $150
Deus Ex Machina- $125
Zev- $150

Apex all day long...

Only if you're going solely by price. Some of those triggers feel vastly different from one another. I've shot the Agency and SSVI side-by-side several times and you're not going to mistake one for the other, for example.

wigbones
10-05-15, 00:00
I have a TTI connector coming in without the springs. I'll let you know how the Apex trigger feels with the connector when it's time.

I'd appreciate that. I've got the springs installed as well. I'm very interested to hear how the new trigger feels. I imagine I'll be buying a couple.

notorious_ar15
10-05-15, 06:56
Only if you're going solely by price. Some of those triggers feel vastly different from one another. I've shot the Agency and SSVI side-by-side several times and you're not going to mistake one for the other, for example.

Dave_M,

do you have any comparison reviews posted up anywhere?

As far as Apex goes, I have been really happy with their products for the S&W Shield - looking forward to trying out their Glock trigger once they are released.

Watrdawg
10-05-15, 07:18
Hmmm, definitely going to have to add this to my G19. I have Apex parts on my M&P45 Middy and wouldn't do another M&P without them. Now that I can swap out my present G19 trigger for this I'm going to. When considering the price it's really pretty cheap.

Grant, will we be able to pre-order through you anytime soon?

ST911
10-05-15, 08:21
For the folks planning to buy one of these... Shoot some common assessments/exercises with your OEM triggers before you switch, then repeat them when you get your new triggers. Something quantifiable with scores, times, groups, dispersion, etc. If you own one of the other triggers on the market, add those for deeper comparison. Otherwise, it's mostly just "this feels great!", which is all much meh.

C4IGrant
10-05-15, 11:27
Hmmm, definitely going to have to add this to my G19. I have Apex parts on my M&P45 Middy and wouldn't do another M&P without them. Now that I can swap out my present G19 trigger for this I'm going to. When considering the price it's really pretty cheap.

Grant, will we be able to pre-order through you anytime soon?

Sure. Send us an e-mail and we will notify you when in stock.

C4

Dave_M
10-05-15, 19:32
Dave_M,

do you have any comparison reviews posted up anywhere?

Not a comparison review, no. I can talk some specifics when I'm not mashing on my phone though.

K1tt3n5
10-06-15, 00:38
Not a comparison review, no. I can talk some specifics when I'm not mashing on my phone though.

I would like to hear more from you. I've used the hsp skimmer as well as the agency arms(in a g42) Both were solid.

Alex V
10-09-15, 15:12
I honestly don't like the serrated trigger on my 3rd gen G19. On the other hand, I love the Apex trigger in my M&P9. Looks like I will be getting one of these when it is available.

JonnyVain
10-11-15, 22:25
For the folks planning to buy one of these... Shoot some common assessments/exercises with your OEM triggers before you switch, then repeat them when you get your new triggers. Something quantifiable with scores, times, groups, dispersion, etc. If you own one of the other triggers on the market, add those for deeper comparison. Otherwise, it's mostly just "this feels great!", which is all much meh.
I've always had a twitch in my pull. The agency trigger removed it. My guess is the flat face gives me feedback as to what a straight back pull is. More so the horizontal flatness than the vertical flatness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

titsonritz
10-15-15, 01:00

Brownells likely hasn't seen one of these triggers in person and therefore doesn't have any basis for this claim. Gen 3 triggers and trigger bars work fine in gen 4 guns, a well established fact. They're a big company, the safe position for them to take is that gen3 does not equal gen4 therefore everything is incompatible.

They are now ready to ship and they have revised their statement to:

Gen 3 Trigger Bar is not recommended by GlockŪ for use in Gen 4 Models

The GlockŪ Action Enhancement Trigger Body requires the use of your stock trigger bar(and removal of factory trigger) or installation on a separately purchased factory trigger bar. Note: removing the factory trigger from the trigger bar requires replacement of the complete assembly to go back to stock.

The Trigger body will work in the GlockŪ 43, but due to the narrower frame, will not work in the GlockŪ 42.

Wake27
10-15-15, 11:02
I'll try one as soon as they release a version that isn't flat. I love the full Apex kit in my M&P, but am just not a fan of flat triggers.

Magsz
10-15-15, 11:51
I'll try one as soon as they release a version that isn't flat. I love the full Apex kit in my M&P, but am just not a fan of flat triggers.

Wake,

Get your hands on one if you can. The trigger doesnt feel completely flat like their M&P flat trigger.

Dave_M
10-15-15, 13:13
I would like to hear more from you. I've used the hsp skimmer as well as the agency arms(in a g42) Both were solid.

Reader's Digest:

SSVI still maintains some of that Glock trigger feel, but in a good way. There's travel, but very quickly you roll up onto the plunger ('the wall'). You have a very clean and predictable break, and when you do the angle of the trigger is such that you get more leverage on it. Flatter, wider trigger but not completely flat. With the Agency, at least the ones I've used, you're on the plunger immediately. No travel to "the wall", just right there. I see utility with both, but between the two I prefer the SSVI because it has similar trigger prep to an OEM.

TheJawn
10-16-15, 13:51
Any hope of getting a comparison of this and the gabe suarez flat glock trigger? Both were released around the same time.

10-16-15, 13:58
I saw a pic of the Suarez trigger and it looks short for some reason.

piedrarc
10-17-15, 18:12
Any hope of getting a comparison of this and the gabe suarez flat glock trigger? Both were released around the same time.

Ordered one patrol flat trigger. Installed it and 95% of the time the trigger would not reset dry firing it. The trigger remained pinned to the rear. I sent it back they sent another with the exact same problem. Never fired a round. They refunded my money. I have a G17 slide from them that I really like and decided to try the flat trigger. I never found out what the problem was, but they were very prompt in trying to resolve it.

K1tt3n5
10-17-15, 20:39
I'm wondering how the apex compares to the ssvi. Anyone gotten their hands on one yet?

jmoore
10-17-15, 20:46
Ordered one patrol flat trigger. Installed it and 95% of the time the trigger would not reset dry firing it. The trigger remained pinned to the rear. I sent it back they sent another with the exact same problem. Never fired a round. They refunded my money. I have a G17 slide from them that I really like and decided to try the flat trigger. I never found out what the problem was, but they were very prompt in trying to resolve it.

I had the EXACT experience - just returned my second trigger last week. Same professional service - just couldn't get a functional trigger! Interesting to hear about your experience.

john

Leuthas
10-17-15, 21:04

Don't be too quick to assume. There is a reason the market has such great variety. Predominantly, because people and preferences dffer greatly.

sasage
10-18-15, 04:48
I'm wondering how the apex compares to the ssvi. Anyone gotten their hands on one yet?
Me too.

Any updates?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Up1911fan
10-18-15, 11:14
According to Brownells mine shipped.

10-20-15, 03:13
Got the trigger in today. Quickie observations after installing it in my G19 Gen4..
Pretravel is reduced as advertised which I was looking forward to the most. Trigger travel once you're at the wall still feels the same to me. Reset feels the same too. If things did in fact change I can't detect it or it's not a night and day difference to me. My gun is stock in the trigger group dept with the exception of the Apex trigger Apex safety plunger.
The face of the trigger feels good to my finger. I need to live fire it now.

Edited to add:
The Vickers slide stop fits a bit tighter in the space between the frame and trigger shoe in my G19. With the slide off the frame, the slide stop doesn't have the "snap" back down when you lift it up to work the wire spring on it. With the slide back on and empty mag in, it functions just fine. I had a few instances where the slide stop didn't drop down when I pulled on the slide with it locked back and no mag in.

After further evaluation, it was the wire spring on the slide stop that was not inline with the slide stop body. I took a pair of small pliers and bent the wire spring a bit. Problem solved. With that said, I didn't have a problem with the factory trigger in. Might just be a tolerance issue or individual slide stop copy issue.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2s6k66f.jpg

glocktogo
10-20-15, 11:25
Got the trigger in today. Quickie observations after installing it in my G19 Gen4..
Pretravel is reduced as advertised which I was looking forward to the most. Trigger travel once you're at the wall still feels the same to me. Reset feels the same too. If things did in fact change I can't detect it or it's not a night and day difference to me. My gun is stock in the trigger group dept with the exception of the Apex trigger Apex safety plunger.
The face of the trigger feels good to my finger. I need to live fire it now.

Edited to add:
The Vickers slide stop fits a bit tighter in the space between the frame and trigger shoe in my G19. With the slide off the frame, the slide stop doesn't have the "snap" back down when you lift it up to work the wire spring on it. With the slide back on and empty mag in, it functions just fine. I had a few instances where the slide stop didn't drop down when I pulled on the slide with it locked back and no mag in.

After further evaluation, it was the wire spring on the slide stop that was not inline with the slide stop body. I took a pair of small pliers and bent the wire spring a bit. Problem solved. With that said, I didn't have a problem with the factory trigger in. Might just be a tolerance issue or individual slide stop copy issue.

When you depress the safety blade, is it flush with the trigger face, or can you feel it on your finger?

10-20-15, 11:49
The blade is completely flush with the trigger face.

glocktogo
10-20-15, 13:38
The blade is completely flush with the trigger face.

Thanks! Let us know how it feels under recoil!

Watrdawg
10-23-15, 19:35
I just installed the trigger shoe in my Gen 4 G19. Reset is definitely more noticeable. Reset takes place when the trigger is almost all the way forward. There is less travel/take up until you hit the wall just before the firing. The trigger is crisp and when measured with a gauge it comes in at 6.5lbs. I'd like to lighten that up a bit. The trigger face is wide and you can definitely feel the width. The stock trigger isn't flat it tapers on the sides. I wonder if this flat trigger will decrease the typical glock trigger effect of shooting left. With it being flat it seems like you are putting even pressure across the face of the triggers when I dry fire it. Hopefully I get a chance to fire it this weekend. If I do I'll do a write up of the experience

K1tt3n5
10-24-15, 01:05
I'm sure it works awesome, but god is it ugly.

NCPatrolAR
10-25-15, 10:06
I saw a pic of the Suarez trigger and it looks short for some reason.

Maybe it was paroled during the R&D process

10-25-15, 14:11
Maybe it was paroled during the R&D process
Lol I see what you did there..

jmoore
10-25-15, 17:07
http://i58.tinypic.com/2s6k66f.jpg[/QUOTE]

The pic makes it look snug with the trigger guard. Any pinching?

john

10-25-15, 23:01
None at all at least with my finger.

BlahBlah
10-27-15, 11:29
I've been playing a lot with flat triggers recently. Rather than clutter this thread, I started another one detailing some of my experiences.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?175571-Looking-for-a-flat-straight-Glock-trigger-Pull-up-a-chair-and-come-inside

C4IGrant
10-29-15, 14:44
In stock!

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=102-112

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=102-110

C4

BuzzinSATX
10-29-15, 19:48
In stock!

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=102-112

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=102-110

C4

Have you had a chance to try one? If so, can you share your thoughts? Thanks...

Take Care,

Buzz