PDA

View Full Version : Buyers Beware

kevlar1911a1
10-02-15, 10:46
Bought a Smith Enterprise Vortex flash hider at a gun and knife show was told it was a sample so there was no package problem is its a forgery albeit a pretty good one had to send pics to Smith Enterprise to confirm. What I was told was yes I had been dubbed and its was a fake I was upset as any of us would be but what they did was completely unexpected Jack from Smith told me to mail the fake to him and he would send me my choice of a A2 or A3 no charge what a company we need to ralley around and support companies like Smith Enterprise who cleary support us just wanted you to know.

BillBond
10-02-15, 11:06
Another reason not to go to gun shows.

556BlackRifle
10-02-15, 11:08
Prolly chicom airsoft crap. Good on Smith!! Also heard they sent a bunch (No Charge) to several soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. I love the Vortex and run it on two of my ARs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Mike16610/ARs_1_zpsws7i84as.jpg

elephant
10-02-15, 12:52
Same happened to me a while back, I got a fake set of "USED" Daniel Defense sights from what I believed to be a legit dealer off the internet. Turned out to be Airsoft shit made in Hong Kong!

El Cid
10-02-15, 13:04
Bought a Smith Enterprise Vortex flash hider at a gun and knife show was told it was a sample so there was no package problem is its a forgery albeit a pretty good one had to send pics to Smith Enterprise to confirm. What I was told was yes I had been dubbed and its was a fake I was upset as any of us would be but what they did was completely unexpected Jack from Smith told me to mail the fake to him and he would send me my choice of a A2 or A3 no charge what a company we need to ralley around and support companies like Smith Enterprise who cleary support us just wanted you to know.
That was painful... To read. Please use punctuation and all that goes with it. Thanks!

kevlar1911a1
10-02-15, 13:07
Understood. Unfortunately technology has made being ileterate much easier.

bad aim
10-02-15, 13:07
That was painful... To read. Please use punctuation and all that goes with it. Thanks!

Hahaha I was just about to say something about that, too.

And yes, OP, Smith is a darn good company.

RazorBurn
10-02-15, 13:22
A couple of years ago I got suckered on what I thought was a Magpul Gen 2 Rear sight. Once I got home I realized I'd been snookered. It had a Phillips head screw, and the logo was in the wrong place. I still have it today to remind me to really watch myself and to avoid a "too good to be true" deal.

wigbones
10-02-15, 13:50
Had someone locally post an Aimpoint T-1 for sale for $250. The pic posted was a legit Aimpoint. The deal sounded too good to be true so I asked for more pics. The pics I was sent showed a knockoff micro with a red/green dot. I told the seller it wasn't real but he insisted it was because he purchased from an LEO. He then proceeded to laugh at me because other buyers wanted it anyway, he said. I was very thankful I was able to discover the scam before meeting up with the seller.

Fatorangecat
10-05-15, 02:17
I almost got took with a Smith Vortex copy at a gunshow as well. I was looking it over and noticed it didnt ring when I flipped it with my finger. I asked if he had any in the original packaging and the dealer pulled out a freezer bag full of flash hiders and told me to take my pick.....

Coal Dragger
10-05-15, 05:04
This should be merged with the other thread on gun show ****ery.

Hell maybe a sticky should be made to list all the scam/fake parts making the rounds on the gun show circuit.

notorious_ar15
10-05-15, 05:35
Hell maybe a sticky should be made to list all the scam/fake parts making the rounds on the gun show circuit.

That is a good idea. I really like the Smith Vortex I have & have been thinking about getting another - this is good info to have out there.

nova3930
10-05-15, 12:31
I bought a KIRF (Keeping It Real Fake) Surefire scout at the last one I went too. Then again I knew what I was getting for $20 and wanted it just to play around with and explore the config before I drop the $$ on a real one...

djegators
10-05-15, 14:27
Like I said in the gun show thread, I have put a lot of effort into being a quality vendor of quality products at the shows. It is tough, because the vast majority of folks want cheap shit. I also have pretty much beaten down the vendors that sell fake Magpul etc....they don't even try that shit any more...me and a few other goods call them out on it when we see it.

daddyusmaximus
10-05-15, 15:01
Shame. Very good PR on Smith for making it right when they didn't have to. My SBR has had the Vortex on it for 11 years.

Brassnbullets
10-05-15, 19:30
How could you tell it was a fake, besides buying it at a gun show

Talon167
10-05-15, 19:35
I never understood people who can sell fake stuff, knowing it's fake. Probably used car salesmen as their day job.

Sexual_Meatball
10-14-15, 03:20
the last gun show event i went to, a guy was selling "colt" magazines at a decent price. first thing i looked for was/at the floor plate and whether it said/stamped "colt" lo and behold it didnt. in fact it had nothing on it. also they had these bright green followers that were by "magpul"...really now..