PDA

View Full Version : NY DA wants to ban prosecutors from owning firearms.

1_click_off
10-03-15, 14:06
New York DA trying to ban prosecutors from carrying or owning guns. Trying to remove their second amendment completely.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/29/district-attorney-on-new-york-long-island-bans-prosecutors-from-owning-guns/

Wow, just wow.

MegademiC
10-03-15, 15:13
Does the da carry/own any guns? Is he including his position in this brilliant, original concept?

uffdaphil
10-03-15, 15:33
I expect the DA has LEO driver/bodyguard courtesy of the taxpayers.

Firefly
10-03-15, 16:07
Remember the Courtroom shooting here in Georgia a while back?

jmoney
10-03-15, 16:46
That is pure insanity. It hasn't even been a year since the trial ended for Eric Williams, the man who gunned down two prosecutors in Texas. I can't imagine his underlings are happy with this...

Palmguy
10-03-15, 17:26
The policy has been changed.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/09/30/nassau-da-handgun-policy/

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-03-15, 19:13
Just another benefit of open records, UBCs and registration. How soon until they become available to employers, who say that their insurance goes up if they hire gun owners...

usmcvet
10-04-15, 15:30
The policy has been changed.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/09/30/nassau-da-handgun-policy/

What a foolish policy. I'm glad it was recinded.

Alex V
10-04-15, 15:59
As soon as it made the news they changed the policy. Wonder how long it was on the books until someone gave it to a reporter?

SteyrAUG
10-04-15, 16:36
I have to wonder how many of those NY prosecutors have prosecuted otherwise law abiding citizens for carrying without a permit or gone after those visitors who had out of state permits not recognized by NY.

Averageman
10-04-15, 17:23
I have to wonder how many of those NY prosecutors have prosecuted otherwise law abiding citizens for carrying without a permit or gone after those visitors who had out of state permits not recognized by NY.

And there is the irony.
I'm all for law abiding citizens being armed, but if part of your job is sending them to prison for exersizing their right to own and carry, then I'm all for sending the Prosecuters out on the street unarmed.
Who knows maybe they will meet an Old Friend?

Firefly
10-04-15, 17:31
And there is the irony.
I'm all for law abiding citizens being armed, but if part of your job is sending them to prison for exersizing their right to own and carry, then I'm all for sending the Prosecuters out on the street unarmed.

Yeah. There it is

SteyrAUG
10-04-15, 18:11
And there is the irony.

Yeah, if a regular joe can't get his "may issue" permit signed, then NOBODY get's a permit. If you want a gun JOIN THE ARMY. Lawyers who are willing to "jam people up" to improve their performance record should get no special consideration. As for the lawyers with integrity who would never jam anyone up who didn't deserve it, well as they say "if you are innocent you have nothing to worry about and if you don't like the laws then get them changed."

That is what they always tell everyone else.

Averageman
10-04-15, 22:39
Yeah, if a regular joe can't get his "may issue" permit signed, then NOBODY get's a permit. If you want a gun JOIN THE ARMY. Lawyers who are willing to "jam people up" to improve their performance record should get no special consideration. As for the lawyers with integrity who would never jam anyone up who didn't deserve it, well as they say "if you are innocent you have nothing to worry about and if you don't like the laws then get them changed."

That is what they always tell everyone else.

You know thats not just the attitude Prosecutors have. There are a lot of people who feel the rules apply to "All of those people" but not to them, as a matter of fact I think it seems to be rampant amoung those who work in government jobs.
It's almost a closed system in some places, not just for gun permits, but many other things too. Need something from the VA? Need something from the Water Department? Need to speak to a Teacher at your childs school? I will nearly promise you the quickest way to get it is to know someone, or be someone.
This is why, more than anything a larger Federal Government should scare the shit out of you.
I'm glad this crap got sidetracked and I hope someone points out the double standard.

SteyrAUG
10-05-15, 00:55
You know thats not just the attitude Prosecutors have. There are a lot of people who feel the rules apply to "All of those people" but not to them, as a matter of fact I think it seems to be rampant amoung those who work in government jobs.
It's almost a closed system in some places, not just for gun permits, but many other things too. Need something from the VA? Need something from the Water Department? Need to speak to a Teacher at your childs school? I will nearly promise you the quickest way to get it is to know someone, or be someone.
This is why, more than anything a larger Federal Government should scare the shit out of you.
I'm glad this crap got sidetracked and I hope someone points out the double standard.

Yep, lots of "civilians" don't think they are "civilians." Just another example of everyone thinking they are somehow "special."