PDA

View Full Version : Allen Case?

Bimmer
07-30-08, 12:00
I want a cheap (<$40) "tactical" gun case to fit a 14.5" carbine with collapsible stock. I don't want anything longer than necessary, and I don't want a $100 case — this is just to carry the gun from the safe to the car, and from the car to the shooting range.

The 32" Allen case at Midway looks like exactly what I want:
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=132649

Reviews on Midway are good. Any comments/caveats before I plunk down my hard-earned money?

Ben

28_days
07-30-08, 13:32
Product link: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MOLLE204-1.html

I purchased this case recently and couldn't be more happy. In fact I'll be purchasing a 42" version as soon as they're back in stock. Granted yes it's made in China, but otherwise the overall fit and finish is very good (and I'm uber-OCPD). CTD is sourcing their product from Condor, who make a wide variety of firearm related accessories.

On a related note, there is a $10 off CTD coupon floating around the net. Google "Cheaper Than Dirt Discount Code".

Bimmer
07-30-08, 13:53
Thanks, 28 Days.

I've seen these, but (1) it's at least 4" too long, (2) it costs more, and (3) it's back-ordered in black.

Off topic: I've had good customer service experiences with Midway, and I've had bad customer service experiences with CtD. In my experience, CtD isn't that inexpensive, either. I make a point of avoiding CtD.

Ben

BTW, Amazon lists 30" padded guitar cases, too...

austinN4
07-30-08, 14:17
I want a cheap (<$40) "tactical" gun case to fit a 14.5" carbine with collapsible stock.Ben
Less money than the Allen and look like it is the same case: http://www.opticsplanet.net/uncle-mike-s-tatical-rifle-cases.html

I have one and it fits my 14.5"+ pinned flash suppressor just fine. Buy something else while you are there to get your order up to at least $29.95 and the shipping is free. I had no problems with them - about as good of internet service as you can get.

Bimmer
07-30-08, 16:00
Thanks Austin... that site is also selling the same Allen case for $10 less than Midway. The Uncle Mike's "tatical" case looks great, too (though I'm skeptical of buying from people who can't spell "tactical").

I'll follow up here when I get something...

Ben

28_days
07-30-08, 17:27
Bimmer,

If you're looking for another bag that is comparable give Bulldog Assault Cases a look. I've owned one and wouldn't hesitate to get another. The overall fit and finish, at least from the pictures, looks to be higher than that of the Allen.

Bimmer
07-30-08, 17:45
Thanks, 28 Days... I saw that Midway is selling a 35" Bulldog case for less than $20 on some kind of closeout.
I like the idea of getting more for less, but I really want to keep the case as short as possible. I know that it's absurd that I'm willing to pay more for a smaller, lesser-quality case...

I'm still looking. Keep the suggestions coming...

Ben

28_days
07-31-08, 01:09
Not a problem. I'm fairly certain that 35" is the outside dimension though, I would think it'd be a perfect fit for a 14.5.

I'll let you know if I come across anything.