PDA

View Full Version : Tacticalsprings.com???

billybronco
07-30-08, 13:36
Hey hey,

Ordered an M4 / CAR-15 Buffer Spring from Grant for my Noveske N4 Mid Length build.

Chrome Silicon - Moly Plated Extra Power Extractor Spring....What's the deal with these guys?

It looks a bit long. I reckon it's GTG for my UBR, right?

markm
07-30-08, 13:42
I don't know. I ordered on of those too. It's much longer than a standard carbine spring, but shorter than a rifle spring.

My gun immediately started crapping out with it installed. I thought maybe it was a rifle spring mislabeled. But as I stated, it's not as long as a rifle spring.

Stickman
07-30-08, 13:48
Hey hey,

Ordered an M4 / CAR-15 Buffer Spring from Grant for my Noveske N4 Mid Length build.

Chrome Silicon - Moly Plated Extra Power Extractor Spring....What's the deal with these guys?

What was wrong with the original spring? Just curious.

billybronco
07-30-08, 14:46
I'm building a new gun from scratch.

So ..... Am I SOL?

Do I need to go ahead and send it back?

Magpul's website:

Note: The UBR™ includes the necessary Entry Receiver Extension tube and all mounting hardware. An M4 Carbine Buffer and Spring are required for use with the UBR™ and are not included.

Packaging says it's an "M4 / CAR -15 Buffer Spring".

Shouldn't it work?

militarymoron
07-30-08, 15:00
i have them in 3 of my lowers and haven't had any problems. i didn't have problems with the stock springs either but put these in to try out (like replacing the extractor spring even though the stock one works).
they're a bit stiffer than the stock spring, so i thought i might have short stroking problems, but was surprised when i didn't. weak loads like wolf still lock back on the last round. i'm using both the enidine and H buffers.

demigod, did you contact them with your problem?

tacticalsprings/sprinco also makes the machinegunner's lube that's sold by LaRue.

billybronco
07-30-08, 15:06
PHEW.....thanks MM.

Okay, so I guess I'll go ahead and give it a try once I get everything put together.

I don't guess I should freak out about a little surface rust here and there, huh?

Should a brand new, chrome silicon, moly plated buffer spring be exhibiting signs of ANY corrosion when new in box???

red flag?

no worries?

what?

billybronco
07-30-08, 15:12
will the enidine buffer fit in the receiver extension with the buffer spring or does it take on both roles (spring and buffer)?

with my midlength, should i run a carbine buffer or an H?

keeping in mind that this spring is longer/stiffer than a normal carbine spring...

markm
07-30-08, 15:19
demigod, did you contact them with your problem?

Nah! Wasn't worth the little amount I spent on it. I could really feel the tension difference when I worked the charging handle.

I just went with Colt OEM carbine springs from Brownells.

militarymoron
07-30-08, 15:32
billy, the enidine replaces the stock buffer - you still need a spring. a bit of surface rust is normal on CS springs.
by the way, i'm just relating that they work in MY rifles (with carbine, midlength and rifle length system) - YMMV. there are so many variables that can affect function, as evidenced on this board.

demigod - just shoot alan dugger a quick email: alan@sprinco.com, even if you don't plan on replacing it. it helps him (and eventually, all of us) to be aware of problems with his products.

C4IGrant
07-30-08, 15:33
Hey hey,

They are a little bit longer than normal. Try it as is and then cut a coil down (one at a time) till the weapon locks back.

C4

C4IGrant
07-30-08, 15:35
will the enidine buffer fit in the receiver extension with the buffer spring or does it take on both roles (spring and buffer)?

with my midlength, should i run a carbine buffer or an H?

keeping in mind that this spring is longer/stiffer than a normal carbine spring...

The enidine buffer is worthless. On a middy, you can try the H buffer, but might be too heavy when coupled with that spring.

C4

markm
07-30-08, 15:36
demigod - just shoot alan dugger a quick email: alan@sprinco.com, even if you don't plan on replacing it. it helps him (and eventually, all of us) to be aware of problems with his products.

Maybe I will. I might get some pics of it first though. I can't imagine that I have the same spring as folks who aren't having problems with theirs. My carbine wasn't even close to cycling right.

militarymoron
07-30-08, 15:40
demigod - just for reference, this is how mine were packaged (username and password are both 'mm' to view photo):
http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/img/spring22.jpg

note: if the link doesn't work, try copying and pasting the url into your browser. the new password protect might not allow direct linking.

billybronco
07-30-08, 15:43
Pretty funny....I JUST hung up with Allen. SUPER NICE GUY.

It's amazing how real and sincere quality gun people are....

He mentioned that they are in the process of building a "blue" spring which is a bit lighter than the spring i have (red).

color coding has not taken place quite yet.

he said if i get any issues to send it back to him directly and he'll swap it for a "blue" spring.

he mentioned Grant and Military Moron by name....awesome guy.

he was leary on recommending any certain buffer to me but i think i'll take Grant's advice and go with carbine, especialyl with such a tight spring.

Grant, call ya shortly to order an LMT LPK, buffer and JP safety selector...

billybronco
07-30-08, 15:47
demigod, call alan - 512 928 3100 / 866 515 2715.

he'll swap it out for a "blue" spring.

he seems like an awesome dude.

might as well have a quality backup!!!