PDA

View Full Version : BCM upper/PSA lower

Cincinnatus15
10-07-15, 09:58
Is there any downside to purchasing a BCM 20" upper and mating it to a PSA A2 lower?

Jaysop
10-07-15, 09:59
No. Just use a good LPK

7.62NATO
10-07-15, 10:12
Yes, you should be mating it to a BCM A2 lower.

jesuvuah
10-07-15, 10:13
With the price that grant was selling those bcm lowers, I would probably go that route at this point, but I have a couple bcm uppers on psa lowers with zero problems.

Eurodriver
10-07-15, 12:18
Is there any downside to purchasing a BCM 20" upper and mating it to a PSA A2 lower?

Dude, this has to be like your 5th thread about BCM 20" uppers.

No, no issues. I mounted mine to a PSA to their OIF lower. The finish matches perfectly and worked out well. I bought a stripped lower and used a G&R LPK and a BCM stock kit, however.

Cincinnatus15
10-07-15, 13:05
I know, I know. I sold my BCM 20" off and I've regretted it ever since. Trying to find the cheapest route to get back into a 20" without risking reliability issues. Last post on the subject I promise.

^Rb
10-07-15, 13:14
No downside, other than you don't technically have a "complete BCM rifle" -- that matters at all to you.

As others have mentioned, a good trigger & parts kit are all that really matter.

HCrum87hc
10-07-15, 13:26
I've had two ARs with BCM uppers and PSA lowers, as well as an SBR with a PSA lower. They've all been just fine. Just use a quality LPK, and you'll be fine.

sasage
10-07-15, 16:26
I think the trigger in my PSA lower is better than my DD trigger FWIW

Cincinnatus15
10-07-15, 16:35
So the factory lower parts kit is fine or just the trigger?

Slvr Surfr
10-07-15, 18:46
I wanted an A2 stock with my 20" BCM upper, so I bought one of these complete from Rainier Arms.

http://www.rainierarms.com/bcm-lower-group-w-a2-stock

Iraqgunz
10-07-15, 19:03
I would replace the fire control group.

So the factory lower parts kit is fine or just the trigger?

Cincinnatus15
10-07-15, 19:33
Got it, thanks Gunz

praythenspray
10-08-15, 19:31
Apologies for piggybacking your thread OP but considering this thread is about a BCM upper and a PSA lower I would like to pose a separate question instead of making a new thread about the same thing

I am 100% set on a complete 16" mid-length BCM upper. I will purchase it directly from Bravo down the road when they go back on sale. Now, here is where I am torn. I can always save up and snag a complete BCM lower from gandrtactical but I was thinking about getting a stripped PSA lower next time they have free shipping and putting in a Colt LPK(from gandrtactial) and a receiver extension kit purchased from Bravo.

From what I read on this thread is that PSA is GTG? Would it be more of a brand recognition/re-sale value thing in purchasing the BCM lower? Or is there a quality/quality control difference I would be missing if I went with the PSA? It would be a little cheaper for the PSA build, but my next AR is my SHFT rifle so I don't mind waiting and saving up to buy the better quality part.

MistWolf
10-08-15, 22:26
I believe shipping for a PSA lower is $15. Then add shipping for the Colt LPK from Grant. Plus shipping for the rest of the lower parts from yet another source. Might as well get all your parts from one source and save on shipping