PDA

View Full Version : Troy Quad Rail

PYRO31888
07-30-08, 22:21
Hey i found a 7" Troy quad rail for $150 on Bravo, is that a good price and, they are pretty top of the line rails right?

Why are the Free Floats a lot more expensive than the 2 piece, or regular quad rails?

MassMark
07-30-08, 23:22
The 7" Troy MRF-DI will suit you well. It is a well-built and stable rail system. The price point is hard to beat and you will be amazed at how nicely this rail will work with your rifle. I think the price is inline, but you should check out G&R Tactical to be sure...

rifleshooter
07-31-08, 12:47
Troy rails are top quality S&W have them on their ARs I have a 10" on mine.
And the Bravo Company is a great company to deal with.:)

PYRO31888
07-31-08, 22:54
if i buy this it wont be for a while, because then ill buy everything else with it like the front grip and tactical light and mount.

ballsout
08-01-08, 01:29
Hey i found a 7" Troy quad rail for $150 on Bravo, is that a good price and, they are pretty top of the line rails right?

Why are the Free Floats a lot more expensive than the 2 piece, or regular quad rails?

Free Float basically does not attach to the barrel. (hence the free float). It is supposed to give you better accuracy. From what I have been reading one piece FF rails will always be better than a 2 piece but a 2 piece will usually be easier to install and usually don't require removing your FSB to install them. A good 2 piece will be close to as good as a single piece.

Battl3fr0nt
08-01-08, 07:16
Not really true.. any FF rail will do the same thing.. not allow you to put pressure on the barrel that is the main reason for FF rails as long as the rail is soild then you will be fine.. But they are easy to install.. only thing you dont do on the 2 peice is not remove the barrel nut.. but you still have to remove the delta ring and all the other junk.. Troy rails are the best user installed rails you can get then comes the omega rail from DD that is also a good rail and it is soild but not as soild as a Troy or samson.. It really depends on the shooting you will be doing anyway.. you dont need a FF rail unless you are going to be doing mid range to long range shooting... as with close range shooting you really will not be able to tell.. a FF rail will also much ALOT more soild then a drop in non ff..

Failure2Stop
08-01-08, 07:55
The DD Omega DOES NOT require removal of the Delta Ring Assembly. It is quite solid. It is the superior choice for those with a pinned/welded FH, or those that are not allowed to remove parts of their weapons, such as some PDs or most military.

If you are going to be putting sights on the rail (and want/need mid to long range accuracy with the irons or rail mounted lasers or MRDs), a dedicated high quality system is required to keep the sights from being pushed away from true with pressure on the HG. Systems such as the RAS II by DD, or the MRF from Troy are some of the better options.

The only non-FF rails really worth considering are the Knights RAS/RIS. They are "old school cool" and functional. They are not, however recommended if you want to mount optics with a high degree of accuracy required.

Lonestar.45
08-01-08, 15:13
I don't mount optics on my rail, just a light and VFG. I got the Troy MRF-DI you are talking about and it is awesome. It locks up TIGHT. If you aren't mounting optics, and don't want to have to remove the FSB to install, I don't think there's a better rail out there for the price.

PYRO31888
08-01-08, 15:33
ok ... ill put it on my wish list haha