PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint T1 and 3x, good combo?

Loner
07-31-08, 07:10
Anyone running a micro and 3x? Does it work well for you compare to say running a standard ML3? I have a micro on my 10.5" and its perfect and would like the option to put on or off a 3x to help me on extended ranges.

CarlosDJackal
07-31-08, 09:09
This is what I ran before I picked up a NF 1-4x NXS. The only problem I had with it was the 4MOA dot the T-1s came with. It covers up quite a big chunk of a target at 300-yards and made it hard to make the hits. In fact, I did better with just the T-1 since the dot is much smaller without the 3x magnifier. YMMV.

DocGKR
07-31-08, 09:45
Outstanding combination, especially on shorter barrel weapons! Note that the current T1 dot is actually closer to 3 MOA than the reported 4. I suspect there may be a 2 MOA version in the future, as there is great demand for this configuration.

Erick Gelhaus
07-31-08, 11:54
In fact, I did better with just the T-1 since the dot is much smaller without the 3x magnifier.

I'm guessing the target was that much smaller as well?

kjo
07-31-08, 14:03
i run that very combo on a MK18, when i think i want the option for magnification. works just fine for me. i've used both the larue swing down mnt as well as the aimpoint twist off and think i like the larue the best. when i think i want to run the mag i put it on and can then flip it up, or not -- i don't need to dig it out and twist it on.

that being said, both work well.

kjo

CarlosDJackal
07-31-08, 14:44
I'm guessing the target was that much smaller as well?

You've got it!!