PDA

View Full Version : Glock Dual Action Recoil Springs

recon
07-31-08, 12:21
Worth it and does it really work?
https://www.efkfiredragon.com/products.php?PHPSESSID=257f31e191f445aafb6b8326bb710b05&cat=12&pg=1

45r
07-31-08, 15:33
Save your money and use it on extra ammo, magazines or training. The stock guiderod is perfect. Want to decrease recoil...buy a X300 light and mount it to your pistol :)

ToddG
07-31-08, 22:50
The link wouldn't open for me. My Mac threw up a warning and I stayed away.

However, as a general rule any "dual spring recoil reducer" or similar recoil reduction gadget operates based on the assumption that the purchaser won't be a good shooter.

Why do I say this? These devices serve primarily to slow down the recoil impulse. Someone who got past Physics 101 can explain the math but basically what you feel in terms of recoil is reduced when the force takes longer to get delivered. So if a dual spring system doubles the time it takes for the slide to reach its rearmost point during the cycle of operation, it is reducing the felt recoil significantly.

This sounds great, but only if you care more about what you feel than how you shoot. Because the significantly increased dwell time tends to mean slower shot to shot times. Muzzle flip isn't reduced at all, but now you need to spend twice as much time working to track your front sight during the recoil arc. Result: worse, not better, speed.

DarrinD
08-02-08, 01:48
The link wouldn't open for me. My Mac threw up a warning and I stayed away.

However, as a general rule any "dual spring recoil reducer" or similar recoil reduction gadget operates based on the assumption that the purchaser won't be a good shooter.

That's funny, my Mac opened it right up no problem. Could I possibly have something better than yours? Nahh, I probably just got a Mac virus.

Seriously, don't the G27's in .40 have a double "recoil reduction" spring? When I first (and last) fired one I stripped it and noticed the differet recoil spring and was told by the range officer that it was standard. I can see why they would want to try to tame the G27, and the springs on page from the link provided by the OP look very similar. I would browse around Glockmeister and see if Glock makes a stock OEM spring for the model you have.

BushmasterFanBoy
08-02-08, 02:32
While I'm no engineer, these seem similar to what HK used on their fullsize HK USP lineup.

Wayne Dobbs
08-02-08, 09:14
It's PT Barnum gear ("there's a sucker born every minute"). Spend the $65 on ammo and work on skill, not hardware. Besides, the more you mess around with your Glock the sooner you'll get it to quit working correctly. Change the sights, put in a Vickers magazine catch and go shoot the snot out of the gun.