PDA

View Full Version : Otis cleaning kits

whitetiger7654
10-03-06, 15:42
From what I've read a lot of people like the Otis cleaning kits. I was thinking about ordering one. What do you guys think? If I do order one which one should I order they have so many versions.

I own .22LR, .223, 12Gauge, 9mm, and .40S&W. I'd like to use it on all of them if possible.

Mojo58
10-03-06, 16:07
Get one of their Deluxe models that has everything from the brass scrapers, brushes to the different patches. I've added their kits to my other kits. They work well. Of course, like others have said here, don't forget to get some items not included in their kits to aid you in doing some of the other cleaning chores for when you do more than a "field cleaning".

whitetiger7654
10-03-06, 16:24
I'm still new to AR's. So can you guys tell me what all I should have to completely clean my gun. And if possible where to purchase these items.

Mojo58
10-03-06, 19:03
Sure thing Whitetiger7654, check out their tactical kit: http://www.otisgun.com/cgistore/store.cgi?page=/new/fcatalog.html&setup=1&cart_id= This one should do you just fine. Pick up some nylon cleaning brushes like the ones that look like toothbrushes with brushes on both ends. I get mine from Kleen Bore. Some pipe cleaners and Q-tips and that should do you. There are some other items mentioned earlier in this thread that would be very helpful for really detailed cleaning. And re-read Pat Rogers' post on "Cleaning and Lubrication". I'm sure others here can help you out with some of those other cleaning tools for the detailed stuff. I hope I was of some help.

Mojo58
10-03-06, 19:07
Sorry, I checked the link and it doesn't take you to the specific kit. The one I was suggesting was in the "Hunting and Sporting Cleaning Systems" of the site. It's specifically called "The Tactical Cleaning System (.177-10 Guage)".

whitetiger7654
10-03-06, 19:39
Thanks for all the help. I just ordered a couple instructional videos as well for my guns. I hope to learn as much as possible. I like to know how they work rather than just taking them to someone else to be cleaned.

knightsar
10-04-06, 09:23
When I bought my Otis at Cabelas it came with a CD that showed cleaning techniques. I believe also you can visit the website for more help. I think I bought the Tactical cleaning kit from cabelas that works for several diffident calibers including shotguns. I love mine and use it exclusively.