PDA

View Full Version : Streamlight Polytac

zubrato
10-13-15, 02:54
Any hope or word on compatible pressure tape switches? i heard G2 switches are compatible, but many people say they are not, without filing down the cap as its too long.

I've used a polytac to great effect for 2 years, but now that I've got a ff rail I wanted to mount it at 6'oclock with a pressure switch at 12. got the ALG rail and the magpul mlok offset and scout, and the closest to comfortable I can get is the scount mount but it sticks pretty far off the rail due to the V block from magpul.

if no, whats my next budget minded step? what about the TLR-1 HL with long gun kit on the mlok scout rail at 6?

advice?

thank you

TF82
10-13-15, 17:55
There's not one designed for it. Truthfully, mine didn't last as a weapon light. It worked out good for a while and I was really happy with it, but after a while the spring compressed and it wouldn't turn on, after that I deemed it unreliable for that job. I've since stretched the spring back out and it's been a great hand held. I've been happy with the reliability of my TLRs, but the one on my rifle was taller than I cared for at the 12 o'clock position so I switched to a Malkoff/Arisaka/Surefire mini scout clone.