PDA

View Full Version : Genius Solutions To Life...

SteyrAUG
10-14-15, 02:52
When two adults and three dogs no longer comfortably fit on two couches, what do you do?

You do this...

http://i57.tinypic.com/2i0cig1.jpg

Now everybody fits. Only downside is if you load the multi disc DVD player and have a bunch of stuff on the DVR you haven't seen yet, once you grab popcorn and cokes you might never get out of the couch aka comfort platform.

Wife and I have blown a couple weekends doing nothing else since I came up with it. The excuse to not get up..."I don't want to disturb the dogs, they look comfortable."

Downside? Eventually your gonna need to go to the bathroom.

And yes, no dog is apparently an alien.

Moose-Knuckle
10-14-15, 13:29
Downside? Eventually your gonna need to go to the bathroom.

You'll have to get one of those Laz-E-Boy recliners from the future with the built in toilet and popcorn holder/soda IV tube inlets depicted in Idiocracy.

SteyrAUG
10-14-15, 15:35
You'll have to get one of those Laz-E-Boy recliners from the future with the built in toilet and popcorn holder/soda IV tube inlets depicted in Idiocracy.

Yeah, even if they had one, I don't think I would want one.

usmcvet
10-14-15, 15:39
Head over to the 1st Aid Forum and read up on catheters!

ColtSeavers
10-14-15, 17:09
An ex girlfriend and I used to do something similar. We'd pull the mattress off the bed in the spare bedroom and put in on the floor in the living room up against the couch and just drink and scr*w for a weekend straight.

The wife and I decided to go 'higher class' and get a wrap around sofa with gigantic matching ottoman that can easily be buttressed up into the couch to form a wrap around playboy bed type arrangement.

I guess it worked 'too well', because now we have kids and it's their master couch control lounge central. :o

Firefly
10-14-15, 18:15
Have you not heard of bean bag chairs?

A really good one is bliss

Ed L.
10-14-15, 18:37
Nice looking dog, Steyr,

Is it a Dutch Shepherd?

Airhasz
10-14-15, 19:31
Excellent Steyr, your house..your rules.

OH58D
10-14-15, 19:52
Out here in ranch country, the critters generally stay outside. About 1880, there was a family not too far from here who had one building, and they lived in that building with a couple of Mules, some pigs, and other beasts of the field. When they killed a chicken, they would hang it on the south side of their house for a few days to let the meat develop a little flavor before serving it up. Times in the Old West were quite crude in rural New Mexico. Our domesticated canine here at Black Mesa Ranch sleeps in the stable.

Averageman
10-14-15, 20:44
Out here in ranch country, the critters generally stay outside. About 1880, there was a family not too far from here who had one building, and they lived in that building with a couple of Mules, some pigs, and other beasts of the field. When they killed a chicken, they would hang it on the south side of their house for a few days to let the meat develop a little flavor before serving it up. Times in the Old West were quite crude in rural New Mexico. Our domesticated canine here at Black Mesa Ranch sleeps in the stable.

My Step Dad grew up around four corners in the 1930's-1940's. When Grandma's milk dried up they fed him Mare's milk until he was old enough for solid food. We put indoor toliets in Grandma's house in 1978.
That's the kinda "rough" most folks never would consider was going on in the United States in the 1970's.

OH58D
10-14-15, 22:17
Averageman, I know the Four Corners area of New Mexico well. Haul cattle there to the Navajo Ag Products Feedlots from time to time. Did you step Dad live in the Farmington area? I'm in NE New Mexico straight east of Las Vegas, NM.

Bulletdog
10-14-15, 23:36
Man, I didn't know you had a Dutch either. Your story just gets better and better.

How do you have time for TV and couches with your busy martial arts and fast-food-restaurant-justice schedule? :)

SteyrAUG
10-15-15, 00:15
Nice looking dog, Steyr,

Is it a Dutch Shepherd?

Yes.

My dogs have always been inside dogs. And even when I lived in really sketchy neighborhoods, my TV was always there when I came home.

Averageman
10-15-15, 08:43
Averageman, I know the Four Corners area of New Mexico well. Haul cattle there to the Navajo Ag Products Feedlots from time to time. Did you step Dad live in the Farmington area? I'm in NE New Mexico straight east of Las Vegas, NM.

Yes they had a Ranch between Shiprock and Farmington. If you and yours have been there for some time I am sure you have had some dealings with them.
I think my Uncle Slim was about the last of the family that I knew personally and he passed at least a decade ago. Slim had 17 kids so I am sure I still have cousins in the area, but I don't think they are in the ranching business anymore.

OH58D
10-15-15, 12:10
Averageman, I don't live in that area but know it well. The area between Farmington and Shiprock are the areas of Kirtland, Fruitland and Waterflow, all non-towns, just places following the river valley. Only 9% of that county is privately owned, the rest is Indian Reservation and other Federal Lands.

I have a Navajo wrangler working my ranch here in San Miguel County. His clan (maternal) is from the Shiprock Agency. When he's not working for me he runs the rodeo circuit. Before market, we haul our cattle to either the feedlots in the Farmington area run by the Navajos or to one on the west side of Amarillo, Texas. Where my ranch is, we're about 70 miles from town. Beautiful desolation and virgin wide open country. I'm currently running 400 +/- head of cattle on 15,000 acres of land. Rule of thumb here is about 50 acres to the head to run cattle.

Averageman
10-15-15, 12:38
My Uncle Slim tried to get me to move up there and work for him when my enlistment was about up, he even shopped for some land for me. I love the area, I just loved the Army a lot more at the time.
Slim was married to a Navajo Woman and they ran a General Store, raised horses and by the time I came along were running a lot more sheep than cattle.
I sure miss that area, but I don't think I could ever leave Texas for it.

Ed L.
10-15-15, 15:57
Steyr, you have a Dutch Shepherd?

I am seriously impressed.

I want to hear about the Dutch Shepherd. How much exercise does the dog need?

SteyrAUG
10-15-15, 18:20
Steyr, you have a Dutch Shepherd?

I am seriously impressed.

I want to hear about the Dutch Shepherd. How much exercise does the dog need?

1 Dutch, 2 Germans.

As far as exercise, depends if you want the dog to eat the couch or not. Thankfully having two other dogs means they get to run around like idiots in the yard.