PDA

View Full Version : SpecWar K on PWS Diablo (7.75 barrel)

ffhounddog
10-15-15, 04:33
If anyone was wondering about the barrel lengths I got a email from SilencerCo about my SpecWar K I have on order:

"Thank you for contacting us. The recommend minimum barrel length for the Specwar K is 10". However, running it on a 7.75" inch barrel won't void your warranty, but you will experience accelerated wear on the blast baffle. The Saker K has the Hoplon blast baffle allowing use on a 7" barrel without the worry of accelerated wear."

I have a PWS Diablo 556 that has a 7.75 barrel. Thinking if I run it in suppressed mode should be good to go.

I am just worried about how loud the ASR muzzle brake mount will be. I was told that would be sacrificial baffle.

Too bad there is not a blast jacket out for the ASR mount.

So here comes the dillima, I was going to get another SpecWar K so my wife and I could have the same can, or get an Omega (same mount). The thing is if I get a Saker K I am covered and 1/2 inch shorter but I heard the SpecWar K is better all around can. Omega would give me other options, and the Saker K would let me use it with a flash hider. My PWS right now has a PWS/Gemtech Triad flash/comp on it and I am borrowing a blast jacket from a deployed friend. It works.

I have a thought of just using my 2010 Gemtech G5 or heavy HVT-QD (got the HVT this year because I was a Gemtech junky and it was $500 otd, but I am still a LWRCi junky have a 10.5 m6a2 for another SBR). on my 7.75 PWS because it seems like their customer service is going down hill and they never andwer questions even if I use my leo email address. That is the reason why I am moving to SiCo due to them actually answering questions and LE pricing. Surefire actually got me to buy the ryder 9-ti because the CS rep could not answer my question and one of the engineers called me.

Future I am getting a 7.5-8.3 inch 300blk and a 11.5 Upper. Have 3 form1 lowers and doing one more in DEC.

I am going to be the guinia pig on the SiCo hybrid next year. I have twins on the way so mostly ammo and ammo.