PDA

View Full Version : Benelli M4 recommendations

HKGuns
10-16-15, 18:16
I have a new Benelli M4 H2O on the way and have a few questions.

- I can't seem to find the original, collapsible, stock in H2O form anywhere, are they available somewhere? Benelli for some reason only sells them to LE, which I am not.
- In your experience is an optic necessary or are the ghost ring sights effective enough?
- If an optic, which will hold up to the recoil of a 12 GA?

I have a full length NP3 Mag tube on the way from FFT.

What other "upgrades" or changes would you recommend? (I don't particularly care much for the MT stock)

Leuthas
10-16-15, 19:07
What do you plan to use the shotgun for?

HKGuns
10-16-15, 19:33
Home defense type setup is the primary purpose.

Secondary purpose would be sweeping away the riff raff in a sudden collapse of society.

wigbones
10-16-15, 19:39
I find the ghost ring sights on my M2 to be sufficient. I have the comfortech stock which I like. I did pick up a couple new parts from taran tactical to swap out. Those parts were a new charging handle and an accuguide extended carrier. Very nice additions, especially if you've ever had your finger pinched while reloading.

Leuthas
10-16-15, 19:42
A light is a very important - you should know that. I am a fan of reflex sights, and in this situation they'd shine. Something such as a large MOA RMR will do well in low light.

Beyond a light, you should not over complicate an HD shotgun.

Is there any reason you're using a shotgun rather than an AR for HD?

HKGuns
10-16-15, 19:49
Have the AR angle covered already, several times over, this is for something different.

Yes a light is on the list.

Mikill Drengr
10-16-15, 20:22
As with most things in the firearms arena, it is personal preference. I prefer a light only and nothing other than a bead frontsight . other than that it feels to cluttered to me. Shooting g the gun on paper is important to see where it prints with a given load. Especially for snap shots.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
10-16-15, 21:57
Optic with the M4 should be necessary. Aimpoint T1 is holding up just fine on mine.

SOWT
10-18-15, 19:35
Trijicon RMR with the Scalarworks rail if you want an optic.

Good flash light, back scattered light from the flashlight allows me to sight through the ghost ring.

FWIW- My M4 was dead on out of the box.

HKGuns
10-23-15, 16:25
SOWT, why the Scalarworks rail? I thought the Benelli rail only had issues with Larue mounts?

Here she is with the 7 round tube from FFT, I also picked up a GG&G aluminum follower which is sturdier than the stock item.

http://hkguns.zenfolio.com/img/s10/v106/p1580555059-5.jpg

TomMcC
10-23-15, 18:10
I have a new Benelli M4 H2O on the way and have a few questions.

- I can't seem to find the original, collapsible, stock in H2O form anywhere, are they available somewhere? Benelli for some reason only sells them to LE, which I am not.
- In your experience is an optic necessary or are the ghost ring sights effective enough?
- If an optic, which will hold up to the recoil of a 12 GA?

I have a full length NP3 Mag tube on the way from FFT.

What other "upgrades" or changes would you recommend? (I don't particularly care much for the MT stock)

I did a search on Ebay "Benelli m4 adjustable stock 70085", try it and see if that's the one you want. I use Ghost ring sights and like them, you can really zero in your slugs. I do run a fiber optic on the front.

HKGuns
10-23-15, 18:22
Thanks I need the 70085-H2O which has all the parts NP3 coated. (obviously not required, but I would prefer it to be the same as the gun)

HKGuns
10-26-15, 18:42
I put some 9 pellet 00 through her yesterday and POA=POI dead nutz perfect out of the box. Shot extremely smoothly and while I didn't put a ton of rounds through her she functioned flawlessly.

ThePhonMan
10-27-15, 14:56
I set my M4 up as my fallback/last stand in our bedroom gun (after all other options have been exhausted).

- Benelli factory magazine extension tube
- EOTech 517 holographic sight
- Mesa Tactical 6-shell holder
- Carlson Tactical Breacher Choke Tube
- TLR-1S weapon light with pressure switch

I also replaced requisite parts (including the grainy-ass factory trigger) to maintain 922r compliance after extending the magazine capacity with Freedom Fighter Tactical:
- Trigger
- Hammer
- Sear
- Magazine Follower

SOWT
10-27-15, 20:19
SOWT, why the Scalarworks rail? I thought the Benelli rail only had issues with Larue mounts?

Here she is with the 7 round tube from FFT, I also picked up a GG&G aluminum follower which is sturdier than the stock item.

I have the collapsible stock on back order.

http://hkguns.zenfolio.com/img/s10/v106/p1580555059-5.jpg

Scalarworks rail was designed to allow the Trijicon RMR to co-witness with the iron sights.

HKGuns
10-27-15, 21:36
Thanks, is it true co-witness or lower 1/3? I prefer true as lower 1/3 messes with my small mind.

SOWT
10-28-15, 21:05
Thanks, is it true co-witness or lower 1/3? I prefer true as lower 1/3 messes with my small mind.

True.

https://scalarworks.com/optic-mounts/bor-rmr/

Mjolnir
11-07-15, 17:58
Order the "normal" collapseable stock and send it to Robar. They will NP3 it for you.

-------------------------------------
"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

SgtKeeblerUSMC
12-05-15, 05:58
I was able to order my M4 with the 7 round tube and collapsible stock. I added the BLAM light mount, streamlight TRL1 HL with remote switch, the sidesrmor/Asgard defense detachable 6 round side saddle and a VTAC padded sling.

TheChunkNorris
12-06-15, 04:32
I managed to find an Italian stock for less than $300 on Gunbroker (from all places) but had to get various 922r parts. The notable parts were the Freedom Fighter Tactical titanium tube with the appropriate spring and red follower. Right now it still has the OEM sights but looks like it'll get a RMR. I have a B&T rail sitting for it in the house.

HKGuns
12-06-15, 16:01
I ended up going with one of the Benelli collapsible stocks on eBay and will send it to Robar for NP3+ treatment once I disassemble. It really improves the handling characteristics of the gun in a positive way.

I also purchased a full set of Mobil choke tubes and sent them to Robar to have them NP3+ coated. I also had a G-hammer coated and should have it back from Robar on Monday. There is literally nothing metal on this gun that isn't coated. I don't feel right adding non coated parts.

I looked at that B&T forearm....I suppose it seems too bulky and I really don't need that much rail space.