PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint battery question

jlficken
08-01-08, 09:47
Would anyone shy away from using a Duracell 1/3N battery:
http://www.amazon.com/Duracell-DL-3N-Battery-CR1/dp/B000QT4QPK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1217600782&sr=8-5
over the Aimpoint branded battery? My local ACE store has them for $3.89 each and I don't have to place a special order for the spare I need.

Parabellum9x19mm
08-01-08, 20:40
i have some duracells as well, because i was able to get them at a camera shop by me.

i wasn't aware anyone was shying away from them :confused: work fine for me.

CLHC
08-01-08, 20:58
Don't see any problem with DURACELLS. A bit pricey than most, but their fine. Unless someone else know otherwise. . .

BushmasterFanBoy
08-02-08, 00:39
Would anyone shy away from using a Duracell 1/3N battery:
http://www.amazon.com/Duracell-DL-3N-Battery-CR1/dp/B000QT4QPK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1217600782&sr=8-5
over the Aimpoint branded battery? My local ACE store has them for $3.89 each and I don't have to place a special order for the spare I need.

Amazon wants $3.29. That's a much better deal than what I paid for them over at G&R Tactical. G&R sent me a Duracell which is identical to the one pictured at Amazon, except G&R wants $5.60. Total rip off, especially if you shop at Amazon frequently, you can save on shipping.

Thanks for the link, I'll pick them up over there instead, call me a penny pincher :D.

ErikL
08-02-08, 01:52
Amazon wants $3.29. That's a much better deal than what I paid for them over at G&R Tactical. G&R sent me a Duracell which is identical to the one pictured at Amazon, except G&R wants $5.60. Total rip off, especially if you shop at Amazon frequently, you can save on shipping.

Thanks for the link, I'll pick them up over there instead, call me a penny pincher :D.

I would be interested to see what G&R charged you for shipping charges? The seller on amazon wants 6.50 so if you just bought the battery it would cost you 9.79... which by the way is how the amazon sight works. You pay individual shipping charges per item if you buy items from the different dealers listed. So is G&R really ripping you off?

And to answer the original question, Duracell batteries are top notch no worries using them.

Robb Jensen
08-02-08, 06:14
I would imagine if you bought an Aimpoint battery from G&R that shipping would probably be $.42-$1.00 or actual USPS postage.

Amazon will likely be USPS Priority $4.80

To save himself money a smart shopper would likely order more than just a battery if he couldn't find one locally. Aimpoint batteries last over 1 to 7 years each so there's no rush even if you leave the thing on all the time.

jlficken
08-02-08, 14:32
Thanks for the responses. I just wasn't sure if there was sometrhing special about the Aimpoint batteries that dictated their use over Duracells. I will just go pick one up as I don't have anything else to order at the moment. I forgot it when I ordered from Midway the other day and want a spare in the little compartment in the Larue mount as a backup.

jasonb
08-02-08, 23:44
Grant is certainly not in the business of ripping people off.

chadbag
08-03-08, 01:11
Thanks for the responses. I just wasn't sure if there was sometrhing special about the Aimpoint batteries that dictated their use over Duracells. I will just go pick one up as I don't have anything else to order at the moment. I forgot it when I ordered from Midway the other day and want a spare in the little compartment in the Larue mount as a backup.

Aimpoint ships duracell. They don't have their own special branded battery.

AllAmerican
08-04-08, 16:45
I ordered some stuff from G&R and added an Aimpoint battery as an after thought... I don't think they charged anything extra for shipping the battery. I don't think vendors would stay in buisness long 'ripping people off'
;)