PDA

View Full Version : Ordered New CQB Laser - Received Used

El Cid
10-17-15, 12:39
I'm not going to name the vendor yet until they have had an opportunity to respond to my email. That said, I'm beyond pissed off and need advice on what kind of price reduction I should accept if they offer one. If they don't the device will be returned for a full refund. The problem is I have no idea what a used Steiner (Laser Products) CQBL is worth. Especially since there is no way to know how many rounds it endured or what other conditions.

When I received the package today I opened it and thought the battery was missing as it wasn't in the foam cutout for the battery. Then I turn the lser on and realized the battery was inside. When I turned over the laser I saw carbon scorch marks from being near the muzzle of a firearm. There are also visible wear marks from being mounted to a rail.

The vendor is a company I've spent countless thousands with over the years and up until today I trusted. Part of me thinks I should just send it back and tell them to **** off forever. Assuming they do offer to discount the price of the laser, what should I accept? Love to hear y'all's thoughts. Thanks!

link to product: http://www.steiner-optics.com/laser-devices/cqbl-1

(Pics coming)

El Cid
10-17-15, 12:43
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_9605_zpsu1ila5zz.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_9604_zps7mc3nsdl.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_9603_zpsl2aq64mg.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_9601_zps275ixsyk.jpg

Eurodriver
10-17-15, 13:16
I understand you're upset. I'd be upset too if I thought it was used. But let's give them the benefit of the doubt as I'm almost positive I know the vendor you're speaking of and they are legit.

First, it's Saturday. Let them respond before getting angry and doing anything stupid.

Second, that doesn't look like "Scorch" marks from being near the muzzle of a gun. It's damn near impossible to get marks that even and consistent from muzzle blast. It looks almost like paint overspray.

Third, maybe they simply put the battery in to see if it worked? I would rather a vendor sell me something that cost $$$ that they know worked other than just assuming it did only for me to find out...

The bottom line, to me, is that I don't see anything that cannot be explained. Whether you are content with the explanation (testing it out, etc) is a different story. But I doubt they were like "Haha, **** this El Cid guy. I'm gonna sell him my old one and take the new one for myself"

El Cid
10-17-15, 13:30
I understand you're upset. I'd be upset too if I thought it was used. But let's give them the benefit of the doubt as I'm almost positive I know the vendor you're speaking of and they are legit.

First, it's Saturday. Let them respond before getting angry and doing anything stupid.

Second, that doesn't look like "Scorch" marks from being near the muzzle of a gun. It's damn near impossible to get marks that even and consistent from muzzle blast. It looks almost like paint overspray.

Third, maybe they simply put the battery in to see if it worked? I would rather a vendor sell me something that cost $$$ that they know worked other than just assuming it did only for me to find out...

The bottom line, to me, is that I don't see anything that cannot be explained. Whether you are content with the explanation (testing it out, etc) is a different story. But I doubt they were like "Haha, **** this El Cid guy. I'm gonna sell him my old one and take the new one for myself"

I will give them full opportunity to explain it but having bought one last year from TNVC (who I should've gone back to this time I am now realizing) there were no rail marks or black carbon/overspray on it. It looked brand new. I don't think this vendor was out to screw me, but I'm really interested in hearing their response.

I posted this to see if folks here thought it would be worth keeping a used laser and if so, what a fair price would be. I don't expect to hear from the vendor until next week.

Eurodriver
10-17-15, 13:47
Gotcha. To answer your question directly, I wouldn't want a used laser. Period. They are still too finicky and new to take a price reduction and there is no way of knowing how much of its useful life remains.

Outlander Systems
10-17-15, 14:00
No. At any price.

Get a refund and buy from TNVC.

Like ED said, too complex to take a gamble on.

cinco
10-17-15, 14:04
You stated you've done thousands of dollars of business with them over the years and all was good till this event. I'd think that would justify giving them the benefit of the doubt and wait for their response.

No way would I suggest keeping that unit without knowing the history - especially considering the money involved and your peace of mind for functionality.

At the least, return the item for full refund and go with TNVC. Best case they step up and make it right with a nice discount on a new replacement unit.

Either way, you'll get the issue resolved. I'd be pissed too btw, but have a cold beer and contemplate a nice possible discount you might receive for your irritation.

Outlander Systems
10-17-15, 14:06
I'm curious to hear the resolution to this, because just about everyone who sells the CQBL is someone I've done business with.

El Cid
10-17-15, 14:23
Thanks gents - agree that keeping this unit at any price makes me uneasy at best. I'll update the thread after I get a response from the vendor.

Iraqgunz
10-17-15, 15:20
This shouldn't have been posted here. Even though you didn't out them, you still havent given them a chance to respond yet. It could have been an accident (wrong shipment, etc). Once you have a reply we will revisit this.