PDA

View Full Version : Phoria at 1x on 1-6 variable

Emtothedee
10-17-15, 22:21
I seem to be experiencing quite a bit of phoria at the 1x setting of my VCOG 1-6. Anyone else experience any on their 1-6? Is it normal to have that or is it just me? maybe it's the scope? Adjusting the diopter doesn't seem to make it better. Any input from people with a 1-6 would be great.

TomMcC
10-17-15, 23:42
After looking up the definition of phoria I'm not sure I understand what it is. Is it that your eyes aren't focusing on the same point at some distance? Maybe a slight squinting of your weak eye would help.

Emtothedee
10-18-15, 00:24
After looking up the definition of phoria I'm not sure I understand what it is. Is it that your eyes aren't focusing on the same point at some distance? Maybe a slight squinting of your weak eye would help.

I'm getting the same image in two slightly different locations. Kind of like with an acog and the bac method but bith eyes are at 1x instead of one at 4x and the other at 1x

WS6
10-18-15, 04:32
Yes, my vcog did that.

Emtothedee
10-18-15, 11:49
Yes, my vcog did that.

Was that a big deal to you? You do not own it anymore I'm assuming

WS6
10-18-15, 18:28
Was that a big deal to you? You do not own it anymore I'm assuming

That and other things led to its sale.

Emtothedee
10-18-15, 19:03
That and other things led to its sale.

Did you go with a different 1-6 instead? I'm wondering if it's my eyes or the scope that's the issue. Don't want to get another 1-6 and end up with the same issues.

WS6
10-18-15, 23:38
Did you go with a different 1-6 instead? I'm wondering if it's my eyes or the scope that's the issue. Don't want to get another 1-6 and end up with the same issues.

Just playing with them, the Vortex Razor HD II, Kahles K16i, and Z6i swaro did not have this issue, but I ended up choosing a new-old-stock 2013 Nightforce NXS 1-4 because it had the throw-lever, and the FC-2 reticle that year.