PDA

View Full Version : Imagine If You Can...

SteyrAUG
10-18-15, 02:52
...what if there was no 1968 gun control act.

All of those G3, HK and various AK "parts kits" would simply be surplus military machine guns and would have sold for about the price of your typical AR-15.

The CMP would have not only M1 Garands and M1 Carbines but M1 Thompsons and M-14s.

Everyone could have bought a Walther PPK just like James Bond had.

There would be no 1986 ban on the registration of new machine guns.

Surplus military ammo from the wars fought in the middle east since 1991 would be importable.

Home shop tinkerers like John Thompson and John Browning could still prototype new ideas and explore them. The most successful military rifle to date, the M-16/M-4 series was not the product of a government arsenal.

The NRA could spend it's vast resources teaching gun safety and promoting shooting events.

Moose-Knuckle
10-18-15, 03:08
If only our 2nd Amendment rights were not infringed upon . . .

I'd would definitely own a genuine FN FAL along with every Valmet/Sako and Galil variant ever produced. Also a modernized PKM in 7.62 NATO.

Firefly
10-18-15, 13:02
I did imagine that. I just actually did.

Now I want to go beat up a fat kid and a hippie.

BuzzinSATX
10-18-15, 13:28

A fat kid and a hippie? Why not a Liberal judge and politician?

Firefly
10-18-15, 14:03
A fat kid and a hippie? Why not a Liberal judge and politician?

Because I'm too pretty for prison showers. That's why.

SteyrAUG
10-18-15, 14:15

It's even worse when you are an SOT. Seeing a German military G3 "imported by CAI" and a Hungarian Type 3 "imported by Tennessee Arms" both selling for about $599 in perfect condition as "post samples" was an awakening.

sevenhelmet
10-18-15, 14:19
It makes me wonder, if firearms weren't such a "forbidden" object in our society, would society still be so fascinated by them, or would we simply treat them with respect, like any other piece of machinery?

If more people grew up shooting, would there be so many people who were afraid of firearms?

If more people learned proper firearm safety and realized that guns aren't inherently evil or dangerous, would they be more likely to hold people accountable for their actions, rather than an object?

If more people experienced the use of a suppressor, would they realize that they aren't super-secret ninja stealth assassin devices, rather devices which promote hearing preservation and make gun ranges better neighbors?

jpmuscle
10-18-15, 15:02
Stop steyr.... Your making me cry.

Firefly
10-18-15, 15:29
Why can't they let gun people have their guns, dopers have their dope, perverts their whorehouses, and queers their sodomy? If you shoot yourself, catch a disease, get a horrible divorce, or O.D. then that's your problem.

Looking back at old magazines of cool stuff we can no longer have makes me resentful. It's like that one Bikini Kill song where the girl keeps shouting "It's not fair!"