PDA

View Full Version : M&P 9/40 Mid

Inix
10-19-15, 14:20
Just found out today that the SD40VE mags will fit the M&P compact, which means it would probably fit the FS too. However, they would not drop free. The SD9VE mags are too small.

I wonder if someone will be able to do a 9/40 mid chop without cutting m&p mags.

Edit: Typos via phone

anachronism
10-21-15, 22:16
Wouldn't it be simpler to just buy a Shield, if you want a smaller 9 or 40 M&P?

Inix
10-21-15, 22:39
It would be simpler to buy a Shield 9, or a 45 compact. But they are both 8 rounds. It would be nice to have a similar grip length as those, except in 9/40 double stack while utilizing the full length for capacity.

For me, the 9/40 compact is just slightly too short with the pinky extension, and its completely inefficient capacity wise. I am not sure how much grip length the mec-gar +2 adds to the compact. With the mec-gar you will have to add filler and reshape it to match the M&P profile, and even then there will probably still be a gap at the rear. However, that is probably a lot more reasonable than trying to get an SD40VE mag to work in an unknown mid chop.

I wish S&W made a mid length grip between the compact and FS, with a flat baseplate.

Edit: phone typos

Inix
10-21-15, 22:46
Heck, even if they took the shield extended mag concept and applied it to the compacts, that would work.