PDA

View Full Version : Just got my AK

AFCATM
10-20-15, 22:45
So I just got myself an Arsenal SLR-107FR. Most of my experience with an AK has been stock military issue (played with a few overseas as many on this post have) and occasionally a few friends. There are some things I do not like about the platform. Here is my shopping list. I am looking at trying not to add too much weight to it. I am trying to keep bulk down too.

Blue Force gear AK sling.
Krebs Custom Wide rear notch sight.
Krebs receiver plate.
ALG trigger
Extended bolt handle
US Palm Grip
RS regulate BM-1 mount for my Sure fire X300
RMR 1 MOA adjustable LED sight (I like this more), Aimpoint T-1, or a Trijicon MRO
-I'm trying to find a mount preferably a throw lever mount that will allow my optic to co-witness with my iron sights.
A large stock pile of good mags like Mag pul Gen 3 Mags for polymer, and eastern European Steel surplus mags.
I am looking at just ordering a few spam cans too just looking to see who has the best prices.

I would appreciate any assistance you guys might have.

HighSpeedDreams
10-20-15, 22:58
You'll be very happy with the ALG. I'd put that closer to the bottom of the list.

bigghoss
10-21-15, 01:34
I widened the rear sight on mine with a triangle file, easy to do and free. Try that before you buy a new sight. Go slow and check it often until it's where you want it.

ALG trigger is so awesome. I am in love with that thing.

Get a krebs enhanced safety lever.

For an optics mount look at RS regulate. They come in separate pieces, lower half that slides on the side rail with a throw lever and gives you options where you want the optic over the dust cover, and then an upper that bolts to the lower and is specific to your optic. The parts are sold separately so you can build your perfect mount.