PDA

View Full Version : BCM's limited edition watch

C4IGrant
10-22-15, 13:59
For those that haven't seen this yet, I thought I would share. Paul (of BCM) designed this watch and even owns the tooling. So this isn't another brand of watch that they just put their name on. The pics do not do it justice. As a Rolex Explorer II and Omega Seamaster owner, this watch impressed me!

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-MK15-Tritium-Watch-Limited-Edition-p/bcm-mk15-watch.htm

C4

SilverBullet432
10-22-15, 14:07
Will be out of stock for years... I must have one

Alex V
10-22-15, 14:15
that is pretty bad ass! available in November... time to save up...

wilson1911
10-22-15, 14:24
PVD coating will wear off. If it was offered in plain stainless I might have been interested.

C4IGrant
10-22-15, 14:27
PVD coating will wear off. If it was offered in plain stainless I might have been interested.

You can always have it re-coated.

C4

SilverBullet432
10-22-15, 15:02
1 year warranty doe.... Still must have

GH41
10-22-15, 15:37

The red anodizing on the stem won't last long either. I'd pay more for a grey Ti case and band but I would have to see the 200m water resist details. It's priced right for a work watch but the 1 year warranty isn't going to help it sell.

hatidua
10-22-15, 15:50
With minimal effort, could they not have made the dial just a little bit busier?

HackerF15E
10-22-15, 15:51
Wish there was a little more about what kind of "Swiss movement" it has.

SilverBullet432
10-22-15, 15:52
Probably swatch or ETA

WillBrink
10-22-15, 15:54
The red anodizing on the stem won't last long either. I'd pay more for a grey Ti case and band but I would have to see the 200m water resist details. It's priced right for a work watch but the 1 year warranty isn't going to help it sell.

As it's sold out and well back ordered, I'd say it's a moot point on whether those issues will prevent sales. Most people really don't wear watches hard enough to wear off PVD coatings, etc. just as most don't run their AR hard enough to ever see a difference between a BCM and a shlub master. Personally, not a big fan of PVD coated watches and would prefer steel or other non coated metal. Ti is personal favorite due to weight and naturally brushed look, etc.

I'd say considering the response to this watch, and the fact BCM tends to be very responsive to customer feedback, other models may show up to fill the requests. I'd bet $$ a mechanical version not to far away.

hatidua
10-22-15, 15:54
There's more info on the watch box than the watch itself...

WillBrink
10-22-15, 15:56
Probably swatch or ETA

Swatch owns ETA i believe as they do just about every major Swiss watch brand now. For a short time they planned to stop selling ETA and only use them in Swatch owned companies, but my understanding is that idea was dropped.

SilverBullet432
10-22-15, 15:58
Wish there was a little more about what kind of "Swiss movement" it has.

Or this one:

http://www.ronda.ch/en/quartz-movements/quartz-specials/ronda-startech-5000/caliber/5040d/

SilverBullet432
10-22-15, 16:02
Swatch owns ETA i believe as they do just about every major Swiss watch brand now. For a short time they planned to stop selling ETA and only use them in Swatch owned companies, but my understanding is that idea was dropped.

The monopoly is real lol

SilverBullet432
10-22-15, 16:04
As it's sold out and well back ordered, I'd say it's a moot point on whether those issues will prevent sales. Most people really don't wear watches hard enough to wear off PVD coatings, etc. just as most don't run their AR hard enough to ever see a difference between a BCM and a shlub master. Personally, not a big fan of PVD coated watches and would prefer steel or other non coated metal. Ti is personal favorite due to weight and naturally brushed look, etc.

I'd say considering the response to this watch, and the fact BCM tends to be very responsive to customer feedback, other models may show up to fill the requests. I'd bet $$ a mechanical version not to far away.

Going back and re reading, I don't want one now. Too many better options for the money.

wilson1911
10-22-15, 16:11
Its a Ronda movement I think. This is on the lower end of the scale. A 21j ETA would have made it a much better watch.

SilverBullet432
10-22-15, 16:38
Its a Ronda movement I think. This is on the lower end of the scale. A 21j ETA would have made it a much better watch.

Could use some improvements. I just hope they didn't make these as a gimmick. But so far the components seem okay....

MountainRaven
10-22-15, 16:54

Swatch is bottlenecking the number of ETA movements sold to other companies and dropping the quality of the units that they are selling to watch makers.

So an ETA movement would make it more expensive, reduce the number of units BCM can manufacture, and it might even be a less accurate/worse/lower-quality movement to boot.

wildcard600
10-22-15, 17:12
Holy crap... people really pay that much for a watch ??

more power to you i guess.

SilverBullet432
10-22-15, 17:15
Swatch is bottlenecking the number of ETA movements sold to other companies and dropping the quality of the units that they are selling to watch makers.

So an ETA movement would make it more expensive, reduce the number of units BCM can manufacture, and it might even be a less accurate/worse/lower-quality movement to boot.

Those bastards..

10-22-15, 17:24
For what is offered, the watch is significantly overpriced. Other options that cost less and have better components.

Seems like there is a steep price attached to the BCM name.

jmp45
10-22-15, 17:50
I stopped into Grants today and took a look at the watch as well as a kmr-a. I'm not a watch connoisseur by any means but it really looked to have had a lot of attention to detail. It has some weight to it also. Size is about right, not too large or small. If my eyes were sharper at my age, I'd really be interested. My daily watch is a Sunnto Vector, I can check the time without readers.

WillBrink
10-22-15, 17:56
For what is offered, the watch is significantly overpriced. Other options that cost less and have better components.

Seems like there is a steep price attached to the BCM name.

What would your choice/recs be in the price range? I'd probably say something like Seiko Monster, but not sure it's far better either.

10-22-15, 18:01
Great minds and all that. Had the Seiko Monster in mind. Roughly the same build quality at a significantly reduced price.

What do I know? I prefer vintage Omegas.

Nightstalker865
10-22-15, 18:13

That's not expensive for a watch....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ralph
10-22-15, 18:15
I stopped into Grants today and took a look at the watch as well as a kmr-a. I'm not a watch connoisseur by any means but it really looked to have had a lot of attention to detail. It has some weight to it also. Size is about right, not too large or small. If my eyes were sharper at my age, I'd really be interested. My daily watch is a Sunnto Vector, I can check the time without readers.

JMP45..I was in there this morning as well, and had my grubby mitts on it for a minute or so, It's a nice watch, You're right, it's got some weight to it, but it is quartz.. I'm a fan of mechanical movements...My Seiko orange monster is more up my alley, I did like the bracelet that came on it, and they gave you a tool to push the pins out of the links so you could size it yourself, and there was 2 piece rubber strap, extra pins so you could install it if you wanted to change..

WillBrink
10-22-15, 18:33
Great minds and all that. Had the Seiko Monster in mind. Roughly the same build quality at a significantly reduced price.

What do I know? I prefer vintage Omegas.

But such discussions always go down the rabbit hole. What does one really get from a Rolex that can't get from a watch costing half as much? A watch's value and costs are based on more than simply materials used. On paper, from the info Grant supplied, seems a very fair price. If it was just them slapping the BCM name on a fashion watch (as other gun companies do) then it's not a great deal.

WillBrink
10-22-15, 18:35

You think $500+ expensive for a watch???! Oh my....

rushca01
10-22-15, 18:36
Meh, I would rather buy gun stuff from a gun company and watches from a watch company. In this price range I would rather own a Hamilton auto.

GotAmmo
10-22-15, 18:38
$595 for a watch??

Meh, I'll just buy another upper or lower and spend the rest on a simple G-Shock

wildcard600
10-22-15, 20:28
You think $500+ expensive for a watch???! Oh my....

Yes, i do. Unless it has some Bond gadgets built into it, six hundred dollars is a ridiculous price for a time piece that isnt made of precious metals or has some kind of handmade craftsmanship.

$595 for a watch??

Meh, I'll just buy another upper or lower and spend the rest on a simple G-Shock

This ^^^^

MountainRaven
10-22-15, 20:53
Yes, i do. Unless it has some Bond gadgets built into it, six hundred dollars is a ridiculous price for a time piece that isnt made of precious metals or has some kind of handmade craftsmanship.

Somebody who knows more about watches might correct me on this, but $595 doesn't buy you a watch with any form of precious metals or hand craftsmanship. Now, add a zero to the end of that number and you might get a little bit of the hand craftsmanship at least.

Flankenstein
10-22-15, 21:12

Ugh, people pay way more than that.

SilverBullet432
10-22-15, 21:14

This ^^^^

You ought to see Oakley watches :sarcastic:

wilson1911
10-22-15, 21:21
I own several Steinhardt watches. I think they are a good value for what you get. I have owned 2 rolex's and I would never buy one again. Omega is a nice watch tho.

I also have a wilson combat watch, it stays in the dresser....never even worn. Truth be known, I may end up buying one. Only because BCM seems to be the only company that takes the consumers into account for a lot of what they do. They have my respect.

echo5whiskey
10-22-15, 21:23
Heck, I still rock a $80 Timex

AKDoug
10-22-15, 21:23
Why does anyone even where a watch anymore?;) I'm surrounded by clocks... on my Iphone, on my laptop, on my desktop, in my Kenworth... hell the rock truck, excavator and dozer I have been running the last month all have clocks. I can totally see a need if I was in the business of working with some sort of team that time keeping was critical, but I haven't warn a watch in over ten years now.

HackerF15E
10-22-15, 21:32
The irony of people saying that the BCM watch is expensive, and that a cheaper one suits their needs perfectly well....

If there were a LAV of watches, he would call the BCM offering a "hobby watch"!

wildcard600
10-22-15, 22:09
Somebody who knows more about watches might correct me on this, but $595 doesn't buy you a watch with any form of precious metals or hand craftsmanship. Now, add a zero to the end of that number and you might get a little bit of the hand craftsmanship at least.

i realize that and my post was intentionally exagerrated, but the point still stands. how is this better than a 80 dollar g-shock or other good quality mass production watch ?

*edit*
let me ask -

If this was a DPMS watch with the same specs and price point would anyone give a shit or consider buying it ? I highly doubt it.

ChrisCross
10-23-15, 08:45
i realize that and my post was intentionally exagerrated, but the point still stands. how is this better than a 80 dollar g-shock or other good quality mass production watch ?

*edit*
let me ask -

If this was a DPMS watch with the same specs and price point would anyone give a shit or consider buying it ? I highly doubt it.

I'll put this into mostly gun terms (with minimal watch & car references) since watch terms would just muddy the water.

You have your RIA 1911's and you have your Wilson Combat 1911's
You have your Colt 6920's and you have your (Insert your definition of a $1500+ amazing AR) - Not even touching that on this board.
You have your Seiko, Timex, Casio etc. and you have your Blancpain, Patek Philippe, Vacheron Constantin, Jeager LeCoultre.

All of the first groups will go bang (or tell time) and get the job done. No frills, nothing fancy etc. they are all tools that you can buy, run hard, beat up and most people can replace easily.

The second group are the... elevated versions. They might have history, they might have innovation/cutting edge technology/parts, and ALL are better in some and/or many ways to the first group.

Some will say the second group choices aren't worth the money, or handcrafted is not as good as robotically mass produced since humans make errors. That is for each person to decide for themselves and misses the point.

Another way to put it for the gear heads - Why do people drive cars from the 40's, 50's, 60,s etc.. Technologically they are inferior, require more work, not nearly as comfortable etc.?

It's a personal thing. Driving my Altima around is ok... but driving a 1966 Shelby Cobra... that makes my soul sing even sitting in traffic.

I'll leave it at - do you see many 20 year old Timex or Casio quartz watches? I don't, but I do see 60+ year old Blancpain's and Patek's very frequently. :D

C4IGrant
10-23-15, 10:59

LOL, that is cheap for a quality watch.

C4

WillBrink
10-23-15, 11:04
LOL, that is cheap for a quality watch.

C4

It's beyond cheap. Not sure why those clearly not "watch guys" always feel the need to make such comments, as well as the other classics ("why does anyone need a watch today?" and "a Timex will do the same thing" etc) but they never fail to feel a need to make them.

ChrisCross
10-23-15, 11:15
I generally try to reason with people like that once and then chalk it up to a partial quote from Cool Hand Luke.. - "Some people you just can't reach".

brickboy240
10-23-15, 11:15
To the "watch guys" that have multiple Rolexes and Omegas...that is NOT an expensive watch at all.

I pretty much think that any watch under a grand is an inexpensive watch.

For the record...I have owned several Casios and Timexes and none have lasted 10-15 years or more. I still have my 24 year old Tag Hauer and it still looks pretty new.

From what I have experienced, you really have to spend more than 500 bucks to get a watch of decent quality. You may get a watch that is decent for less but the band or some other component will deteriorate within a few years. Usually the sub-500 dollar watches have crappy bands (like my 2 Luminoxes).

599 is NOT an expensive watch in the realm of watches....sorry.

usmcvet
10-23-15, 11:23

Paul if you are reading this I want a BCM to make a Mechanical GMT. =) I am sure it will sell well!

What would your choice/recs be in the price range? I'd probably say something like Seiko Monster, but not sure it's far better either.

Yup, my son and I each have an OM. Great watch and I bought ours used for about a hundred bucks each. They're more now but still very affordable.

Why does anyone even where a watch anymore?;) I'm surrounded by clocks... on my Iphone, on my laptop, on my desktop, in my Kenworth... hell the rock truck, excavator and dozer I have been running the last month all have clocks. I can totally see a need if I was in the business of working with some sort of team that time keeping was critical, but I haven't warn a watch in over ten years now.

I'm a watch guy, always have been. I understand those who are not. I'm frustrated by people who don't wear a watch and are always looking to me for the time or looking to their phone for the time. Time is our most precious gift.

I look at my watches like my guns. They are tools. I enjoy them but I use them. I don't care if they show wear. I don't abuse them but I don't baby them either.

GotAmmo
10-23-15, 11:26
It's beyond cheap. Not sure why those clearly not "watch guys" always feel the need to make such comments, as well as the other classics ("why does anyone need a watch today?" and "a Timex will do the same thing" etc) but they never fail to feel a need to make them.

The same way that most people on this board feel the need to make the comments on "you paid how much for that piece of junk AR"

Or in your case anything fitness & health related. So whether it be.....

Watch Guy
Gun Guy
Car Guy
Bike Guy
Shoe Guy
Clothes Guy

yada yada yada ... its conversation.. it is what it is

C4IGrant
10-23-15, 11:29

It is the same with "non-gun guys" saying that you don't need anything over (just as good) a hipoint pistol or an Oly Arms AR.

I once read that men should ONLY wear two types of jewelry. A watch and a wedding band. Both should be nice (as you can afford).

C4

nova3930
10-23-15, 12:02
If you think that's expensive for a watch go wander around Geneva or Zurich a bit. I love quality watches so I window shopped a lot while we were in Zurich a few years ago. Saw shops that didn't have anything in the window for <$10k. $400-$500 is probably what I'd consider the minimum for a watch that's acceptable for day to day wear. It's also about the maximum I can justify spending on a watch at he moment unfortunately :p

BravoCompanyUSA
10-23-15, 12:06
Thanks to everyone for their interest!

Comparing to a G-shock is apples and oranges to a watch guy.
G-Shocks are absolutely awesome watch! I have had a number of them. My first was in the 1980s as a gift from my Father when I was in the USMC. Loved it.
And yes a $50 Timex will get the job done.

This is totally different if you are a watch enthusiast. I have always appreciated different types of watches and some have Rolexs and Breitlings, etc. I have always liked the bigger, heavier, masculine types of designs, but that just personal preference. My cousin shares the same appreciation, and has worked with numerous manufactures throughout the globe since the 70’s – so we worked together to put this project together. It has taken several years and will be released shortly.

The finish is PVD and we choose that because the all black look is different and it has some symmetry with the finish from Ion Bond offered on our SS410 barrels.
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-Recce-SS410-Barrel-Mid-Length-Gas-IONBOND-p/bcm-brl-ss410-16-8-ib-bk.htm
It’s an excellent finish.
If we do another one, we were thinking brushed stainless or maybe green or tan or ?

Thanks to everyone for their interest!

Here are the specs:

Movement

Swiss Made Chronograph Movement

13 Jewels / Gold Plated

Functions

Chronograph

Center Stop Second

1/10 Seconds up to 30 Minutes

30 Minute Counter

10 Hour Counter

Add and Split Functions

Small Second

Date

Case

Stainless Steel 316L PVD Brushed Black

Case size: 45mm x 52mm x 15mm

Anodized RED Screw in Crown

Bezel

Stainless Steel 316L PVD Brushed Black

Bezel size: 45mm

Number and Markings are Laser Engraved

Unidirectional, Ratcheted

Case Back

Stainless Steel

Attachment: Screwed In

Laser Engraved: Gunfighter Edition, MK15 Mod 0, 000/2,500, Swiss Movement, 20ATM (660ft) Water Resistant, Stainless Steel, MB Microtech T25.

Face

Real Carbon Fiber Dial with Enamel Coating

Bands (2)

24mm Stainless Steel 316L PVD Brushed Black with Double-Locking Fold-Over Clasp

24mm Rubber Divers Watch Band

Crystal

Sapphire Scratch Resistant Crystal

2 Layers of Anti Reflecting Coating Applied to the Inside of the Crystal

Weight

Including Steel Band: 232 grams

Including Rubber Divers Band: 128 grams

Water Resistant

20ATM (200 meter / 656 feet)

Tritium Illumination

T25 Tritium Illumination

15 Tritium Tubes for Incredible Illumination

Colors for Tritium is Green Except for the Number 12 which is Orange

Battery

Life: 4 Years

Model: 395

Watch Band Tool & Extra Pins

Red Anodized Multi Tool for Removal of Band and Links

Clear Bottle with Extra Watch Band Pins

Gun Case Watch Box

Injection Molded Glass Fiber Reinforced Case

Air Pressure Release Valve

Custom Die Cut Foam Insert

Rubber Non Slip Handle and Feet

Metal BCM® Engraved Plate on Lid of Watch Box

Limited Edition

Each Watch is Engraved Numbered as per the Limited Edition, 0/2500

Warranty

1 year from Date of Purchase

Thanks for reading !!

wilson1911
10-23-15, 13:06
Have you wear tested the PVD coating and red crown ?

BravoCompanyUSA
10-23-15, 13:19
Have you wear tested the PVD coating and red crown ?

Hi Wilson1911,

The PVD coating on our barrels, and some of my personal custom watches is very resilient.
We have not specifically conducted wear testing, other than I and others have been wearing a prototype for about a year and it looks great !

You stated you preferred stainless steel on the first page of the thread. Actually next prototype is to be a brushed stainless finish :), will keep you updated!

wilson1911
10-23-15, 14:04
Would you mind taking a pic of your watch and post it ? I have a pvd watch and would not buy another due to it wearing off, granted its a work watch, so not that big of a deal I have others. I do like the red crown tho. What I really want is a mechanical watch in stainless. Do you have a time frame for these ?

As always BCM rocks !!!

nova3930
10-23-15, 19:18
I'm totally in on a brushed stainless bcm chronograph.

Outlander Systems
10-23-15, 19:29
Usually if the band ain't rubber or nylon, I ain't interested.

But that is freakin' SICK! Classy 'n Dangerous. I dig it.

BravoCompanyUSA
10-24-15, 08:41
Would you mind taking a pic of your watch and post it ? I have a pvd watch and would not buy another due to it wearing off, granted its a work watch, so not that big of a deal I have others. I do like the red crown tho. What I really want is a mechanical watch in stainless. Do you have a time frame for these ?

As always BCM rocks !!!

Thanks Wilson1911 !

Here is a picture of the wear on the prototype watch (you will notice some changes from this model to the production).
It was called a MK14 at that time as the year was 2014 :-) The production watch is a Mk15 since the project went into production in 2015.

I have worn this every day, 24 hours a day. I was purposely much much harder on this than I would be for a watch that I bought to keep. I never took it off, no matter what the activity. Because if something was going to fall apart I wanted to see it now.
It was worn through every shower, every dip in salt water pool, every time I was laying on the concrete working on a car or vintage motorcycle, every time I was wrenching a prototype rifle on the workbench, basically any hard type use in my normal daily activity. I have smashed it up against tool cabinets, engine blocks, etc. --- as you will see in the pics below.

In this pic below you can see the impact into the bezel just to the right of "50". I must of impacted it against something, but have done it so many times I can't remember which one dealt the blow :)
The bezel on this prototype is gloss black, and that was changed to matte black for production, and I think most will agree the matte bezel in production looks better.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/Watch%20prototype/IMG_1314_zpsjjotn1m3.jpg

The picture below is obviously the stainless back of the watch. It was a prototype, so it was titled Mk14. Serial number #0. The top and bottom adjustment knobs were left stainless. That was changed for the production to be black. For this watch I think the black knobs look better. I did not notice this yesterday even with my readers. But I did notice it when I had a 5X actual size picture on my desktop screen, but you can see the starting of wear on the center red knob. I guess when looking at a Stainless finish vs some type of plating; plating can wear over time, while stainless has nothing to wear off.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/Watch%20prototype/IMG_1318_zpsa25yu3ys.jpg

Here is a picture of the top of the watch. The PVD has held up quite well. However please note regarding these pics; the case and bezel PVD is 1 year of wear, the band in this pic has one been on this prototype for 2 months. The original band has a link get loose, so I put on the rubber band. We changed the spec on the linked band to have some thread locker on the links (for production), so I finally put the new sample band on about 2 months ago. I expect the clasp portion will get beat up overtime if I keep wearing it under less than idea circumstances (link crawling under a car, or wrenching on stuff), I know because I worn my Stainless Submariner through a couple rifle classes and the stainless band and clasp got a beating.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/Watch%20prototype/IMG_1317_zpssu5eihwj.jpg

Anyways, I hope this info helps a bit. Please don't hold this cell phone pics of a beat on prototype against me. The production versions have what I think is improved styling (bezel and knobs), and won't look like they were beat up :-)

The next design we were thinking about is probably going to be a stainless model. We were playing with the traditional stainless and black, or stainless and dark blue (just to be a bit different).
When we made the tooling for the case, we modeled it after the Brietling Avenger (in basic size and shape), as I always liked the styling on those. So the case design can take a mechanical movement, but no decision has been made if we are going to go that way. I guess my hesitation is that could take the price up even more for a rifle company inspired design, and generally quartz movements are boringly reliable. But we are looking at it.

This watch wasn't designed to wear on a SOCOM mission in BDUs or even daily wear working as a mechanic, I would go G-shock type for that for sure. This was styling the would look cool on the days wearing your Service Charlies uniform, a business suit, or maybe cargo pants and a polo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/Watch%20prototype/BCM%20Watch%20with%20Reflection_zpsktwxlpep.jpg

Thanks for your interest !!!

WillBrink
10-24-15, 08:45
Thanks Wilson1911 !

Ok here goes.

Here is a picture of the wear on the prototype watch (you will notice some changes from this model to the production).
It was called a MK14 at that time as the year was 2014 :-) The production watch is a Mk15 since the project went into production in 2015.

I have worn this every day, 24 hours a day. I was purposely much much harder on this than I would be for a watch that I bought to keep. I never took it off, no matter what the activity. Because if something was going to fall apart I wanted to see it now.
It was worn through every shower, every dip in salt water pool, every time I was laying on the concrete working on a car or vintage motorcycle, every time I was wrenching a prototype rifle on the workbench, basically any hard type use in my normal daily activity. I have smashed it up against tool cabinets, engine blocks, etc. --- as you will see in the pics below.

In this pic below you can see the impact into the bezel just to the right of "50". I must of impacted it against something, but have done it so many times I can't remember which one dealt the blow :)
The bezel on this prototype is gloss black, and that was changed to matte black for production, and I think most will agree the matte bezel in production looks better.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/Watch%20prototype/IMG_1314_zpsjjotn1m3.jpg

These pics you posted are much better than what's on the web site which don't do it justice even if it's not the exact model that went to production. As you're already back ordered, does not appear to have hurt sales one bit. What was the thought on starting out with a chrono?

BravoCompanyUSA
10-24-15, 09:04
They say out of stock, because it hasn't been released yet.... but soon :-)

The chrono was just a feature choice. Just liked the way it looked.

WillBrink
10-24-15, 09:41
They say out of stock, because it hasn't been released yet.... but soon :-)

Ah, my bad. Thought they were already selling and were sold out. From what I'm seeing and Grant posted for intel, seems a solid deal.

The chrono was just a feature choice. Just liked the way it looked.

I like chronos too. Here's my JLC:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/willbrink/DSC06356.jpg (http://s23.photobucket.com/user/willbrink/media/DSC06356.jpg.html)

BravoCompanyUSA
10-24-15, 09:57
Ah, my bad. Thought they were already selling and were sold out. From what I'm seeing and Grant posted for intel, seems a solid deal.

I like chronos too. Here's my JLC:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/willbrink/DSC06356.jpg (http://s23.photobucket.com/user/willbrink/media/DSC06356.jpg.html)

WOW !! That is awesome!
Really like the two tone case/bad and knob styling.

WillBrink
10-24-15, 10:04
WOW !! That is awesome!

Thanx. The JLC Master Compressor Dive watch is the finest chrono dive watch on the planet. I like dive watches and I like chronos, so when that came out, I had to have it. I actually like it more and more as time goes on, unlike some watches where the "wow" factor wears off. Not so (for me) with this one. Looks even better on the wrist. Case is grade 5 Ti so it's light too.

Your watch actually reminds me a bit of the JLC Master Compressor Chronograph which is just a tad more expensive:

BravoCompanyUSA
10-24-15, 10:52
Thanx. The JLC Master Compressor Dive watch is the finest chrono dive watch on the planet. I like dive watches and I like chronos, so when that came out, I had to have it. I actually like it more and more as time goes on, unlike some watches where the "wow" factor wears off. Not so (for me) with this one. Looks even better on the wrist. Case is grade 5 Ti so it's light too.

Your watch actually reminds me a bit of the JLC Master Compressor Chronograph which is just a tad more expensive:

Mine from another angle:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/willbrink/DSC06358.jpg (http://s23.photobucket.com/user/willbrink/media/DSC06358.jpg.html)

Agree 100%, that is really well done.

Yes, just a tad more expensive, LOL

wilson1911
10-24-15, 14:50
Do you have the original watch band ? I would like to see a pic of the underside of the band and from the side length way. This is where all the PVD will come off.

What was the release date I forgot ????

SilverBullet432
10-25-15, 21:44

Mine from another angle:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/willbrink/DSC06358.jpg (http://s23.photobucket.com/user/willbrink/media/DSC06358.jpg.html)

That is a piece right there!!

Wake27
10-26-15, 01:48
I've never understood the desire for a traditional watch in any capacity except formal or semi-formal attire. Can someone enlighten me?

MountainRaven
10-26-15, 02:25
I've never understood the desire for a traditional watch in any capacity except formal or semi-formal attire. Can someone enlighten me?

You've never met anyone who likes 1911s or old Mustangs and HEMI Chargers?

ramairthree
10-26-15, 05:00

Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc.

Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material.

Basic timing, such as how long you were under water, how long you swam a certain azimuth, etc. required a timing bezel.

The luminous also came in handy in pitch black conditions to get the guy behind you heading your way silently when your lens attic compass was not out.

It needed to be done by something that withstood harsh conditions while other people's watches could be non luminous, non water proof, without bezels since working in their flower or antique shop did not require it.

These needs were met by a Rolex Sub, Omega Seamaster, or Seiko diver. Costs were similar in the 60s.

It was also nice to know the day or even day and date during several days or week long patrols, and hazy, repetetive days of going out on ops night after night, etc.

Sometimes you wanted to know the times stateside or elsewhere, and GMT hands or bezels were placed on some models. Some guys needed more accurate timing than a bezel, and multi complication dials for chronograph function came about.
Some guys needed to know speeds, fuel consumption, or do math, and other bezels, even slide rule capability, came about.
Some of these little watches even had mechanical alrms that could be set. A literal miniature alarm clock on your wrist.

By the 80s, the price differences had grown a lot, and Seikos became a lot more commonly seen.

As time went on, NODS, GPS, dive computers, calculators, smart phones, have came to be, and made some of the functions less needed.

Many functions such as stop watches, time zones, alarms, timers, calculators, altimeters, etc. came with digital watch choices, at low price points, and mechanical watches became less common.

Some people still work where you cannot take a cell phone or have a calendar handy or are on the move and a watch is needed.

While mechanical watches may not be cutting edge, some find them to be very interesting, fantastic, items.

They are a choice like using a Randall knife, driving a vintage muscle car, shooting a metal pistol with a hammer, and only having sex with women that some of us appreciate, enjoy, have always done, and don't plan on changing.

jpmuscle
10-26-15, 05:04
Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc.

Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material.

Basic timing, such as how long you were under water, how long you swam a certain azimuth, etc. required a timing bezel.

The luminous also came in handy in pitch black conditions to get the guy behind you heading your way silently when your lens attic compass was not out.

It needed to be done by something that withstood harsh conditions while other people's watches could be non luminous, non water proof, without bezels since working in their flower or antique shop did not require it.

These needs were met by a Rolex Sub, Omega Seamaster, or Seiko diver. Costs were similar in the 60s.

It was also nice to know the day or even day and date during several days or week long patrols, and hazy, repetetive days of going out on ops night after night, etc.

Sometimes you wanted to know the times stateside or elsewhere, and GMT hands or bezels were placed on some models. Some guys needed more accurate timing than a bezel, and multi complication dials for chronograph function came about.
Some guys needed to know speeds, fuel consumption, or do math, and other bezels, even slide rule capability, came about.
Some of these little watches even had mechanical alrms that could be set. A literal miniature alarm clock on your wrist.

By the 80s, the price differences had grown a lot, and Seikos became a lot more commonly seen.

As time went on, NODS, GPS, dive computers, calculators, smart phones, have came to be, and made some of the functions less needed.

Many functions such as stop watches, time zones, alarms, timers, calculators, altimeters, etc. came with digital watch choices, at low price points, and mechanical watches became less common.

Some people still work where you cannot take a cell phone or have a calendar handy or are on the move and a watch is needed.

While mechanical watches may not be cutting edge, some find them to be very interesting, fantastic, items.

They are a choice like using a Randall knife, driving a vintage muscle car, shooting a metal pistol with a hammer, and only having sex with women that some of us appreciate, enjoy, have always done, and don't plan on changing.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/26/40459ef97c2297c6450bd90f70d70887.jpg

BBossman
10-26-15, 05:32
$595 for a watch??

I don't know, I just forced to put a new battery in my Mudman... after 7 years.

WillBrink
10-26-15, 06:53
That is a piece right there!!

Indeed. I hope it inspires Paul for the next BCM model!

WillBrink
10-26-15, 07:06

People like nice things. Things with history, heritage, craftsmanship, materials, etc.

Voodoo_Man
10-26-15, 08:13
People like nice things. Things with history, heritage, craftsmanship, materials, etc.

Also style, though everything weighs equally.

R0CKETMAN
10-26-15, 09:02

Red ano will fade, but is quite wear resistant, especially on a minimal wear area such as the stem.

The finish is PVD and we choose that because the all black look is different and it has some symmetry with the finish from Ion Bond offered on our SS410 barrels.
Thanks for reading !!

Hi Wilson1911,

The PVD coating on our barrels, and some of my personal custom watches is very resilient.
We have not specifically conducted wear testing, other than I and others have been wearing a prototype for about a year and it looks great !

You stated you preferred stainless steel on the first page of the thread. Actually next prototype is to be a brushed stainless finish :), will keep you updated!

Looks great

Priced very fair

No way I'd own it due to the bracelet / case finish. The brushed SS is going to be the ticket..

edit: bet it would look great with a resin band.

nova3930
10-26-15, 09:07

I just like to know what time it is without pulling the damn phone out of my pocket.....

WillBrink
10-26-15, 09:27
I just like to know what time it is without pulling the damn phone out of my pocket.....

Phones can get lost, break, etc. Personally, I feel a watch is part of my EDC and knowing the time, and other potentially useful intel time/timing can give, I never leave home not wearing a watch.

Many of your BTDT types view a watch as part of essential EDC kit.

Whether a fancy watch or inexpensive watch a matter of personal preference. The SEALs were issues a Rolex for many years not because they were so pretty, but because they were damn tough and passed all tests that others of the time did not... Many a SEAL lamented that going away, but times change and tough cheap watches were getting made (I believe they get a G Shock now), and it was decided that $$ was better spent on other kit than Rolex watches.

usmcvet
10-26-15, 09:56

It's clearly a personal choice. I look at my watch countless times a day. I feel naked with out it. I need to know what time it is and having a watch strapped to my wrist is the easiest way for me to keep track of the time. I use the date at least once a day then tend to remember the date. The day of the week is not as important to me but it's a nice addition.

I would rather have a 12 hour GMT bezel on this watch and will try to find someone who is making them. When I was a young Marine I liked having the GMT bezel on my watch and set it for home so I could tell at a glance what time it was there. I did not need it like a pilot would but I wanted it.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/JDD_zpsnaye10sw.jpg (http://s859.photobucket.com/user/usmcvet0331/media/JDD_zpsnaye10sw.jpg.html)

ramairthree you win the internet today! Awesome post.

brickboy240
10-26-15, 10:20
At 600 bucks...that is not a bad price for the quality of what you are getting...I don't see why so many think that price is out of line.

When my Luminox craps out...I wil be looking at one of those. They seem really nice.

The younger people are never going to "get" the watch thing, as their generation rarely wears watches at all.

SilverBullet432
10-26-15, 10:33
At 600 bucks...that is not a bad price for the quality of what you are getting...I don't see why so many think that price is out of line.

When my Luminox craps out...I wil be looking at one of those. They seem really nice.

The younger people are never going to "get" the watch thing, as their generation rarely wears watches at all.

I object, I own several swiss watches. There's a luminox on my wrist right now, I have a few automatics too, and im 22...

brickboy240
10-26-15, 11:14
You are the exception..not the rule.

Most people I know under 30 never wear a watch.

Tzook
10-26-15, 11:20
As a "watch guy" (well under 30!) why the hell would I want a 500+ dollar watch that isn't mechanical, from a company that doesn't make watches? Hard pass. I'm a total BCM fanboy too, but this is just dumb.

usmcvet
10-26-15, 11:25
As a "watch guy" (well under 30!) why the hell would I want a 500+ dollar watch that isn't mechanical, from a company that doesn't make watches? Hard pass. I'm a total BCM fanboy too, but this is just dumb.

I don't want this watch either. The resale value will not be strong in the "Watch" community but in the gun community it will. BCM owns the tooling so this is not just another watching being re branded with BCM's logo. That's a huge plus in my opinion. It's already sold out and I am sure the next batch will sell out too. Paul's a smart business man. This is a good move for BCM.

brickboy240
10-26-15, 11:34
Most people that buy a 600 dollar watch like this are not worried about how much they can sell it for years later. That is for the Rolex buyers.

These watches will be used and probably beat on...not treated like grandad's pristine Model T and only taken out on sunny Saturdays and them back in the garage after a few hours. LOL

WillBrink
10-26-15, 12:07

As a (reformed) watch guy I don't agree. If it was the typical route of simply slapping their name on a watch (fashion watch syndrome) made for them to say they have a watch, I'd fully agree and avoid it. That they are fully involved with its production (see OP via Grant) and the owners "watch guys" I see no reason to avoid it - if the look appeals - and it's a reasonable price for what's offered and I'd bet profit margins are minimal on it.

WillBrink
10-26-15, 12:09
Most people that buy a 600 dollar watch like this are not worried about how much they can sell it for years later. That is for the Rolex buyers.

These watches will be used and probably beat on...not treated like grandad's pristine Model T and only taken out on sunny Saturdays and them back in the garage after a few hours. LOL

Anyone purchasing a $600 watch with thoughts of it's resale value (1) does not know chit about watches (2) is not a "watch guy"

nova3930
10-26-15, 13:47
Paul's a smart business man. This is a good move for BCM.

Yerp. First you build the brand...then you expand the brand. Before you know it you're sitting pretty with your own business empire underneath you....

nova3930
10-26-15, 13:48
Anyone purchasing a $600 watch with thoughts of it's resale value (1) does not know chit about watches (2) is not a "watch guy"

IMO watches are like guns...the word "sell" just doesn't go in the same sentence with them....

C4IGrant
10-26-15, 13:49

Funny, I had the exact opposite opinion. "How cool is it to see a GUN GUY like Paul put his efforts into a watch!" This watch will be replacing my Rolex as my daily.

C4

MountainRaven
10-26-15, 13:53
Can we stop talking about this watch already? I really don't need to spend $600 on it. :P

I don't want this watch either. The resale value will not be strong in the "Watch" community but in the gun community it will. BCM ownes the tooling so this is not just another watching being re branded with BCM's logo. That's a huge plus in my opinion. It's already sold out and I am sure the next batch will sell out too. Paul's a smart business man. This is a good move for BCM.

I don't believe they're sold out. I believe that they're not yet in stock.

WillBrink
10-26-15, 13:59
IMO watches are like guns...the word "sell" just doesn't go in the same sentence with them....

Depends on the watch. I have purchased/sold many over the years.

nova3930
10-26-15, 14:12
Depends on the watch. I have purchased/sold many over the years.

I think of them like this. Even if I'm no longer fond enough of it to wear/shoot a lot, maybe my sons will be when they get old enough. :)

Tzook
10-26-15, 14:20
As a (reformed) watch guy I don't agree. If it was the typical route of simply slapping their name on a watch (fashion watch syndrome) made for them to say they have a watch, I'd fully agree and avoid it. That they are fully involved with its production (see OP via Grant) and the owners "watch guys" I see no reason to avoid it - if the look appeals - and it's a reasonable price for what's offered and I'd bet profit margins are minimal on it.

I should have clarified. I don't think this is a dumb business move. BCM will make a killing off of this I'm sure. What I meant was, I wouldn't wear this watch. I wouldn't buy a gun that rolex made, and I don't want a watch that BCM makes.

I am different than most though, while I mostly wear divers, I really am only interested in mechanical watches with classic looks. The "tactical" look doesn't really do it for me.

WillBrink
10-26-15, 14:28
I think of them like this. Even if I'm no longer fond enough of it to wear/shoot a lot, maybe my sons will be when they get old enough. :)

All depends I supposed. I sold watches at a profit to buy some other watch I wanted, or just didn't like a watch as much as I thought I would, etc. I don't do that any more being "reformed" and kept all but two. My daily wear (a 25 year old Tag F1 chrono still ticking strong) and the JLC posted in this thread, because I couldn't stand to part with it.

WillBrink
10-26-15, 14:35
I should have clarified. I don't think this is a dumb business move. BCM will make a killing off of this I'm sure. What I meant was, I wouldn't wear this watch. I wouldn't buy a gun that rolex made, and I don't want a watch that BCM makes.

I am different than most though, while I mostly wear divers, I really am only interested in mechanical watches with classic looks. The "tactical" look doesn't really do it for me.

If it does not visually appeal, makes sense. I too am a dive watch fan, and lean toward mechanical divers myself (see my JLC dive posted in prior thread). Not a huge fan of the PVD coating, but understand the reason they did it. To your comparison however, if the CEO of Rolex was a gun guy and decided Rolex should make an AR, and they got the right people involved in the production, etc, and it was price competitive, yup, I'd e interested in a Rolex AR enough to consider it myself.

It does happen. One of the strangest was Tag watch company teamed up with Mclaren racing to make high end audio equipment called Tagmclaren. What did either of them know about high end audio? Not much, but the CEO was an audiophile and hired some of the best people in the biz to design it. The result was some of the best high end audio stuff on the planet.

I have some of it in my rack and it's just killer stuff.

My vote for next BCM model: a brushed steel diver with a decent mechanical movement for around 1K.

Hear that Paul?! :dirol:

Eurodriver
10-26-15, 14:39
New sig material.

wilson1911
10-26-15, 14:45
There are 3 things a man can do to set himself apart from the rest of the herd. A watch, grooming, and cologne. Old school ? maybe, but its a timeless classic for any man. Other men may notice this about you, but it's the women who notice even more.

I am a bit critical on the pvd, only because I have one already and am not too happy about having to recoat a watch. Maybe the anodizing will wear a bit also, but it is a cool factor and different than most.
what I do appreciate, is that Paul did his own tooling and design. It's not a rebrand like the wilson combat(xmas present) I have. I am not that big on chrono's either, so it is a bit of a departure from all my mechanical only philosophy. If you rotate watches, you are always setting them.

If you had your own company and were worth millions, who is a watch guy. What would you do ? Most would just go buy an expensive watch. Or just do a rebrand and make a few bucks for the company. Paul spent his own time and money for something to give back to the shooting community. It will never be the Rolex that most men buy for status Rather, just the opposite. If you consider Paul and his company to be a cut above in terms of quality, products,service, and philosophy. Then you may well find yourself wearing one.

BCM=Respect

So, since I just talked myself into buying one. How about a group buy type of thing for m4c members ?? Not in terms of price, but serial number range.

BravoCompanyUSA
10-26-15, 15:44
Do you have the original watch band ? I would like to see a pic of the underside of the band and from the side length way. This is where all the PVD will come off.

What was the release date I forgot ????

Sorry this reply took so long, but this took a bit of back and forth coordination.
I don't have my original band. I gave it back to my cousin. He is not sure of the location (it was almost a year ago). However he worn a metal band for first 2 months before he swapped over to the rubber band. So I asked him to photo his band. (photos below) Its not really showing much wear. I am also guessing he was not purposely hard on the watch like I was. I wish I had a better example to quantify the expected wear over time.

(note: original prototype did not have Star logo on clasp)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/Watch%20prototype/2%20month_zpsyonoe1pj.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/Watch%20prototype/2%20month%204_zpswlzjrffl.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/Watch%20prototype/2%20month%203_zpsj2450wj6.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/Watch%20prototype/2%20month%202_zpsvra0u0vk.jpg

One of the guys here at BCM has a Breitling Avenger (custom applied PVD), and it has scratched off on the clasp. He admits he was hard on it. Its not really worn, but it is silver where the band was heavily scratched.

We wanted to start with a PVD watch because of two reasons; The symmetry with the finish on our stainless barrels, and PVD offered probably the best method to plate for a metal black watch. - And we thought we would start with black as we are in the black rifle industry :-). Its also why we did tritium too.
If we do a next one, silver stainless is already on the drawing board.

This was a fun and unique project to develop. Hoping that black rifle fans who are also watch guys agree :-)

Thanks!!
Paul

sevenhelmet
10-26-15, 15:46
I think it's cool, but I'm probably not going to pay for one. My guess is they'll be sold out in 2 days or less.

BravoCompanyUSA
10-26-15, 15:56
I think it's cool, but I'm probably not going to pay for one. My guess is they'll be sold out in 2 days or less.

Thanks for the vote of confidence !
But my guess is much much longer. This is a niche product just for us rifle and watch guys. Thanks!!

BravoCompanyUSA
10-26-15, 15:58
There are 3 things a man can do to set himself apart from the rest of the herd. A watch, grooming, and cologne. Old school ? maybe, but its a timeless classic for any man. Other men may notice this about you, but it's the women who notice even more.

I am a bit critical on the pvd, only because I have one already and am not too happy about having to recoat a watch. Maybe the anodizing will wear a bit also, but it is a cool factor and different than most.
what I do appreciate, is that Paul did his own tooling and design. It's not a rebrand like the wilson combat(xmas present) I have. I am not that big on chrono's either, so it is a bit of a departure from all my mechanical only philosophy. If you rotate watches, you are always setting them.

If you had your own company and were worth millions, who is a watch guy. What would you do ? Most would just go buy an expensive watch. Or just do a rebrand and make a few bucks for the company. Paul spent his own time and money for something to give back to the shooting community. It will never be the Rolex that most men buy for status Rather, just the opposite. If you consider Paul and his company to be a cut above in terms of quality, products,service, and philosophy. Then you may well find yourself wearing one.

BCM=Respect

So, since I just talked myself into buying one. How about a group buy type of thing for m4c members ?? Not in terms of price, but serial number range.

Thank you for the kind words. We will continue working very hard to live up to them!

How about this? I will notify and bump this thread just before they go online. Then all the watch folks in this thread have notice on the soft launch and can get lower serial numbers ?

Thanks again!

EDITED TO ADD: Here is the sign up for email notification link:http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Email_Me_When_Back_In_Stock.asp?ProductCode=BCM%2DMK15%2DWATCH, for those who want a lower SN.

Wake27
10-26-15, 17:04
Ok I was asking why not a digital watch, not why a watch at all. I wear a watch every day but if I'm in uniform or working out, it's a Casio Pathfinder. Otherwise I have a Citizen for the style aspect.

usmcvet
10-26-15, 18:26
My vote for next BCM model: a brushed steel diver with a decent mechanical movement for around 1K.

Hear that Paul?! :dirol: I like the idea too!

New sig material. Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post

Yeah I'm stealing it now!

R0CKETMAN
10-26-15, 19:27
he swapped over to the rubber band
Paul

how does it look with the resin band?...I'm thinking nice

BravoCompanyUSA
10-27-15, 08:47
how does it look with the resin band?...I'm thinking nice

Will work on getting pick.
And its real rubber for the optional diver band. Almost double the cost of regular resin type.

Thanks!

BravoCompanyUSA
10-27-15, 08:48
Soft launch of watches coming later today, before lunch.
Full press release coming in about a week.

Thanks!

usmcvet
10-27-15, 12:40
Soft launch of watches coming later today, before lunch.
Full press release coming in about a week.

Thanks!

Just got the email. Buy 'em up guys. http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-MK15-Tritium-Watch-Limited-Edition-p/bcm-mk15-watch.htm

sevenhelmet
10-27-15, 14:23
Damn. Wish I could afford it...

usmcvet
10-27-15, 20:08

There are many guns and watches I wish I still owned. There are only a few I'd never sell. My first gun a Marlin Mod 60 in .22. Not worth much with much but with sentimental value. The Glycine Airman my folks bought me for HS Graduation is the watch I wore during the Gumf War in 1990. I wouldn't sell that either. There are just as many I don't miss at all. I look at them as tools and assets. I've sold them for all kinds of reasons. Several guns and one watch have been sold to buy heating oil. "Flipping Watches" is often done and a great way to get into the hobby. People sell watches in great condition at great prices. Often to fund a purchase or because they are bored with the watch. Check out watchrecon.com

BravoCompanyUSA
10-28-15, 06:45
Wilson1911,

Please empty your IM. Trying to reply but inbox is full.

Thanks!
Paul

Eurodriver
10-28-15, 06:52
What's the deal with the resin band?

I thought the price would be much higher, actually. I might be snagging one...damnit...

Alex V
10-28-15, 07:12
Oh man, I want this so much. Wife needs to finish school and get back to work!

brickboy240
10-28-15, 10:58
I wonder how well that black finish will stay on that watch. It is a very nice looking piece...I really like it's looks.

But...after the dismal durability of the finish on my Chasse Durer Special Forces watch - I am leery of buying a metal watch that is not just stainless. The CD was around 850 and you'd think with a name like "Special Forces" the finish would be somewhat durable but nope.

wilson1911
10-28-15, 15:00
Wilson1911,

Please empty your IM. Trying to reply but inbox is full.

Thanks!
Paul

empty as can be now.

MountainRaven
11-09-15, 15:35
Question (and maybe I missed it): Where are these watches being made/assembled? In the USA?

khc3
11-09-15, 18:18
I wonder how well that black finish will stay on that watch. It is a very nice looking piece...I really like it's looks.

But...after the dismal durability of the finish on my Chasse Durer Special Forces watch - I am leery of buying a metal watch that is not just stainless. The CD was around 850 and you'd think with a name like "Special Forces" the finish would be somewhat durable but nope.

I have a Steinhart Ocean One DLC, and the black has a little bit of wear on the sharp edges of the bezel but none on the case itself. This is after about 1.5 years of daily wear. If done right, it seems to be very durable.

khc3
11-09-15, 18:25
WOW !! That is awesome!

Yeah, that is beyond nice.

wilson1911
11-10-15, 02:57
It's my Steinhardt DLC that is wearing off. I kind of swore off any coatings on watches after that. I did buy it for a work watch tho. It gets exp residue, brake and contact cleaner on it. I still like the watch, its just a bit shiny on the edges of the band.

But on a good note...............the BCM watch is rockin my wrist now. I just had it fitted yesterday. The DLC on it looks to be much different. The band is much better than whats on a Steinhardt and the case feels like it was machined from 10 lbs of steel, very heavy. It would seem BCM spent lots of time creating this. Initial impressions are good.

panzerr
12-31-15, 15:21
Thanks for the vote of confidence !
But my guess is much much longer. This is a niche product just for us rifle and watch guys. Thanks!!

Beautiful watch! I have thought about pulling the trigger on it a few times, but am having a tough time committing. My main hang-up is this: where the heck would I get it serviced? What if one of the knobs falls off? Am I SOL? It's a great watch and should be worn, not set aside like a safe queen!

C4IGrant
12-31-15, 15:24
Beautiful watch! I have thought about pulling the trigger on it a few times, but am having a tough time committing. My main hang-up is this: where the heck would I get it serviced? What if one of the knobs falls off? Am I SOL? It's a great watch and should be worn, not set aside like a safe queen!

Anywhere would service it (just had a convo with Paul about that today). The internals are very popular (well thought of). So any professional watch repair shop will be comfortable with what they see.

C4

MountainRaven
12-31-15, 21:09
So nobody knows where these are being assembled?

panzerr
01-01-16, 07:56
Anywhere would service it (just had a convo with Paul about that today). The internals are very popular (well thought of). So any professional watch repair shop will be comfortable with what they see.

C4

I'm thinking spare parts wise...that's my only reservation.

I don't get what all the push-back with BCM putting out a watch is about. Gun guys tend to be knife guys tend to be watch guys. It makes perfect sense.

WillBrink
01-01-16, 08:25
I'm thinking spare parts wise...that's my only reservation.

Why? Movement is well known and popular, so parts will be easy to find and the case, etc made by BCM so they'd have that covered. It's a battery powered quartz movement which is likely to last longer than you do unless you really beat on it and as that price point, good for that too. If we were talking about some uber expensive hand made automatic movement, I could see the concern.