PDA

View Full Version : How do I get feed back on an AR15 product coming to market soon?

Viper5
10-23-15, 08:12
Hello Everyone,

A friend of mine who I was in the same unit with shortly after I got back from Afghanistan a few years ago has started a company that is manufacturing an aftermarket AR15 product. I will not disclose the information on the company or product on this thread.

I am not an owner in the company but I want to see him succeed. I would like to post some product highlights and explain the part and solicit some general feedback from all of you. However, can someone please tell me how best to pursue this without being in violation of the forum rules?

Thank you in advance for your help!

polydeuces
10-23-15, 08:39
-read'forum rules,
-Contact mods directly.
Afaik no one will frown upon a straight up review-less be it an outright sales pitch.

Viper5
10-23-15, 09:18
Ok, thanks. It is not a review or a sales pitch. it is details of a product that I want to solicit feedback on. I don't own the company, but I want to see it succeed.

GH41
10-23-15, 13:22
I wish your friend the best with his creation but from what I have seen of it I believe his battle will be uphill.

Viper5
10-23-15, 13:34
I am still waiting for response on how I can post details on the product and get feedback.

Leaveammoforme
10-23-15, 13:48
Assuming your friend has some kind of protection in place from someone stealing his idea, post away with full disclosure.

However, I will warn you that this forum will not pull any punches with regards to janky equipment.

Seeing how you just joined seems suspicious on your motives also. I understand wanting to help a bud out but, we're not the kind of forum that enjoys fly by plugging.

I'm sure we're all anxious to hear about it if it's worth our time. Not trying to sound coarse or confrontational, just laying it out there.

Read the FAQ's and go from there.

Viper5
10-23-15, 14:04
Thank you. I will post in a separate thread some details. It will not be an advertisement, but we would like to get an idea of initial criticism and make any potential adjustments. Obviously seeing some good feed back would be great too.

Viper5
10-23-15, 14:26
Here is the thread.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?175426-Folding-Stock-Adapter-Kit-for-AR15-can-fire-repeatedly-while-stock-is-folded