PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell trs-32 red dot

Slwrthnu
10-26-15, 06:53
Anyone here have any experience with these? Picked one up the other day to slap on my old lady's set up. I've read some good and some bad reviews, seems more positive than negative though.

Just looking to see what you guys thought.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

HardToHandle
10-26-15, 20:04
Anyone here have any experience with these? Picked one up the other day to slap on my old lady's set up. I've read some good and some bad reviews, seems more positive than negative though.

Bought one and was very impressed with the lens clarity, light transfer and dot sharpness. I was wowed.
Bought another a year later and it was... Chinese. Poor optical quality and a rough glue job around the emitter. I figure I got what I paid for.

When you can buy one for twenty percent of an Aimpoint, it seems fine for a plinker.

Slwrthnu
10-26-15, 20:08
Bought one and was very impressed with the lens clarity, light transfer and dot sharpness. I was wowed.
Bought another a year later and it was... Chinese. Poor optical quality and a rough glue job around the emitter. I figure I got what I paid for.

When you can buy one for twenty percent of an Aimpoint, it seems fine for a plinker.
The one I got seems to be pretty solid and like you said is real clear. I got it just for something to put on the wife's build I just put together since she finally mastered iron sights lol. But appreciate it man I hope it works out well

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ramairthree
10-26-15, 21:53
Fills the same niche as primary arms.

Let's say you already have your t1 or pro or your eotech on your primary and better yet extra couple of guns.

It is not likely financially feasible to also put 400$ plus optics on each of your other 9 AR builds, aks, and pcc's. Or your kids guns. They can buy their own new cars and nice optics when they grow up and get paychecks or a graduation present.

So you put the trs or a primary arms on them. Or, after a few years of feedback, better yet sparcs.

I used to rate the trs, and pa's as equivalent to sparcs but I seem to be becoming convinced otherwise by time.

Minimum primary go to red dot sight should be a 400$ pro or eotech. I like the using the eotech better, but have to give the edge in to the pro other wise. My opinion, purely on battery life, durability, etc. is for 350 to 400 the pro is king. Anything lower should not be your primary.

If you have 200. And don't want to wait for the other 200, Sparc is king. And you are giving up a lot that extra two hundred bucks would get you.

If you only have a hundred bucks, and are getting the pa or trs, it is the lowest thing I would put on. You are getting something that is not total garbage, but anything else that price or lower I have seen is. If the selling point of the sight is that it is not total garbage, well, point should be obvious.

I have a few pros, a 552, a couple pa's, a couple trs's, one vortex. And a half dozen or more of the garbage I have messed with. And I mean garbage. Stuff that the switch goes off from recoil on a 22. Works great then does not work unpredictably and inexplicably.

About ten years ago I had a friend whose unit did not have all their comps in yet and he bought a clone of eBay for a hundred bucks so he could train with what he was supposed to have, and it held up in rain and mud and worked for thousands of rounds for a week. I bought one from the same seller for a kids gun and it was about as reliable as one of those Walmart ten dollar crossman ones.

I am not an accessory snob. Many of my wml are g2 on vtac mounts, or outdated sure fires. I built a gun like my work one for nostalgia at the range, and did not spring for a real peq for it. But it is not a primary go to for me.

Anyways, just one guy's personal take. Some may chime in and sneer at the pro and plenty will at the eotech, but that is where my threshold is.