PDA

View Full Version : What Ak magazine pouches/carriers are you using?

Tzook
10-26-15, 08:11
I am getting into shooting the Ak platform more and more, and I'm having a pretty tough time finding magazine retention options that I don't hate. Any suggestions? I'm seeing plenty of manufacturers making single magazine kydex carriers, but even carrying two magazines by that method would fill up your belt. I would love the option for more. I should note, I vastly prefer kydex to anything else, as I will more often than not be using this on a belt, however I'm all ears for whatever you guys like. Thanks in advance!

SteveL
10-26-15, 08:41
They're not kydex, but have you tried HSGI tacos?

Tzook
10-26-15, 09:35
They're not kydex, but have you tried HSGI tacos?

I have, and I really really love them for attachments to MOLLE, but I would prefer something different for a belt. Ultimately if I don't find anything I really like I more than likely will be going with the tacos.

Nowski87
10-26-15, 11:10
Have you looked in to Bravo Concealment? If you are looking to run a "slick" style belt, just a holster and a few mags they make stuff that will work.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Tzook
10-26-15, 11:15
Have you looked in to Bravo Concealment? If you are looking to run a "slick" style belt, just a holster and a few mags they make stuff that will work.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Yeah I have. I have a holster by them, definitely high quality. I was just curious if there was anything different out there as opposed to just a single magazine kydex carrier. For instance, I know the estac KYWI's are similar to kydex in that they are rigid, but they make them in clusters of two or three magazines.

n517rv
10-26-15, 11:52
Check out the ModuLoader system from Raven Concealment in combination with the HSGI Tacos. Very versatile and customizable.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Tzook
10-26-15, 13:03
Check out the ModuLoader system from Raven Concealment in combination with the HSGI Tacos. Very versatile and customizable.

Oh that's awesome. If I wanted to do 2 double rifle tacos how many "fingers" would I need? 4? The picture shows it with two, and with two pistol mag tacos.

HighSpeedGearCS
10-26-15, 14:13
Quick Breakdown:

Double Decker Taco- One Rifle/One Pistol, comes in molle and belt mounted
X2R Taco- Two Rifle, comes in molle only for now.

GotAmmo
10-26-15, 19:17
I use the HSP D3CR Light with the MP2 inserts. Seems to work out well with the magpul ak mags

diving dave
10-27-15, 10:50
For a chest rig, I also have the HSP D3CR with the MP2's. For steel AK mags, its a no go. They insert, but the metal ridge on the mags hang up on the MP2. Slick sided mags like my 74 mags have no problem.

cougar_guy04
10-27-15, 14:27

Second this. I have a moduloader setup I bought to try out and I lover the hell out of it. Would buy them again every time.

Oh that's awesome. If I wanted to do 2 double rifle tacos how many "fingers" would I need? 4? The picture shows it with two, and with two pistol mag tacos.

Per RCS:

Fit Guide:

Rifle magazine pouches mount on "two fingers." Pistol magazine pouches mount on "one finger," but require extra space for the belt loops to be mounted. When mounting more than one pouch, it is necessary for one "finger" to be a spacer between the pouches. Examples:

One rifle magazine - Two Finger Frame
One pistol magazine - Three Finger Frame recommended (belt loops mounted to outside Fingers, pistol pouch mounted to center Finger).
One Rifle magazine and one pistol magazine - Four Finger Frame
Two rifle magazines - Five Finger Frame
Two pistol magazines - Three Finger Frame
Three pistol magazines - Five Finger Frame

Tzook
10-27-15, 16:09
Second this. I have a moduloader setup I bought to try out and I lover the hell out of it. Would buy them again every time.

Per RCS:

Awesome! I guess I missed that. I think I'm going to end up going with this type of setup.

Mr blasty
10-27-15, 17:09
Awesome! I guess I missed that. I think I'm going to end up going with this type of setup.

Why? They sell belt mounted tacos.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

gibsonsg05
12-05-15, 22:50
I specidically run a Strike Hard Gear chest rig for my AK. Works well for me.

titsonritz
12-07-15, 00:26
I've been looking for some too, here is a few I've come up with:
Mills Tactical Double Rifle Magazine Carrier (http://www.millstactical.com/product-p/kydex-d-rifle-mag-carrier.htm)
RCS Sonny Rig (http://raven-concealment-systems.mybigcommerce.com/custom-sonny-rig-mag-carrier/)
Liion Defense Double Mag Deployment (http://liiondefense.com/shop/double-mag-rifle/)
Liion Defense Triple Double Kangaroo (http://liiondefense.com/shop/tdk-kangaroo-mag-pouch/)

greeneggsandsam
01-08-16, 17:00

I was wondering if anybody has experience with both the RCS moduloader/MOLLE taco and the belt mounted taco. Is one more secure than they other for purposes of attaching directly over a standard nylon belt (i'll be using an Ares Aegis enhanced belt)? My worry is that they'll slide around while running/moving. Any insight would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mars attacks...
01-08-16, 18:15
I am getting into shooting the Ak platform more and more, and I'm having a pretty tough time finding magazine retention options that I don't hate. Any suggestions? I'm seeing plenty of manufacturers making single magazine kydex carriers, but even carrying two magazines by that method would fill up your belt. I would love the option for more. I should note, I vastly prefer kydex to anything else, as I will more often than not be using this on a belt, however I'm all ears for whatever you guys like. Thanks in advance!

Splav M23 Pioneer:

http://kalinkaoptics.com/review/product/list/id/392/

Alex V
01-10-16, 09:20

I use this system instead of the belt mounted because I can take it apart in minutes and put the pooutches on my PC. This allows me to use the same pouch on both a regular belt and carrier. Less pouches to buy :-)

themonk
01-10-16, 09:46
I was wondering if anybody has experience with both the RCS moduloader/MOLLE taco and the belt mounted taco. Is one more secure than they other for purposes of attaching directly over a standard nylon belt (i'll be using an Ares Aegis enhanced belt)? My worry is that they'll slide around while running/moving. Any insight would be appreciated.

The setup is rock solid including their Paddle style clips for the moduloader. It is an awesome quick response rig. In seconds you can have a low profile concealable rig on that holds 3 AR/AK mags and a pistol mag (two moduloaders setup).

greeneggsandsam
01-12-16, 12:44
The setup is rock solid including their Paddle style clips for the moduloader. It is an awesome quick response rig. In seconds you can have a low profile concealable rig on that holds 3 AR/AK mags and a pistol mag (two moduloaders setup).

Sweet thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be picking up the moduloader to try out.