PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a flat, straight Glock trigger? Pull up a chair and come inside.

Pages : [1] 2

BlahBlah
10-27-15, 11:27
I was intrigued by the whole flat, straight Glock trigger thing when they first started hitting the market. I started on a journey of sorts that has turned into a bit of an obsession.

I started with the Agency Arms trigger ($150).

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/aa_trigger.jpg

Then got a (v1) Suarez International trigger ($100).

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/si_flattie.jpg

I then added a Deus Ex Machina trigger ($125).

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/dem_trigger.jpg

The SI and DEM triggers had much better "feel" than the Agency. The pre-travel was nonexistent, overtravel was short and the reset was nice and crisp. The Agency felt a lot like a stock trigger only flat. The little hook on the bottom did make consistency in finger placement a no brainer, but I was on a quest for as 1911-ish a trigger as I could get in a Glock.

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/dem_trigger_2.jpg

That's when I learned about the drop safety issues some people were experiencing with the flat triggers. So I started testing that too. Low-and-behold, both the SI and DEM triggers failed the drop safety tests. I'm not talking failed every once-in-a-while. I'm talking failed 2-4 out of 5 drops.

It should be noted that I tested each trigger in both Gen 3 and Gen 4 Glocks, with the factory connectors, Ghost connectors (original 3.5# and Edge 3.5#), and OEM "-" connectors, and with OEM springs and Ghost spring kits installed (6# striker springs). I was dropping the guns from waist height on to a carpeted, concrete basement floor, trying to land on the beavertail area.

The Agency trigger had no safety issues whatsoever. The only (and apparently critical) difference being that the Agency trigger didn't remove as much pre-travel as the other two. So, safety and ergonomics made the Agency my #1 pick, but then my curiosity got the better of me.

I tried a friend's IDP Tactical flat trigger ($85). It felt good but failed the drop tests. They have since released a "version 2" that is supposed to address the issue. I have NOT tested it.

Then SI released their "v2" triggers, so I got the "Tactical" model (Again, $100). It felt just like the "v1" trigger, and failed the drop safety test just like the "v1" trigger. They have since changed the "v2" trigger bar a bit (so really a "v3" now), but I have NOT tested that one either.

Then came the Apex trigger ($100).

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/apex_trigger.jpg

I've used Apex triggers in M&Ps pretty extensively, so I was pretty confident that it would work AND be safe. I was right. It did work, and it is safe. The prevailing theme being that it still has a good amount of pre-travel, and the overtravel and reset feel pretty close to stock.

Then someone pointed me towards another flat trigger offering from GlockKraft. Their original flat trigger (designed with input from Robar) was called the Defensive Applications Trigger (DAT). It looked interesting, so I contacted them about purchasing one. One of the main dudes over there pinged me back to inform me that the DAT was undergoing a cosmetic design change, and he asked me if I'd like to try out their new "Tactical" version ($135) instead. Pffft. Duh! I am way too far down the flat trigger road to turn back now!

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/gk_trigger.jpg

FULL DISCLOSURE: I originally provided my CC info to GlockKraft to pay for the trigger, but they (purposely) never charged me. They said they appreciated my feedback during my testing and decided not to charge me for the trigger.

The GlockKraft trigger does have a bit less pre-travel than the others. It is not a lot less, but it is noticeable for those paying attention. Overtravel is also a tiny bit less. I was worried that they might be riding the ragged edge of safety, but it did pass all of my drop tests without failing once.

GK caught some grief on their Instagram account for copying the look of the Agency trigger but, really, how many different ways can you make a flat, straight Glock trigger look? I think they look different enough, but YMMV, opinions are like a$$holes, etc.

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/flat_triggers/flat_triggers_2.jpg

So... I think at this point I have tried every major player in the flat, straight Glock trigger market EXCEPT for the Innovative Gunfighter Solutions trigger and the GlockWorks original DAT trigger. I'll probably get one of each to try at some point, but my wallet needs some time to cool off before taking that plunge.

Anyway. Of all the ones that I've tried, the GlockKraft, Agency and Apex are my top three, and the only ones that failed to fail (Heh. See what I did there?) my drop tests. I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. The GlockKraft has the shortest trigger travel, the Apex has the widest face and the Agency is just a damned good trigger (feel and function).

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/flat_triggers/flat_triggers_1.jpg

momano
10-27-15, 12:01
Do any of these reduce the reach? IOW, would these help people with smaller hands? Thanks

BlahBlah
10-27-15, 12:10
Do any of these reduce the reach? IOW, would these help people with smaller hands? Thanks
I would have to measure that, but just based on my recollections (sitting at the office currently), the Agency and GlockKraft might have a little shorter LOP than the factory trigger. I do think that the Apex has a bit longer LOP than stock, or maybe it just "feels" that way based on how your finger sits on the face, the width of the face (it's the widest of my top three), etc. I've had a few different people try it, and the first thing they mentioned is how they liked the finger placement.

As a side note: Since I mentioned the width of the Apex trigger it is also worth mentioning that it is the only flat Glock trigger that I have tested that will NOT fit in a G42 (as per Apex). It fits in every other Glock, including the G43, but it is too wide to fit the trigger hole in the G42 frame. All the other triggers tested will fit the G42 with the appropriate trigger bar, of course.

sasage
10-27-15, 12:45
If you had to pick one between GK and Apex, which would you choose? Have you noticed any increase in accuracy?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

BlahBlah
10-27-15, 13:04
If you had to pick one between GK and Apex, which would you choose? Have you noticed any increase in accuracy?

I have noticed that my accuracy (maybe consistency would be a better word choice) has improved with the flat triggers in general. I've been switching triggers frequently, though, so I couldn't say if one was inherently more accurate than another for me.

If you're looking for a flat/straight trigger with the shortest pre-travel and overtravel that is still safe, the GlockKraft is it. It's hard to ignore the Apex, though. It has a very nice tactile "feel" to it, and the price difference is obvious.

sasage
10-27-15, 13:13
Yea. I might be tempted to try both. I just read the GK v2 won't be shipping until early Nov.

Watrdawg
10-27-15, 13:52
I just installed the Apex trigger in my G19 the other day and it does feel like the LOP is longer. However, that easily could be because it is a wide trigger. One thought I had about the Apex trigger is since it is flat faced and wide would it change the so called Glock trigger effect of shooting left. A lot of people adjust their rear sights to the right to counter it. I have small hands and the last pad of my index finger sits right on the face of the Apex trigger. When I was dry firing my G19 the other night after installing the Apex I noticed that my front sight was jumping a touch to the right as the striker let loose. I had to really concentrate to keep it steady. While doing so this popped into my mind.

sevenhelmet
10-27-15, 14:28
Why the popularity of flat triggers lately? Is there a perceived advantage, or is it just user preference?

bigghoss
10-27-15, 14:30
Excellent post. Thanks for the info.

10-27-15, 14:33
Order an SSVI Tyr and test it out for everyone.

sasage
10-27-15, 15:40
If you get a chance, could with measure the trigger face/shoe width?

sasage
10-27-15, 16:18
I just installed the Apex trigger in my G19 the other day and it does feel like the LOP is longer. However, that easily could be because it is a wide trigger. One thought I had about the Apex trigger is since it is flat faced and wide would it change the so called Glock trigger effect of shooting left. A lot of people adjust their rear sights to the right to counter it. I have small hands and the last pad of my index finger sits right on the face of the Apex trigger. When I was dry firing my G19 the other night after installing the Apex I noticed that my front sight was jumping a touch to the right as the striker let loose. I had to really concentrate to keep it steady. While doing so this popped into my mind.
Are you right handed or left handed?

Tzook
10-27-15, 17:28
You've got more cash wrapped up in triggers than I do in all my Glocks ;)

Grip
10-27-15, 18:43
The glockcraft trigger looks good. I may try one of those.

snakyjake
10-27-15, 22:40
Can someone please explain the drop safety issues??

K1tt3n5
10-28-15, 00:05
Interesting. I had an agency arms trigger in my glock 42 that had literally ZERO pre travel, I took it out before I could try the drop test. I ordered the ssvi(should be here tomorrow) and am looking forward to trying it. I have the hsp skimmers in a few of my guns and have been happy with them. I'm sure the apex is great, but it's just too ugly for me. For $10 more GK will send you a complete polished trigger assembly with a minus connector.

TheJawn
10-28-15, 00:26
yes I'd like to try and replicate the test itself. I suppose I can just drop the darn thing and see for myself, but a detailed description of how you did your testing would be illuminating.

K1tt3n5
10-28-15, 00:31
I was curious so I installed the apex back in my g42. Well, I dropped it from 6+ feet and threw it around the room a bit. It passed and the trigger is staying in my gun.

titsonritz
10-28-15, 04:20
Interesting. I had an agency arms trigger in my glock 42 that had literally ZERO pre travel, I took it out before I could try the drop test. I ordered the ssvi(should be here tomorrow) and am looking forward to trying it. I have the hsp skimmers in a few of my guns and have been happy with them. I'm sure the apex is great, but it's just too ugly for me. For $10 more GK will send you a complete polished trigger assembly with a minus connector.

I was curious so I installed the apex back in my g42. Well, I dropped it from 6+ feet and threw it around the room a bit. It passed and the trigger is staying in my gun.

You re-installed an Agency Arms or Apex? The Apex supposedly doesn't fit in the G42, are you saying it does?

titsonritz
10-28-15, 04:22
Excellent post. Thanks for the info.

Yes, BlahBlah thank you for taking the time (and making the investment).

BlahBlah
10-28-15, 06:11
The drop safety keeps the striker from hitting the primer if the gun is dropped. Dropping a gun with a compromised drop safety can lead to a dead trigger, dented primer or, worst case, an ignited primer (ND).

This video explains what to look for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_MEVIhMz5E

I still think that dropping the gun is important. My standard test is to load a magazine mostly full, top it off with dummy rounds and chamber a snap cap (some people use an empty, primered case). Then I drop the gun onto my (carpeted) basement floor from waist height, trying to get it to land on the back of the grip or beavertail area. If you pick the gun up, pull the trigger and it goes "click" like normal, then you're good-to-go. If you have a dead trigger, then you have problems.

Joelski
10-28-15, 06:28
Great reviews, but I'm crious about one thing: how did you conduct the drop tests? :eek:

Watrdawg
10-28-15, 07:48
Are you right handed or left handed?

Right handed

Leuthas
10-28-15, 07:57
Why the popularity of flat triggers lately? Is there a perceived advantage, or is it just user preference?

A flat faced trigger reduces perceived force required to operate the trigger and in correlation tends to increase accuracy of the shooter.

Watrdawg
The drop safety keeps the striker from hitting the primer if the gun is dropped. Dropping a gun with a compromised drop safety can lead to a dead trigger, dented primer or, worst case, an ignited primer (ND).

This video explains what to look for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_MEVIhMz5E

I still think that dropping the gun is important. My standard test is to load a magazine mostly full, top it off with dummy rounds and chamber a snap cap (some people use an empty, primered case). Then I drop the gun onto my (carpeted) basement floor from waist height, trying to get it to land on the back of the grip or beavertail area. If you pick the gun up, pull the trigger and it goes "click" like normal, then you're good-to-go. If you have a dead trigger, then you have problems.

Thanks for the video link. I did the test with the Apex trigger and it passed like your findings. I'm definitely going to try this with my Skimmer trigger.

sasage
I think I'll hold out for a GK Gen 2.

BlahBlah
10-28-15, 08:40
A flat faced trigger reduces perceived force required to operate the trigger and in correlation tends to increase accuracy of the shooter.
There are a few benefits to flat/straight triggers. First, it's important to differentiate between a trigger being flat (horizontal) and straight (vertical).

Factory triggers are rounded (smooth or serrated) in the horizontal plane and curved in the vertical plane.

Triggers like the Fulcrum, Pyramid, SSVI and the like are flat in the horizontal plane, but still curved in the vertical plane.

The triggers I tested are flat and straight in both the horizontal and vertical planes. The Apex has a slight bit of vertical curve, but it's pretty close to flat.

Anyway...

Some of the benefits of the flat/straight triggers are that vertical finger placement is more forgiving, increased leverage (makes the pull "feel" lighter) and the flat horizontal surface mitigates trigger finger roll on the trigger press, which should lead to more consistency.

punkey71
10-28-15, 10:50
Order an SSVI Tyr and test it out for everyone.
Hate to spend your money for you but I'd also love to hear your thoughts on the SSVI Tyr as it compares to what you have already tried.

K1tt3n5
10-28-15, 10:55
You re-installed an Agency Arms or Apex? The Apex supposedly doesn't fit in the G42, are you saying it does?

My bad, I meant agency.

Yojimbo
10-28-15, 11:18
Yeah, I was keeping a close eye on that long thread on TOS. :)

I am planning to order a GlockKraft Tactical Drop-in Kit this payday... I can't wait to get out on the range and see if it really makes difference.

BlahBlah
10-28-15, 12:38
Hate to spend your money for you but I'd also love to hear your thoughts on the SSVI Tyr as it compares to what you have already tried.
Trust me... I have no trouble spending my own money, thanks! ;)

I'd like to try the IGFS trigger, and you're not the first person to suggest the SSVI to me. That's another $300 in triggers, though. Maybe I should pass a collection plate!

BlahBlah
10-28-15, 14:26
FWIW - This is how my two main G19s are currently configured (pardon the dog hair, this was pre-cleaning).

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/goto_19s.jpg

The Apex trigger is installed in the G17 that lives under the bed. ;)

BTL BRN
10-28-15, 14:46
I purchased the DEM trigger and was very pleased with the feel and performance of the trigger; I also noted some increases in accuracy and split times. I then happened upon the "thread" at TOS, it did cause my hackles to raise a bit no question.

I attempted my own "drop testing" which consisted of dropping my G17 (with ALL stock internals minus the trigger) onto my carpeted floor. Best guess would be that I had a "dead" trigger 4 out of 10 times. I contacted DEM as to how to proceed and they suggested that I bend up the end of the cruciform to ensure proper engagement with the striker - their press release is HERE (https://www.customglockbarrels.com/index.php?main_page=page_3&zenid=f18040f534fc6a8e4c62e419d1678909). I did so and while it seemed to lessen the amount of dead triggers I experienced, I DID still get a few.

I then proceeded to take a snap cap with a piece of scotch tape over the "primer" and perform the same drop testing, EVERY time I had a dead trigger the striker NEVER released to dent the primer. As a baseline I pulled the trigger on the snap cap with the tape and it left an unmistakable mark as you would expect on a fired round.

I still did not find this to be all that settling, and currently I have shipped my complete DEM trigger with their supplied trigger bar back to them (on their dime), so that they can install the trigger shoe on my OEM trigger bar. It was suggested that there are some variations in tolerances and that possibly the stock trigger bar might have been somewhat "fitted" to my particular gun.

Again, it appears that one of the three safeties that Glock has have been bypassed; noticeably the trigger bar/cruciform falling into the trigger housing, but at no time did the striker release to contact the primer on my snap cap.

R0CKETMAN
10-28-15, 15:50
Been running the AA in a gen4 19 for a few months / 1k ish and am very pleased

CFII
10-28-15, 16:56
Thank you OP for your time and investment. You have more time on flat face Glock triggers than most. I have a full custom Agency Glock 20, but I am still deciding on what drop in to put in my Glock 22.

K1tt3n5
10-29-15, 00:38
SSVI trigger came in today. Definitely has a nice feel to it just dry firing. Didn't seem to reduce pre travel much if at all.

sasage
10-29-15, 13:59
Glockmeister has the ssvi in stock

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk

FlyingHunter
10-31-15, 20:05
I've got my Ghost connector just right...Can you buy just the trigger shoe for the sssvi?

civiliansheepdog
10-31-15, 21:56
Would all of these replacement triggers be considered for competition or carry or both? My concern is having a defensive encounter with possible ramifications from an "upgraded" trigger.

10-31-15, 23:54
If that is already weighing on your mind then leave things stock. My experience is only with the Apex trigger. Pretravel is the only thing I can feel that is different than stock.
You can play the what ifs and legal game all day. If my finger is already on the trigger I'm ready to destroy/kill/stop what is in front of me. Don't care if it's a 3# trigger, reduced pretravel or whatever. My decision is made and it's go time.

civiliansheepdog
11-01-15, 06:49
I feel the same, however, the prosecution may not. I looking into a PPQ for this sole reason.

ST911
11-01-15, 09:12
Would all of these replacement triggers be considered for competition or carry or both? My concern is having a defensive encounter with possible ramifications from an "upgraded" trigger.

I feel the same, however, the prosecution may not. I looking into a PPQ for this sole reason.

Gunzine and guncounter hysteria have far over-hyped the issue. We ran a lengthy thread on this topic not too awful long ago here that is worth rereading.

Be much more concerned about the potential for compromise in reliability with such modifications. Test any installation and components thoroughly.

civiliansheepdog
11-01-15, 10:11
I have always second guessed the concern due to other pistols' triggers, like SA/DA Sigs and 1911s. I have just wondered how many prosecutors would identify something like an Apex trigger kit in a Glock and convince Joe Smith on the jury of how my intent was murder. Versus having a stock trigger that was good to go like a VP9, P320, or PPQ. I would much prefer to just upgrade the internals of a G19 like a Ghost trigger bar and not have to second guess.

titsonritz
11-01-15, 10:42
For something like that to happen everything would have to be wrong to begin with:

1. You are involved in a bad shoot.
2. You live in a shitty 2A state.
3. Prosecutor is a dick head more interested going after guns than seeking justice.
4. You have a crap lawyer.

misfit47
11-01-15, 17:23
If there is a clear justification for the shooting, the trigger most likely won't be scrutinized. I won't do it on a carry gun as i don't want to waste the money given it'll be confiscated.

BlahBlah
11-02-15, 11:37
Since none of these triggers change the actual trigger pull (pre-travel, over-travel, etc.) too drastically, I'm not concerned about potential litigation should I ever need to defend myself in a justified shoot. If you're running a trigger with a super short pull and crazy light connector and springs, that might be a different discussion.

Side note: I received the updated version of the GlockKraft DAT today. This is the version of their trigger without the hook on the end. Since I am going to be putting it in a G42, and I already had a spare trigger bar laying around, they sent me just the trigger shoe itself.

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/gk_dat.jpg

I'll update again once I have had a chance to polish the OEM trigger bar and install the shoe.

BlahBlah
11-02-15, 16:02
I couldn't wait. I went ahead and installed the DAT in the G42.

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/gk_dat_installed.jpg

It's like a whole new gun! I've got a Ghost Edge connector and a Ghost (light) firing pin safety spring in there already. This trigger really tops it all off!

K1tt3n5
11-02-15, 22:38
Do they no longer offer the dat with the hook?

BlahBlah
11-03-15, 06:03
Do they no longer offer the dat with the hook?
The DAT is the flat, straight trigger pictured above in the G42. Their trigger with the hook is called the "Tactical" trigger. The only difference between them is the hook. Internally, the triggers are identical.

I think they said that the Tactical version and the new DAT (they changed the cosmetics to what is pictured above) will both be available this week.

MiamiCracker
11-03-15, 06:14
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/03/0233adfd1455b5b192436d974aef1198.jpg
Just installed the Suarez Tactical trigger in my G34 last night. I must say it had more pretravel than I expected, which is a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlahBlah
11-03-15, 08:11
Just installed the Suarez Tactical trigger in my G34 last night. I must say it had more pretravel than I expected, which is a good thing.
Can you take a picture of the part of the trigger bar that disengages the firing pin safety? I've heard reports that SI is reprofiling that part of the trigger bar (which would make it a "v3" for all intents and purposes). Also, did you check the functionality of the drop safety?

MiamiCracker
11-03-15, 14:38
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/03/453b6af7c640ec59b8d731c7712a04dc.jpg
I believe this is what you wanted to see. I also tried the drop safety test on a tile floor with a thin carpet about 5-6 times from 2-4ft. Pulled the trigger and striker went off.

Bruce in WV
11-04-15, 07:46
Apex recommends their "Glock Ultimate Safety Plunger" with the new trigger. As a new Glock shooter, I'm guessing this is related to the safety issues you're discussing here?

BlahBlah
11-04-15, 08:38
Apex recommends their "Glock Ultimate Safety Plunger" with the new trigger. As a new Glock shooter, I'm guessing this is related to the safety issues you're discussing here?
It's not related to safety issues being reported here. Their plunger is polished with a slightly different profile, so it's more of a feel thing. I have their plunger in a few of my Glocks, and I have polished OEM plungers in others. I haven't noticed any difference, but they're both better than an unpolished factory plunger.

K1tt3n5
11-04-15, 10:47
The DAT is the flat, straight trigger pictured above in the G42. Their trigger with the hook is called the "Tactical" trigger. The only difference between them is the hook. Internally, the triggers are identical.

I think they said that the Tactical version and the new DAT (they changed the cosmetics to what is pictured above) will both be available this week.

Thank you!

GAST
11-08-15, 19:45
Thank you for this insightful and critical information.

K1tt3n5
11-08-15, 22:04
I've gone back to the hsp skimmer and am looking to try one more flat face trigger before I buy skimmers for all of my glocks. Has anyone compared the Glock kraft tactical and the agency arms?

The ssvi trigger was nice, but not for me.

Hwikek
11-08-15, 23:44
I've gone back to the hsp skimmer and am looking to try one more flat face trigger before I buy skimmers for all of my glocks. Has anyone compared the Glock kraft tactical and the agency arms?

The skimmer is not drop safe, that's something to consider in the review process. However neither are quite a few firearm designs that remain popular.

K1tt3n5
11-09-15, 00:07
The skimmer is not drop safe, that's something to consider in the review process. However neither are quite a few firearm designs that remain popular.

The three skimmers I have are drop safe. I know they had an issue with a few caused by tolerance stacking.

Hwikek
11-09-15, 01:14
The three skimmers I have are drop safe. I know they had an issue with a few caused by tolerance stacking.

I'm not sure I see how that's possible. The trigger was shown in the past to have been designed in such a way that it allows the drop safety to fail by compromising the overall system. What this causes is a dead trigger when the pistol hits the ground with enough force. What changes have been made to current production skimmers that alleviate this issue?

K1tt3n5
11-09-15, 01:24
I don't know, what I do know is I've literally thrown, dropped, slammed, kicked and generally abused my glocks with zero trigger issues. I've done the same test that was shown in the video on here and mine passed. The same could be said of the agency arms trigger in my 42, as well as the ssvi I used previously.

BlahBlah
11-09-15, 17:05

I compared the Agency and GlockKraft on the first page of this thread. ;)

punkey71
11-09-15, 18:53

What did you not like about the SSVI?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sasage
11-09-15, 20:56
blahblah,

Have you ever tried an OC Custom trigger? Adjustable stock parts?

K1tt3n5
11-09-15, 21:54
What did you not like about the SSVI?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not really sure there's anything I didn't like as much as there's nothing I loved about it over the skimmer. I gave it to a friend of mine to play with.

K1tt3n5
11-09-15, 21:54
blahblah,

Have you ever tried an OC Custom trigger? Adjustable stock parts?

Yes, I don't like that it's adjustable. Fine for a toy or game gun.

jmoney
11-11-15, 08:37

They are not drop safe. I warned a friend about that a while back, he said the same thing, and called me about three months ago telling me he was indeed wrong. He had a ND due to the trigger and is still a bit in shock about it. He has since put away anything that isn't in its stock form.

sasage
11-11-15, 08:38
Yes, I don't like that it's adjustable. Fine for a toy or game gun.
All these triggers are adjusted, some just come that way from the factory. OC allows the user to adjust the pretravel.

K1tt3n5
11-11-15, 11:46
All these triggers are adjusted, some just come that way from the factory. OC allows the user to adjust the pretravel.

Imo I want nothing to do with that on a carry gun.

K1tt3n5
11-11-15, 11:46

Imo I want nothing to do with that on a carry gun.

K1tt3n5
11-11-15, 12:52
They are not drop safe. I warned a friend about that a while back, he said the same thing, and called me about three months ago telling me he was indeed wrong. He had a ND due to the trigger and is still a bit in shock about it. He has since put away anything that isn't in its stock form.
Mine have passed every test that the stock trigger has.

blackbag
11-19-15, 20:32
I just ordered the Apex Trigger. I couldn't pass the sub $90.00 price I found for it.

notorious_ar15
11-19-15, 21:53
I just ordered the Apex Trigger. I couldn't pass the sub $90.00 price I found for it.

Do you mind sharing where you found it?

blackbag
11-19-15, 21:59
PM sent.

wigbones
11-19-15, 22:31
Natchez shooters supply has the Glock Apex trigger with trigger bar for $79.99
Picked up two about a week or so ago when they were running free shipping.

Texaspoff
11-20-15, 06:40
I have been running a Glock Kraft Tactical version in my 19 for a few days and so far I am thoroughly impressed. SO much so I will be carrying these in the shop for customer orders.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/Texaspoff/DSC_0020_zpssiuvwwck.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/Texaspoff/DSC_0021_zpsjtmvypfe.jpg

TXPO

sasage
11-20-15, 06:59
I have been running a Glock Kraft Tactical version in my 19 for a few days and so far I am thoroughly impressed. SO much so I will be carrying these in the shop for customer orders.

TXPO
Good to hear. I'm going to hold off on a GK because they are going to coat the new Tactical ones with NP3 in the beginning of Dec

Texaspoff
11-20-15, 07:03
Yeah I prefer the standard trigger bar as I work it over a bit myself and would cut through the NP3 coating. It is a nice option though, the company is really great and super good folks to deal with.

TXPO

Tackleberry40sw
11-20-15, 14:11
Yeah I prefer the standard trigger bar as I work it over a bit myself and would cut through the NP3 coating. It is a nice option though, the company is really great and super good folks to deal with.

TXPO

Have you had any issues using a Gen 3 trigger bar in a Gen 4 pistol?

sasage
11-20-15, 14:28
I use one without issue as well.

Only known difference AFAIK is no bump

sasage
11-20-15, 19:18

TXPO
Have you ever used a OC Custom trigger?

Texaspoff
11-21-15, 07:35

Not at all. I have run third gen triggers in all my 4th gens guns and never had a problem. The only difference between them is the raised portion on the striker block tab. It was revised on the fourth gen guns as a preventative measure against the lever not completely deactivating interfering with the striker movement that could cause light primer hits.

The tab has been on the full sized 20/21/29/30 pistols since their inception. Due to their increased width, the trigger bar could move laterally under pressure, IE pulling the trigger, thus not engaging the striker block completely. This was found during testing of the original 20/21 design. So they put the tab on it so the trigger bars lateral movement is stopped when the tab hits the side of the slide.

Since the 4th gen guns have a reversible magazine release, glock found when it is in the left hand position, it can cause the magazine to push slightly against the trigger bar, possibly causing lateral movement on the trigger bar, and thus not engaging the striker block completely. They erred on the side of caution.

SO if you have a 4th gen pistol and you do not have the magazine release switch to the left hand side, it will likely never be an issue. If it you do, then because of Glocks tolerance stacking, it could, however unlikely pop up at some point.

If you have a 4th gen, swap the magazine release around and pop a magazine in the pistol. You can see the magazine being pushed into the trigger bar. AGAIN this doesn't happen all the time, Glock simply did it as a preventative measure to make sure it wouldn't happen.

Will all that being said, 3rd gen triggers run perfectly fine in fourth gen guns.....

TXPO

K1tt3n5
11-28-15, 02:30
My curiosity got the best of me earlier. I put the agency arms flat faced trigger shoe on a gen 3 trigger bar and tried it on my Glock 19 and it felt really odd. The trigger seemed to be way too small. Does anyone know if agency uses different shoes on their g42 compared to a g19 etc?

K1tt3n5
12-02-15, 10:10
My Glock Kraft triggers with np3 coated bars shipped yesterday. Looking forward to trying them.

andersenvincent7
12-03-15, 19:28
Does the APEX remove the sponginess and slight bit of grit that you normally find with a stock trigger?

EzGoingKev
01-09-16, 19:16
Would someone be able to post images of the trigger bar where the raised section contacts the firing pin safety block?

Rusty Pheasant
01-14-16, 10:05
Sorry if I missed it but I was just curious if anyone is running a minus connector with the APEX trigger? I am currently running my glock with the minus connector however im thinking about picking up the APEX. I guess I'm just wondering if I should ditch the minus connector if I go with the APEX.

Thanks!

Exiledviking
01-14-16, 13:32
Sorry if I missed it but I was just curious if anyone is running a minus connector with the APEX trigger? I am currently running my glock with the minus connector however im thinking about picking up the APEX. I guess I'm just wondering if I should ditch the minus connector if I go with the APEX.

Thanks!
I'll be able to tell you by next week as I have an Apex trigger coming and I'll be installing it along with a minus connector.

Myrideishot
01-22-16, 17:08
I'll be able to tell you by next week as I have an Apex trigger coming and I'll be installing it along with a minus connector.

Did you ever get the apex and run it with the minus connector? I'm probably gonna order this and I run a minus connector. Thanks in advance.

Exiledviking
01-23-16, 09:29
Did you ever get the apex and run it with the minus connector? I'm probably gonna order this and I run a minus connector. Thanks in advance.

I finally got to install it last night. It definitely removes some of the pre-travel and over-travel. Feels quite different in the trigger pull too. To me it feels more like the proverbial glass rod break. Not sure that I'm going to keep it. It's too different from my other Glocks.

librarian45
01-24-16, 18:45
awesome write up.
I'm debating a robar or Apex for an ill-advised adventure into an open division glock.

PaLEOjd
01-24-16, 18:53
[QUOTE=BlahBlah;2201863]I have noticed that my accuracy (maybe consistency would be a better word choice) has improved with the flat triggers in general. I've been switching triggers frequently, though, so I couldn't say if one was inherently more accurate than another for me.
QUOTE]

There are many people that seem to have those results. The flat trigger is less likely to be jerked to the left while being depressed like the standard curved triggers.

BlahBlah
01-26-16, 08:28

Thanks!
I have run Apex, Agency, Suarez and GlockKraft triggers with factory connectors (standard and minus), Ghost connectors (old 3.5# and Edge 3.5#) and Suarez connectors (polished copy of the factory minus connector). They all worked fine.

Drew78
01-26-16, 18:08
To those of you using the glock kraft triggers, do you prefer the feel of the tactical trigger with the "hook" on the end or the dat v2 version without the hook?

BlahBlah
01-27-16, 12:42
The Tactical is also a little longer than the DAT v2. I like it (Tactical) better because of the length and the hook.

6point9
01-29-16, 22:33
Anyone have a comparison/review on the SSVI trigger vs the Glock Kraft? Looking at one for my G43.

K1tt3n5
01-29-16, 23:00
Anyone have a comparison/review on the SSVI trigger vs the Glock Kraft? Looking at one for my G43.

If you want flat face go glock kraft, if you want curved go ssvi. You can't go wrong either way.

6point9
01-30-16, 00:25
If you want flat face go glock kraft, if you want curved go ssvi. You can't go wrong either way.

Just looking for direct comparison of overall feel since I've never shot a pistol with a flat faced trigger like the Glock Kraft. Mainly curious to see about pre/over travel comparisons and if the flat face offers anything else. There's also the $35 difference between the two.

EzGoingKev
02-13-16, 14:09
I have been curious to try a flat faced trigger for a while now. I just received an Agency Arms trigger today.

Initial impressions -

First time I put my finger on the trigger I thought there was something wrong. The trigger sits a lot farther back than a curved trigger. I had thought the trigger did not reset itself when I racked the slide.

The Agency trigger is a two stage trigger, just like the OE trigger. First stage travel is much shorter than the OE trigger. Second stage travel is the same. Reset is solid. I really do not notice the curve at the bottom as much as I thought I would.

I had a ZEV trigger in the pistol prior to installing the Agency trigger. Pull is similar to that that trigger.

So far I have only dry fired. It is different from the curved trigger I am used to. I am not saying this is bad, just that I need to get used to it. Once I put a few hundred rounds through it I will post an update.

geckocavemen
02-14-16, 10:25

I have small hands as well and even the Gen 4 Glocks are on the very edge of being too large. I purchased the Tyr trigger from SSVI recently and, while not a flat trigger, it does reduce the trigger reach enough to make a small difference. It's also much more comfortable than the stock trigger. I can't comment about drop safety with the Tyr, though I haven't heard of any issues.

K1tt3n5
02-17-16, 02:15
As much as I thought I liked the glock kraft triggers I ended up going back to stock and now have a few tactical models sitting around that I should probably sell. While the triggers work quite well and are still IMO the best flat faced glock triggers on the market I prefer curved triggers on my glock. Might pick up another tyr trigger as it's certainly the best curved glock trigger I've used. My vp9 has spoiled me.

Doc. Holiday
02-17-16, 13:21
OP, now that you have had a few months what is (in your mind) the winning combination that is the safest and has the best results?

JBarbaresi
02-17-16, 14:16
Curious to hear some updated opinions. I'm considering either a Glockkraft Tactical or the Agency Arms. Never tried a flat/straight trigger on a Glock before.

sadmin
02-17-16, 15:40
I'm very happy with the GlockKraft setup. Watching the YT video on the drop test squelched my initial reservations. Shooting it, I don't see any improvements yet, and f/u shots have gotten away from me a couple times. I've only ever shot stock triggers so time will tell.

Fluffy Bunny
02-18-16, 04:34
Do any of the flat & straight triggers which are drop-safe have an advantage over the others in reducing trigger reach?

BlahBlah
02-18-16, 08:03
OP, now that you have had a few months what is (in your mind) the winning combination that is the safest and has the best results?
I like the GlockKraft Tactical the best. It is the shortest (complete) pull of the drop-safe triggers. I currently run it with a polished "-" connector and a Ghost spring kit (heavy trigger spring, light firing pin safety spring and 6# firing pin spring) and it feels really, really nice.

I almost wish I would've gotten the Tactical for my G42 just because of the shape of the trigger shoe, but the GlockKraft DAT v2 that I have in there is pretty awesome as well (Ghost Edge connector and Ghost light firing pin safety spring).

Doc. Holiday
02-18-16, 09:26
Cool, thanks for your research in this. I have been looking into flat faced triggers for awhile now cuz I can't stand my current stock 19 trigger. It is really hard for me to get a consistent trigger pull each day when I dry fire. I find myself constantly changing something to make that front sight stay fixed.

Doc. Holiday
02-18-16, 09:29
Does the safety on the GlockKraft stick out a bit when trigger is fully compressed like it is on a stock glock trigger or is it completely flush with the trigger face?

JBarbaresi
02-18-16, 09:34
Cool, thanks for your research in this. I have been looking into flat faced triggers for awhile now cuz I can't stand my current stock 19 trigger. It is really hard for me to get a consistent trigger pull each day when I dry fire. I find myself constantly changing something to make that front sight stay fixed.

FWIW, before you spend too much money on a new trigger, it would do yourself justice to really study and understand the mechanics of a Glock trigger and how to affect certain characteristics with the various trigger components (connector, trigger spring, striker spring, striker safety spring, striker safety block, etc...).

One of the great things about striker fired handguns is that mechanically the trigger pull is consistent each and every time. The inconsistency comes from us as the shooter. Simply adding a flat faced trigger is not going to significantly impact the feel of the trigger pull, it will change the way the trigger feels on your finger and perhaps the mechanics of the shoe design can assist you in more consistent press to the rear or finger placement. If you really want to change the way the trigger feels, you really need to start playing around with the other components.

Doc. Holiday
02-18-16, 10:18
FWIW, before you spend too much money on a new trigger, it would do yourself justice to really study and understand the mechanics of a Glock trigger and how to affect certain characteristics with the various trigger components (connector, trigger spring, striker spring, striker safety spring, striker safety block, etc...).

One of the great things about striker fired handguns is that mechanically the trigger pull is consistent each and every time. The inconsistency comes from us as the shooter. Simply adding a flat faced trigger is not going to significantly impact the feel of the trigger pull, it will change the way the trigger feels on your finger and perhaps the mechanics of the shoe design can assist you in more consistent press to the rear or finger placement. If you really want to change the way the trigger feels, you really need to start playing around with the other components.

Completely understand and agree with you. I am already aware of what you stated concerning the mechanics of the trigger. The inconsistency (for me) that I find is that on the 19 with the serrations on the trigger face and how it has a very small point in the middle of the trigger that I would define as the sweet spot is too small and I find my finger wanting to slip to one side or the other causing me to jerk the trigger. On my other pistols the triggers have a wider spot so my finger is not wanting to go to either side of the trigger face. (Hopefully that makes sense)

BlahBlah
02-18-16, 10:35

That's not entirely true. Depending on which trigger you get, just dropping it in CAN significantly impact the feel of the trigger pull. The GlockKraft in particular is designed to remove a bit of the pre-travel and over travel (while still remaining drop safe). That makes a pretty big impact on the feel of the trigger pull. The increased leverage of a flat/straight trigger also impacts the feel of the trigger pull.

I agree with everything else you said 100%.

EzGoingKev
02-18-16, 10:48
Some aftermarket triggers have changed the relationship between the pivot points. This can have an effect on trigger feel.

The two great things about the Glock is they are easy to work on and the parts are cheap. If you are looking for a certain feel then my recommendation would be to buy the related parts and swap them out one at a time to learn what they do.

sadmin
02-29-16, 11:36
Unfortunately my GlockKraft trigger has begun to present an issue. After one firing session of 250rds, I noticed the roll pin walking out of the trigger safety. I pressed it back in as it was still lined up, but after another 100 rounds, its walked out further. Just a data point - Ill play with it, not notifying manufacturer yet.

Doc. Holiday
02-29-16, 11:41
Interesting....good to know. Keep us updated!

Big A
02-29-16, 13:13
Unfortunately my GlockKraft trigger has begun to present an issue. After one firing session of 250rds, I noticed the roll pin walking out of the trigger safety. I pressed it back in as it was still lined up, but after another 100 rounds, its walked out further. Just a data point - Ill play with it, not notifying manufacturer yet.

What model Glock did you put it in?

And what ammo were you using?

sadmin
02-29-16, 13:32
Early (still tenifered) Gen4 17, 124gr GECO

Big A
02-29-16, 14:05
Early (still tenifered) Gen4 17, 124gr GECO

+P or no?

BlahBlah
02-29-16, 14:13
I'd let Jerry (at GlockKraft) know. I'd be willing to bet that they'll fix and/or replace it for you with no hassle. He always seems to reply to my email messages within minutes.

sadmin
02-29-16, 14:20
+P or no?

negative

GUNSLINGER733
03-01-16, 15:18
I love my Agency Arms trigger. It has been flawless so far and feels awesome. Highly recommend them.

GUNSLINGER733
03-01-16, 15:20
Also like to note to op this thread has been great.lol

JBarbaresi
03-04-16, 16:24
I'm really liking the feel of this GlockKraft DATT.

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt176/jbarbaresi/Guns/20160304_143130-01_zpsvt5hrc5t.jpeg (http://s609.photobucket.com/user/jbarbaresi/media/Guns/20160304_143130-01_zpsvt5hrc5t.jpeg.html)

duece71
03-15-16, 22:12
Has anyone tried the innovative gunfighter solutions enhanced duty trigger? Any comments good or bad on it? Thanks.

sadmin
03-21-16, 14:18

Issue happened again and I reached out

Fantastic Customer Service here -

Hi Matthew,

We will send you a new trigger. We switched to a new roll pin system so that problem won't happen in the future.

I will get you one out today.

FlyingHunter
03-21-16, 18:49

Hi Matthew,

We will send you a new trigger. We switched to a new roll pin system so that problem won't happen in the future.

Good service.

Question? Can you order just the trigger shoe?

Hot Sauce
03-22-16, 00:57
Along the same lines of asking about just the trigger shoe, I see that the OP identified Agency, Apex and Glock Kraft as the reliable performers. And Glock Kraft seems to be the popular one based off of the responses.

However, is there one of these three that does not remove any pretravel? That is not something I'm comfortable with. Also, how much pre-travel do they each remove?

Now before anyone starts telling me that the only safety I need is in between my ears or anything of that sort, please stop yourself. Its my preference, end of story.

BlahBlah
03-22-16, 08:06
Along the same lines of asking about just the trigger shoe, I see that the OP identified Agency, Apex and Glock Kraft as the reliable performers. And Glock Kraft seems to be the popular one based off of the responses.

However, is there one of these three that does not remove any pretravel? That is not something I'm comfortable with. Also, how much pre-travel do they each remove?

Now before anyone starts telling me that the only safety I need is in between my ears or anything of that sort, please stop yourself. Its my preference, end of story.
From my experience with a sample size of 1-2 triggers each, the Agency probably changes the trigger pull (pre/over travel) the least of the three. It relies mostly on the shape of the trigger shoe for improved feel and leverage. The Apex is a very close second.

The GlockKraft removes a bit more pre-travel, but it isn't an "OMG that's short!" kind of thing. The way the Glock trigger is designed, you can't remove all that much pre-travel while still maintaining the drop safety.

And, yes. You can order just the trigger shoe (DAT v2 or Tactical) from GlockKraft.

Qwikrex
03-22-16, 15:14

Hi Matthew,

If I may ask, when did you purchase your glockraft DAT trigger? Also, any way to determine if you have the old roll pin or not? Just wondering because I have a Glockraft DAT installed, and your experience kind if worries me lol. Thanks.

Hot Sauce
03-23-16, 15:17
From my experience with a sample size of 1-2 triggers each, the Agency probably changes the trigger pull (pre/over travel) the least of the three. It relies mostly on the shape of the trigger shoe for improved feel and leverage. The Apex is a very close second.

The GlockKraft removes a bit more pre-travel, but it isn't an "OMG that's short!" kind of thing. The way the Glock trigger is designed, you can't remove all that much pre-travel while still maintaining the drop safety.

And, yes. You can order just the trigger shoe (DAT v2 or Tactical) from GlockKraft.

Many thanks for the reply.

Sounds like Apex may be the ticket. Improves the feel of the trigger pull without actually shortening it much.

Any other reasons besides reduced length of pre-travel why you prefer GK over Apex? Or just a "feel" thing?

BlahBlah
03-24-16, 06:17
Many thanks for the reply.

Sounds like Apex may be the ticket. Improves the feel of the trigger pull without actually shortening it much.

Any other reasons besides reduced length of pre-travel why you prefer GK over Apex? Or just a "feel" thing?
I like the shape and position of the Agency and GlockKraft trigger shoes. Of those two, the GlockKraft has a bit less travel, so it won out (for me).

The Apex is a nice trigger, but the shape is very different, and I think it actually increases the reach to the trigger a little.

You really can't go wrong with any of those three, though.

JBarbaresi
03-24-16, 08:03
I've got the GlockKraft (Now the company is called Overwatch Precision due to expansion into other projects) in my Gen4 G19 and G17, with another coming for my G43 today. I absolutely love this trigger after having a few weeks of experience with it. In the past my favorite setup has been a Glock smooth face trigger/bar, 6lb trigger spring, RP striker safety spring, and either dot or standard connector depending on what gen it's going in.

Since installing the Overwatch Precision triggers I've found my preferred setup to only use the RP striker safety spring and dot connectors (both of my triggers are installed in Gen4 guns). I went back to the stock 5lb trigger spring because with the reduced pre-travel, I find the benefits of a more positive reset to outweigh the lighter pre-travel pull weight.

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt176/jbarbaresi/Guns/IMG_20160324_184233_zpsyjcwi5iy.jpg (http://s609.photobucket.com/user/jbarbaresi/media/Guns/IMG_20160324_184233_zpsyjcwi5iy.jpg.html)

Hot Sauce
03-24-16, 19:17
I like the shape and position of the Agency and GlockKraft trigger shoes. Of those two, the GlockKraft has a bit less travel, so it won out (for me).

The Apex is a nice trigger, but the shape is very different, and I think it actually increases the reach to the trigger a little.

You really can't go wrong with any of those three, though.

Oh. Well that's no bueno. Reduced reach was part of point for me.

Super interesting that Agency is very close to stock yet still $150. For basically just a different trigger shoe? Seems a bit much.

Paul053
04-15-16, 11:06
I currently own both Agency and Apex. Apex being my preference because of the wider trigger face and the longer LOP. My quest is to find a glock trigger tha is similar to the Apex forward set sear for the m&p. I like where the apex trigger sits because i have big hands but the distance to the wall is very long compared to the Agency. I want to find a trigger that has the same trigger position as the apex but with the wall farther forward so thst my first "stage" trigger pull isn't so long.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

BTL BRN
04-15-16, 12:23
I have three Agency triggers myself, after trying a few others I have settled on them as my favorite; more importantly I have seen a nice improvement at groups beyond 15 yards or so.

jahwarrior1423
04-16-16, 14:08
Has anyone tried the innovative gun fighter trigger?

JBarbaresi
04-16-16, 15:38
Overwatch Precision DATT triggers for days.
http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt176/jbarbaresi/Guns/IMG_20160410_110400_zps97jtfsxr.jpg (http://s609.photobucket.com/user/jbarbaresi/media/Guns/IMG_20160410_110400_zps97jtfsxr.jpg.html)

Texaspoff
04-17-16, 19:20
Overwatch Precision DATT triggers for days.
http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt176/jbarbaresi/Guns/IMG_20160410_110400_zps97jtfsxr.jpg (http://s609.photobucket.com/user/jbarbaresi/media/Guns/IMG_20160410_110400_zps97jtfsxr.jpg.html)

Im with ya on the Overwatch triggers. I have been running them for a while and hands down they are one one the best ones I have used. Absolutely no worries on safeties as they do not bypass any of them. I highly recommend them, without reservation. I try and keep a few around the shop for customers as well.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/Texaspoff/DSC_0020_zpssiuvwwck.jpg

TXPO

TacticalMark
04-17-16, 22:16
To the OP BlahBlah, Thanks for the thread and reviews. Very good write up

Achilles101
05-09-16, 13:20
Just installed Glock Kraft tactical trigger. I do love the trigger shoe, but trigger pull went up to 8.7 lbs
Maybe I should keep original trigger bar rather then the one came with the GK trigger.

JBarbaresi
05-09-16, 13:26
Just installed Glock Kraft tactical trigger. I do love the trigger shoe, but trigger pull went up to 8.7 lbs
Maybe I should keep original trigger bar rather then the one came with the GK trigger.

That's weird the trigger weight would have increased. Did you make sure the trigger spring is properly seated in the groove on the trigger bar?

Achilles101
05-09-16, 13:33
Yes, I made sure of that. Installed properly.

Cris_OverwatchPrecision
06-03-16, 10:18
I'm happy to get you another trigger out if we haven't done so already. Feel free to reach out whenever so that we can overnight you a replacement.

Achilles101
06-04-16, 07:55
Cris, I have sent you an email.

Thanks

hatred
07-24-16, 13:41
I ordered the TAC trigger, minus connector, and a 6lb Wolff trigger springs. Is all of this a straight drop in change? All of the reviews of GlockKraft stuff made me choose it over the Agency and Zev drop in kits. Would anything else improve/help out?

Thanks for any input and advice.

MountainRaven
07-24-16, 14:22
I've got the GlockKraft (Now the company is called Overwatch Precision due to expansion into other projects) in my Gen4 G19 and G17, with another coming for my G43 today. I absolutely love this trigger after having a few weeks of experience with it. In the past my favorite setup has been a Glock smooth face trigger/bar, 6lb trigger spring, RP striker safety spring, and either dot or standard connector depending on what gen it's going in.

Since installing the Overwatch Precision triggers I've found my preferred setup to only use the RP striker safety spring and dot connectors (both of my triggers are installed in Gen4 guns). I went back to the stock 5lb trigger spring because with the reduced pre-travel, I find the benefits of a more positive reset to outweigh the lighter pre-travel pull weight.

Who did the slide work?

JBarbaresi
07-24-16, 14:26
Who did the slide work?

Jagerwerks Engineering. I'm actually sending them another slide tomorrow for something a little different.

http://jagerwerkseng.com

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt176/jbarbaresi/Guns/IMG_20160617_193429_zpsgxrux040.jpg (http://s609.photobucket.com/user/jbarbaresi/media/Guns/IMG_20160617_193429_zpsgxrux040.jpg.html)

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt176/jbarbaresi/Guns/IMG_20160623_122249_zpsgfeomczt.jpg (http://s609.photobucket.com/user/jbarbaresi/media/Guns/IMG_20160623_122249_zpsgfeomczt.jpg.html)

GTF425
07-24-16, 14:32

**** the trigger!

Dat mustard stain.

black22rifle
08-01-16, 00:14
Do any of these triggers shorten the trigger reach?

hatred
08-01-16, 04:53
I installed the GlockKraft TAC trigger, the minus connector, and a 6lb Wolff trigger spring and it greatly reduced the trigger reach and mushy long pull that Glocks are known for. Will be putting several boxes through it this weekend.

sadmin
08-01-16, 08:19

Hi Matthew,

New roll pins in replacement trigger are showing no signs of movement. Replacement trigger now has 1000 rounds through it and zero issues.

BlahBlah
08-01-16, 11:24
I got a care package from IGFS today.

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/igfs_triggers.jpg

They sent me one of the standard Enhanced Duty Triggers (trigger, trigger bar and connector) and one of their polished Enhanced Duty Trigger kits (trigger, polished trigger bar, polished connector and polished striker safety plunger). I'll give them a go and let you know how they compare to the other triggers I have (and have tried).

Jmanwit
08-01-16, 22:35
Very excited about the! I didn't realize that the Polish version was available. If this review goes as well as I hope it does, that's the route I'm going to take!

Doc. Holiday
08-02-16, 09:27
Yes! Please keep us updated on these new triggers.

Big A
08-03-16, 13:52
Very excited about the! I didn't realize that the Polish version was available. If this review goes as well as I hope it does, that's the route I'm going to take!
Will a Polish version work in an Austrian gun?

Jmanwit
08-03-16, 13:53
Hahahaha

black22rifle
08-05-16, 01:04
I just got the overwatch precision (glockkraft) TAC trigger in today and I am quite pleased with it so far. I ordered the DAT, but they sent me the TAC by mistake. Rather than return it I just decided to go ahead and install it and I'm glad i did. The little hook on the end does a great job of making sure your trigger finger is consistently placed in the same location.

I decided to go with the glockkraft trigger because it was the only one that was stated to reduce the trigger reach. Couple that with a gen 4 Glock 19 for someone like me with small-medium sized hands it makes a big difference. For refference I have a very hard time pulling the DA pull on a beretta 92 because of the size of my hands.

The trigger feels like a two stage trigger now and my initial safety checks with an armorers back plate were good. With a takedown tool pressing down on the trigger bar it will not drop the striker with no pressure on the trigger or with the trigger being as far back as possible but stopped by the trigger safety. I could only drop it if the trigger was at the "wall" in the break.

BlahBlah
08-06-16, 15:48
Yeah. So, I installed the polished IGFS kit in a Gen 3 G19 this morning. Dry fire is... impressive. Smooth as Butta with a nice break. Having the overtravel stop built into the trigger shoe makes for a pretty short overall pull. Drop safety is functional, so no worries there.

Hoping to get some live fire in tomorrow. I'll update and post some pictures then.

BlahBlah
08-08-16, 09:20
I had a chance to install and play with the IGFS Enhanced Duty Trigger this weekend. I concentrated on the polished kit that they sent me, but I'll add info on the "regular" EDT as I get more time in with it. The polished kit includes the trigger mounted on a polished trigger bar, a polished factory "-" connector and a polished firing pin safety plunger. In addition to the polishing, the triggerbar is slightly re-profiled (on the bird's head) as is the safety plunger.

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/igfs_g19_1.jpg

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/igfs_g19_2.jpg

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/igfs_g19_3.jpg

The pull to the wall is very short. So short that I was initially worried about the drop safety being compromised. It did pass the drop safety tests with flying colors, though. There is plenty of crucifix on the drop safety ledge to keep things from going badly should your gun ever hit the deck.

The pull is also very smooth (the polishing job is mirror-like) and the break is crisp and not overly light (factory springs).

The over-travel stop built in to the trigger shoe makes the total pull nice and short.

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/igfs_g19_4.jpg

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/igfs_g19_5.jpg

NOTE: The trigger safety does go flush to the trigger face when pulled. It's just sticking out a bit in the picture above because of how I had my finger placed for the photo.

I didn't get as much live fire time as I would've liked, but so far it's a serious contender. Everyone knows I'm a big fan of the Overwatch Precision triggers, but this one is every bit as nice if not a bit better (the re-profiled bar and plunger make a slight but noticeable difference compared to the regular IGFS trigger).

I'm a big fan of the hooked flat triggers (Agency and Overwatch), but it didn't take long to acclimate to the IGFS. The face is nice and wide and the vertical serrations work without really being noticeable.

I have many more rounds to put down range before my final verdict, but I'm digging it so far.

Jmanwit
08-08-16, 13:07
This is definitely my top Contender right now for a replacement trigger.

black22rifle
08-09-16, 00:16
Does the IGFS trigger have a noticeably less amount of over travel compared to the overwatch?

K1tt3n5
08-09-16, 00:50
I don't see the polished kit on their site?

BlahBlah
08-09-16, 06:08
Does the IGFS trigger have a noticeably less amount of over travel compared to the overwatch?
Over travel? Yes. The IGFS triggers have a bit less over travel. Pre-travel feels similar. Maybe a tad shorter on the IGFS.

I don't see the polished kit on their site?
The polished kit should be on the website soon. I asked what the cost was going to be, and they said "under $200 for the kit."

Hot Sauce
08-09-16, 15:17
Over travel? Yes. The IGFS triggers have a bit less over travel. Pre-travel feels similar. Maybe a tad shorter on the IGFS.

The polished kit should be on the website soon. I asked what the cost was going to be, and they said "under $200 for the kit."

BlahBlah,

What is the difference between the Overwatch TAC and DAT? I don't really understand it by reading their website.

Also, side note, who did the stipple/undercut work on your Glock? It looks fantastic.

BlahBlah
08-09-16, 20:54
The TAC has the little hook on the end, the DAT doesn't. That's it. That's the only difference. Function is the same.

Sweaty Muddy Bloody did the grip work.

Hot Sauce
08-11-16, 19:11
Thanks dude. I think I also would like the hook better.

double dee
08-13-16, 18:33
Does anyone think there would be any issues with installing a TAC trigger shoe with a hsp skimmer?

bighawk
08-13-16, 19:36
Does anyone think there would be any issues with installing a TAC trigger shoe with a hsp skimmer?

I'm interested in this as well.. I might just order one and try it I will update if I do.

double dee
08-13-16, 21:50
I'm interested in this as well.. I might just order one and try it I will update if I do.

I just ordered one so we'll see

Jmanwit
08-14-16, 00:01

I would be concerned as the Skimmer (last I had heard) had some safety issues.

bighawk
08-14-16, 00:17
I just ordered one so we'll see

Thanks for being the guinea pig! Let us know how it works..

bighawk
08-14-16, 00:33
Thanks dude. I think I also would like the hook better.

I haven't shot it yet as I just installed it last night but I have the TAC trigger and I dry fired about 300 times last night and like it a lot. I've used a friends with the DAT trigger and much prefer the feel of the TAC.. Going to the range tomorrow to shoot it.

bighawk
08-14-16, 00:53
I would be concerned as the Skimmer (last I had heard) had some safety issues.

My skimmer has no safety issues whatsoever. I'm not sure if they made minor changes to newer ones however I've bent over backwards to get it to disengage the safety mechanism and it goes click every time I pick it up and pull the trigger.

Jmanwit
08-14-16, 01:16
My skimmer has no safety issues whatsoever. I'm not sure if they made minor changes to newer ones however I've bent over backwards to get it to disengage the safety mechanism and it goes click every time I pick it up and pull the trigger.

Then it appears they've been fixed. Which is great.

bighawk
08-14-16, 01:18
Then it appears they've been fixed. Which is great.

I can't guarantee that I'm just saying I've been unable to duplicate the issues that seemed to be happening early on.

AFshirt
08-15-16, 06:50
I tried the over watch precision tac trigger based on this thread and I must say it helped in my opinion. During normal square range shooting no issues but when doing fast point shooting drill I found myself not getting enough finger on the trigger and would group left. The tac trigger forces a straight pull regardless. It passes the drop test every time. The school I work for teaches to not modify your gun unless it is necessary. I almost shelved the Glock for a vp9 since with that HK model there were no issues but now gonna keep the 19.

rabidravens
08-15-16, 10:06
Previous post was by 3 year old daughter. I did just purchase a TAC trigger and install it in one of my 19's. I cannot wait to try it at the range.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BlahBlah
08-15-16, 13:51
I would be leery of mixing and matching. The Skimmer uses modified factory parts designed to work with each other to achieve what it does. The Overwatch trigger (most of the flat triggers, really) are designed to work with factory trigger parts to achieve what they do. If the Skimmer uses a modified trigger bar to reduce travel, and then you add in an Overwatch trigger shoe that's designed to reduce travel, you might end up stacking your tolerances right into an unsafe trigger.

Does that make sense?

I mean, you can still try it, but I would definitely test the safeties. A lot.

bighawk
08-15-16, 16:33
I would be leery of mixing and matching. The Skimmer uses modified factory parts designed to work with each other to achieve what it does. The Overwatch trigger (most of the flat triggers, really) are designed to work with factory trigger parts to achieve what they do. If the Skimmer uses a modified trigger bar to reduce travel, and then you add in an Overwatch trigger shoe that's designed to reduce travel, you might end up stacking your tolerances right into an unsafe trigger.

Does that make sense?

I mean, you can still try it, but I would definitely test the safeties. A lot.

I tested the hell out of my skimmer before carrying it as I will do again when I put the TAC trigger shoe on there. But I'm gonna give it a shot and if it's not safe I'll throw it on another glock with non modified factory parts in it

nml
08-15-16, 20:53
You use a orange backplate and push down on the trigger bar with armorer tool. You don't need to drop it 50 times. There is thread with videos I believe Rob IIRC.

BlahBlah
08-16-16, 06:03
You use a orange backplate and push down on the trigger bar with armorer tool. You don't need to drop it 50 times. There is thread with videos I believe Rob IIRC.
I posted a video early in this thread that shows how to check the drop safety without an armorer's plate.

Jmanwit
08-19-16, 15:55
BlahBlah, any more updates as to the IGFS EDT performance?

BlahBlah
08-19-16, 20:36
I'm shooting a match with it on Sunday, but in the live and dry fire I've done so far, I really like it.

Jmanwit
09-01-16, 01:04
BlahBlah, how did the match go? Did the trigger perform admirably?

BlahBlah
09-01-16, 10:59
The trigger was flawless. So much so that I'm keeping it in that gun and running it for the rest of our club season. I should get quite a few more rounds (live and dry fire) on it.

I let a couple other people try it (some Glock guys, some not Glock guys) and everyone said the same thing. "Man. That's really nice!"

I don't have as many rounds through the non-polished version of the IGFS, but I can say that the polished kit is definitely a winner.

Jmanwit
09-01-16, 12:38
That cinches it. I've found the trigger for my pistol! Keep us all updated!

J_C_S
09-01-16, 12:57
The trigger was flawless. So much so that I'm keeping it in that gun and running it for the rest of our club season. I should get quite a few more rounds (live and dry fire) on it.

I let a couple other people try it (some Glock guys, some not Glock guys) and everyone said the same thing. "Man. That's really nice!"

I don't have as many rounds through the non-polished version of the IGFS, but I can say that the polished kit is definitely a winner.

I'm not seeing an option for a polished or unpolished trigger on their website?

Do you like this better than agency and over watch precision?

Jmanwit
09-01-16, 13:08
From what I understand, the polished version will be available online shortly, under $200.

BlahBlah
09-01-16, 13:39
Yes. IGFS said the polished kit will be available shortly, for under $200 (polished/reprofiled trigger bar with trigger shoe, polished "-" connector and polished/reprofiled striker safety plunger).

They sent me the normal trigger kit and the polished kit. The normal one seems about even with the Overwatch (just pick which one you like the looks of), but the polished kit just adds enough to push it out to the front of the pack.

For reference, my guns with the Agency, Apex, Overwatch and the "normal" IGFS triggers all have Apex striker safety plungers and factory "-" connectors in them.

awdxtc
09-19-16, 20:37
So igfs or overwatch?

bighawk
09-19-16, 20:49
I've got the Overwatch TAC trigger in both my 19 and 17 that I carry and each have a few hundred rounds on them so far and are awesome triggers.

Jmanwit
09-19-16, 21:01
Overwatch, IGFS, Apex or Agency

BlahBlah
09-20-16, 06:02
So igfs or overwatch?
Either. Pick which one looks the best to you. Functionality is pretty similar.

J_C_S
09-20-16, 08:17
Have there been any extensive round counts put on these triggers? Like 5,000 rounds plus?

misfit47
09-22-16, 09:51
Thanks for using your $ to test these out! I recently got a gen 4 G34 and am on the hunt for a new trigger.

J_C_S
09-22-16, 21:01
Thought I would share this video on aftermarket triggers and the safeties being disabled.
https://youtu.be/QJRXZwslXoE
Interestingly the DAT trigger is the one that functions like the op has stated. I'm curious which one it is that fails. It says "SI" on it. Salient arms international?

Jmanwit
09-22-16, 21:20
SI = Suarez International

J_C_S
09-22-16, 21:51
SI = Suarez International

Thanks!

BlahBlah
09-23-16, 19:18
Thought I would share this video on aftermarket triggers and the safeties being disabled.
https://youtu.be/QJRXZwslXoE
Interestingly the DAT trigger is the one that functions like the op has stated. I'm curious which one it is that fails. It says "SI" on it. Salient arms international?
Gabe was one of the first people with a flat Glock trigger on the market. The original had a really nice, short pull, but the drop safety was compromised. He redesigned it and released a "Gen 2", but it was the same situation. He started making changes to the bird's head part of the trigger bar (Gen 3?), but still insisted that everything was good-to-go with all of his triggers (which I proved to myself was NOT the case with the Gen 1 and Gen 2 "Patrol" triggers I had). There are so many good, safe options now, I have no desire to try a Suarez trigger again personally.

He has quite the devoted following, though. I wonder how many of them are carrying unsafe Glocks every day.

daniel87
09-23-16, 19:28
Gabe was one of the first people with a flat Glock trigger on the market. The original had a really nice, short pull, but the drop safety was compromised. He redesigned it and released a "Gen 2", but it was the same situation. He started making changes to the bird's head part of the trigger bar (Gen 3?), but still insisted that everything was good-to-go with all of his triggers (which I proved to myself was NOT the case with the Gen 1 and Gen 2 "Patrol" triggers I had). There are so many good, safe options now, I have no desire to try a Suarez trigger again personally.

He has quite the devoted following, though. I wonder how many of them are carrying unsafe Glocks every day.
On a different forum after a split....

Deus ex machina. The makers are on youtube. They make sense.

Its on my short list .

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

misfit47
09-23-16, 19:39
Played with an agency arms equipped 19 at the lgs and was under whelmed. Looks sweet but tells another tale when you squeeze it.

J_C_S
09-23-16, 21:42
I ordered the DAT, minus connector and extra power spring tonight. They had free shipping as well. Pretty excited to try it out.

Jmanwit
09-24-16, 00:14
So BlahBlah, for clarity:

Apex, Agency, Overwatch and Innovative Gunfighter Solutions all make good to go triggers.

Suarez and Deus Ex Machina do not.

Is the above correct?

Of the good-to-go triggers, what "Rank" would you put them in?

BlahBlah
09-25-16, 07:19
So BlahBlah, for clarity:

Apex, Agency, Overwatch and Innovative Gunfighter Solutions all make good to go triggers.

Suarez and Deus Ex Machina do not.

Is the above correct?

Of the good-to-go triggers, what "Rank" would you put them in?
I'll put this disclaimer first... I have not tried the absolute latest versions of the Suarez, DEM or Overwatch triggers (NP3 coated bars and connectors).

Of the ones on your list that I have used, I would rank them like this:

1. iGFS polished kit (not sure it's even available yet)

2. Tie - Just pick the one with the look and price that you like.
Overwatch DAT v2
Overwatch Tactical
IGFS regular kit

3. Tie - Similar to factory trigger pull with an improved trigger shoe
Apex
Agency

Heavy D
10-20-16, 06:59
I might have missed it but have you tested the SSVI trigger yet. I know the shoe technically isn't straight but it does have a straight feel and is more so than the factory trigger. I was just wondering what your thought s on that trigger were.

D_M
10-20-16, 13:12
So the Apex Trigger is good to go, if I ONLY want to change the trigger shoe?

I don't want to change the trigger bars, but I like the fact that the Apex comes with an OEM trigger bar and not a modified one.

contax_shooter
10-21-16, 20:21
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5520/30391266851_5e9e74d106_b.jpg

DAT trigger down today after a handgun course.

awdxtc
10-21-16, 21:43
Damn that sucks

amac
10-22-16, 07:15
Blah blah, have you tried or do you have any experience with Glock Triggers? They don't have a flat face trigger, but have been offering drop-in triggers for 7 years. I had a long talk yesterday and learned they use OEM parts. I'm assuming they upgrade the spring quality and polish everything up. At $160 they have to do something that improves the OEM parts, right?

J_C_S
10-22-16, 09:09
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5520/30391266851_5e9e74d106_b.jpg

DAT trigger down today after a handgun course.

What was the round count like on it?

contax_shooter
10-22-16, 10:08
About 1,000 rounds

Doc. Holiday
10-23-16, 14:00
Dang, so what happened? Just turned to a mushy trigger?

J_C_S
10-30-16, 07:32
I bought the Overwatch trigger a few weeks ago and got the np3 coated minus connector as well. I have over 1000 dry fire trigger pulls on it now and only around 200 live fire rounds. I must say it's a really awesome trigger.

contax_shooter
10-30-16, 08:02
Dang, so what happened? Just turned to a mushy trigger?

This was after shooting about 500 rounds during an outdoor course where there was intermittent heavy rain throughout the day. It happened to break when I removed the slide and reset the trigger forward when I heard an unusual click. They've already sent a replacement out and mentioned that was a known issue from that batch: I purchased mine in February 2016.

Alex V
11-02-16, 08:33
Tried to go through all 200+ posts and I am not sure if I missed it; do any of these triggers reduce pull weight like the Apex trigger for the M&P?

J_C_S
11-02-16, 09:13
Tried to go through all 200+ posts and I am not sure if I missed it; do any of these triggers reduce pull weight like the Apex trigger for the M&P?

I have the Overwatch trigger with their connector and trigger return spring and it does lighten the pull weight.

clarkz71
11-02-16, 10:07
I have the Overwatch trigger with their connector and trigger return spring and it does lighten the pull weight.

Any chance you measured the actual pull weight ?

Obagual
11-13-16, 10:00
After reading all 22 pages of this thread, I was set on purchasing the Overwatch trigger. I then saw the post of them saying "it was a known issue with that batch." Now, I may go with Apex as I haven't heard of any issues with them.
Great thread! Thanks for everyones input.

SSVi
11-19-16, 09:47
Hey guys this is Damon with SSVi, I understand you guys have a lot of questions regarding the Tyr trigger. I'll be out of town until late tomorrow, but feel free to field your questions here and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Cheers.

D

MWT
11-19-16, 15:42
After reading all 22 pages of this thread, I was set on purchasing the Overwatch trigger. I then saw the post of them saying "it was a known issue with that batch." Now, I may go with Apex as I haven't heard of any issues with them.
Great thread! Thanks for everyones input.

FWIW, I have over 1k rounds through my Glock 19 Gen 4 with the Apex trigger and polished plunger with no problems.

MStarmer
11-19-16, 15:57
FWIW, I have over 1k rounds through my Glock 19 Gen 4 with the Apex trigger and polished plunger with no problems.

That's my thought too, I'm waiting on a red one from Brownell's, I was hoping it would be here today but no joy. Mine's going in a range only gun so I'm pairing it with the ZEV spring kit to get a hopefully reliable and light trigger in this particular G19. Even with a "-" connector it's horrible. Plus I wanted the red cool factor if that counts for anything.

SSVi
11-21-16, 17:26
Also, I know you guys are all looking at flat/vertical style triggers, I just wanted to throw it out there that the Tyr trigger is currently 20% this week through the weekend if anyone is looking to put one through the paces.
Cheers.

D

MStarmer
11-21-16, 17:49
My Apex came today, paired it with the Apex plunger for good measure and a Zev reduced power striker spring. Range gun only so no worries on light strikes.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg68/mstarmer/IMG_0956.jpg (http://s245.photobucket.com/user/mstarmer/media/IMG_0956.jpg.html)

Up1911fan
11-22-16, 22:48
Also, I know you guys are all looking at flat/vertical style triggers, I just wanted to throw it out there that the Tyr trigger is currently 20% this week through the weekend if anyone is looking to put one through the paces.
Cheers.

D

Is there a code for the discount?

SSVi
11-22-16, 22:52
Crap, yep! Discount code CYBERWEEK

Biggy
11-22-16, 23:53
* For me * the new Overwatch Precision Falx trigger, is *by a long shot*, the most comfortable aftermarket Glock trigger I have ever used . I get absolutely no trigger finger irritation at all. In my stock Gen 4 G19 the trigger take up, reset and break are all pretty close to ideal * for me*, for a carry pistol. I would not want to go more than maybe one pound lighter on the break. The price on the trigger is not cheap, but *to me* it is worth it.

Up1911fan
11-23-16, 22:25
Crap, yep! Discount code CYBERWEEK

Thanks, ordered one to try.

YVK
11-25-16, 00:54
Any of these straight triggers come attached to a Gen4 trigger bar?

black22rifle
11-25-16, 01:34
Does anyone have more info on this "bad batch"?

J_C_S
11-28-16, 12:02
https://www.customglockbarrels.com/index.php?main_page=page_3

Here's a very interesting article put out by dem on their triggers not being drop safe.

johnnyrebel87
11-29-16, 07:31
Has anyone contacted SI about their trigger? They actually push one as a patrol trigger.

par-archer
12-27-16, 13:24
Got my tac trigger and a ghost 3.5# dissconnector. The NP3 will ship later when in stock. I have about 200 rounds so far and about 100 dry fires too. So far I dig it.

nightchief
12-27-16, 16:54
I installed the Overwatch trigger in my G17...trigger safety does not work properly on mine as the trigger can be depressed without engaging the safety. Has anyone else encountered this issue. I have not contacted Overwatch Precision yet.
NC

Wake27
12-27-16, 18:16
I installed the Overwatch trigger in my G17...trigger safety does not work properly on mine as the trigger can be depressed without engaging the safety. Has anyone else encountered this issue. I have not contacted Overwatch Precision yet.
NC

You probably should. Even though you didn't start a new thread for it, forum rules are to contact a manufacturer first for any problems like this. Is anything else in your trigger group aftermarket and how many rounds do you have through the gun?

nightchief
12-27-16, 20:22
You probably should. Even though you didn't start a new thread for it, forum rules are to contact a manufacturer first for any problems like this. Is anything else in your trigger group aftermarket and how many rounds do you have through the gun?

I will contact them tomorrow. Nothing else aftermarket in the fire control.
Guessing 3500-4000 rds.

Wake27
12-28-16, 11:52
I had been avoiding this thread for a while. I don't mind the trigger on my Glock too much, even though I have the full apex setup in my M&P and my 1911 got a tune from SACS. Ever since listening to the Roland Special podcast a few weeks ago though, I've been itching to continue the mods on the 19. After reading this whole thread yesterday, then seeing all of the positive reviews on their website and Facebook, I ordered the OP TAC yesterday. Their military discount is awesome and they applied it to my account in 2-3 hours. Shipping was free and its in the mail about 12 hours later. I'm stoked.

Wake27
01-03-17, 08:46
My Overwatch Precision trigger came in sooner than expected. I don't have a lot of time with it obviously, but I am surprised with how much movement there is after the wall. To be fair, I didn't really look for it in my last trigger, but it is significantly more noticeable than I had hoped. Trigger shoe feels great though.

Yojimbo
01-03-17, 09:35
* For me * the new Overwatch Precision Falx trigger, is *by a long shot*, the most comfortable aftermarket Glock trigger I have ever used . I get absolutely no trigger finger irritation at all. In my stock Gen 4 G19 the trigger take up, reset and break are all pretty close to ideal * for me*, for a carry pistol. I would not want to go more than maybe one pound lighter on the break. The price on the trigger is not cheap, but *to me* it is worth it.

The FalX trigger looks very interesting to me. Does it also reduce the trigger reach like the flat Tactical triggers they sell?

Biggy
01-03-17, 12:46
The FalX trigger looks very interesting to me. Does it also reduce the trigger reach like the flat Tactical triggers they sell?

I would say it reduces trigger reach of a Gen 4 G19 by .080" of an inch.

Wake27
01-07-17, 01:37
I will contact them tomorrow. Nothing else aftermarket in the fire control.
Guessing 3500-4000 rds.

Any update?

I'm still trying to figure out why there is so much creep in mine. The take up is great, then I hit the wall, then I have to keep pulling an unusual amount before it breaks. I believe they recommend the dot connector, but I don't know why a 3.5 Ghost would be causing that issue. Anyone have ideas?

nightchief
01-07-17, 01:46
I emailed Overwatch and they sent me RMA same day...my lazy butt is still trying to get it boxed up to send back to them though. Will put in the mail today when I awaken. O.P. said they would send a new one once they get this one. I noticed a lot of "after travel" on the trigger in mine. Is this what you mean when you say "creep"? I was using an OEM connector.

Any update?

I'm still trying to figure out why there is so much creep in mine. The take up is great, then I hit the wall, then I have to keep pulling an unusual amount before it breaks. I believe they recommend the dot connector, but I don't know why a 3.5 Ghost would be causing that issue. Anyone have ideas?

Wake27
01-07-17, 01:53
I emailed Overwatch and they sent me RMA same day...my lazy butt is still trying to get it boxed up to send back to them though. Will put in the mail today when I awaken. O.P. said they would send a new one once they get this one. I noticed a lot of "after travel" on the trigger in mine. Is this what you mean when you say "creep"? I was using an OEM connector.

I'm talking about the movement between hitting the wall and it actually breaking. The initial slack take up to the wall feels great and the wall is very noticeable, but the break sucks. I'm kind of bummed and am trying to figure out what may cause that. Hopefully its one of the aftermarket mods done to the gun that I can easily change.

YVK
01-07-17, 09:26
Any update?

1. Some people actually prefer and look for that roll during the break. Don't know if Overwatch folks are some of those and specifically design their trigger that way.

2. My experience is that it is more pronounced with lighter break connectors irrespective of their brand. Put a regular or dot connector in and see how it feels.

Wake27
01-07-17, 11:54
1. Some people actually prefer and look for that roll during the break. Don't know if Overwatch folks are some of those and specifically design their trigger that way.

2. My experience is that it is more pronounced with lighter break connectors irrespective of their brand. Put a regular or dot connector in and see how it feels.

Did last night. I didn't think I still had the dot connector until I went looking. Significantly better trigger pull now. Not quite on the level of my M&P, but that has Apex everything so I wouldn't really expect it. I see why people like the TAC now.

J_C_S
01-07-17, 12:32
I would highly recommend spending the extra $27 and getting the np3 coated minus connector that Overwatch sells. It's such a good trigger for a glock.

Wake27
01-22-17, 15:26
I would highly recommend spending the extra $27 and getting the np3 coated minus connector that Overwatch sells. It's such a good trigger for a glock.

I'm on the notification list for when they come back in stock. Might as well.

sasage
01-26-17, 20:55
Can someone compare the SSvi and Overwatch Falx please?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

johnnywitt
02-20-17, 13:29
FWIW - This is how my two main G19s are currently configured (pardon the dog hair, this was pre-cleaning).

http://www.vomschmidthaus.com/img/g19_stuff/goto_19s.jpg

The Apex trigger is installed in the G17 that lives under the bed. ;)

What Magwell is that?

davidjinks
02-23-17, 05:23
Question for the OP:

Doing some reading, I came across a post on TOS in regards to the Glockcraft flat trigger.

Basically the trigger safety broke and made the gun inoperable. There was banter about it being an "older" version of the trigger that had the safety tab improperly drilled.

In your experience have you seen/heard/experienced this? Was this just a fluke or was there an issue with the original GC flat triggers in this area.

FWIW, the gun in question was a Lonewolf frame with a Glock upper (IIRC).

contax_shooter
02-23-17, 06:48
Question for the OP:

Doing some reading, I came across a post on TOS in regards to the Glockcraft flat trigger.

Basically the trigger safety broke and made the gun inoperable. There was banter about it being an "older" version of the trigger that had the safety tab improperly drilled.

In your experience have you seen/heard/experienced this? Was this just a fluke or was there an issue with the original GC flat triggers in this area.

FWIW, the gun in question was a Lonewolf frame with a Glock upper (IIRC).
Mine broke at around 1k rounds, it was purchased 02/16. They quickly sent a new one but I haven't had a chance to put many more rounds through the replacement.

davidjinks
02-23-17, 07:09
Thank you for this information.

If you wouldn't mind; did the safety tab break where they drilled it? What kind of shooting was being done I.E. range, class, running the gun hard etc.?

Mine broke at around 1k rounds, it was purchased 02/16. They quickly sent a new one but I haven't had a chance to put many more rounds through the replacement.