PDA

View Full Version : colts lifetime warranty

ballsout
08-02-08, 17:07
Does Colt still offer a lifetime warranty? I noticed there is a Colt Defense and a Colt Manufacturing. In my Colt Defense safety and instruction manual it states

"Colt products will be serviced for a period of one year from the date of retail purchase, for defects in materials or workmanship, at no charge to the purchaser." :confused:

However on the Colt Manufacturing website I can easily find lifetime warranty. Does Colt defense not offer lifetime warranty?

:confused::confused::confused:

DarrinD
08-02-08, 17:59
I haven't heard anything to indicate they DON'T still offer lifetime warranties, but I'm mainly posting so I can follow the thread if something weird at Colt has. However, if you have bought a product that was given a lifetime warranty, Colt (or anyone else) would have to honor that even if they did change their warranty for future products.

ballsout
08-02-08, 18:34
Well in the booklet for my new LE6920 it states a year. I'm wondering if Colt Defense is different from Colt Manufacturing that they can have different policies.

Church of Dirt
08-02-08, 18:57
my 2008 le6920 booklet states the same one year warranty as well.so im sure its just one year,but i hope its for a lifetime!

GONIF
08-02-08, 19:01
crazy isn't it . :eek:

Devil_Dog
08-03-08, 15:51
Do wiper blades come with a lifetime warranty?

My point is a weapon is an item that is designed to be used, and in doing so will wear and parts will need replacing. Just like brake pads, wiper blades, etc. i.e. BCG, bolts, springs, barrels if you shoot enough. And if you can afford that much ammo, IMO you can afford the replacement parts.

So I wouldn't worry about the lifetime warranty.

ballsout
08-03-08, 18:13
Do wiper blades come with a lifetime warranty?

My point is a weapon is an item that is designed to be used, and in doing so will wear and parts will need replacing. Just like brake pads, wiper blades, etc. i.e. BCG, bolts, springs, barrels if you shoot enough. And if you can afford that much ammo, IMO you can afford the replacement parts.

So I wouldn't worry about the lifetime warranty.

I was simply just wondering if there is a lifetime warranty or not. Everybody says lifetime warranty and its even on Rob_s chart.

Bimmer
08-03-08, 20:25

Springfield Armory has a lifetime warranty, and they seem to stand by it. I don't think they'd replace shot-out barrels under warranty, but in my own experience and from what I've heard from others they're quite willing to fix malfunctions.

If a customer wears out BCGs, bolts, springs, etc., then he's probably a good customer, and the MANUFACTURER can afford the replacement parts.

Ben

Nastynewt
08-03-08, 22:44
I was simply just wondering if there is a lifetime warranty or not. Everybody says lifetime warranty and its even on Rob_s chart.

The chart has been wrong before.

ksa464
08-03-08, 22:57

Really. What was wrong with it?

rob_s
08-04-08, 07:08

Yes it has, and it will be again. Things change, manufacturers change the way they do things, change warranty periods, etc.

All someone has to do to get the chart changed is follow the rules at the top of the first post.

Or they can stand around, stomp their feet, and cry like a little girl and wish that it would change (or wish that they actually knew what they were talking about).

I'll give you one guess as to which way will get a faster response. ;)

markm
08-04-08, 08:15
If a lifetime warrantee is important to you, buy an OLYMPIC ARMS.

Nevermind that they won't honor it when the shit is wrong. You'll still have the lifetime warrantee. And you can't put a price on that kind of peace of mind!

Warrantee is of ZERO concern when I buy a firearm.

AllAmerican
08-04-08, 09:33
I think most lifetime warranties are conditional, and do not cover natural wear and tear, which makes sense. I think the warranty is to protect the consumer from defects like cracked forgings or defective barrels from manufacturing processes....

b_saan
08-04-08, 11:20
Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.

Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.

Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.

Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.

Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
[chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing too]

Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?

Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.

Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?

Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

Ted Nelson, Customer: [pause] Okay, I'll buy from you.
And there it is... ;)

Bimmer
08-04-08, 11:28
If a lifetime warrantee is important to you, buy an OLYMPIC ARMS.

Nevermind that they won't honor it when the shit is wrong. You'll still have the lifetime warrantee. And you can't put a price on that kind of peace of mind!

Warrantee is of ZERO concern when I buy a firearm.

I'm not saying that a warranty is a reason to pick one brand over another.
I'm just saying that it IS plausible that Colt DOES offer a lifetime warranty (and stand by it), given the example of Springfield.
Yes, Springfield has had some QC issues, but most of their rifles are trouble-free, and they tend to do a good job of making problems right when they crop up.
It IS a bit of peace of mind to know that you can send a weapon back to its maker if you have a problem with it.

Ben