PDA

View Full Version : T1 Or T2 and a few other questions

bigjack7440
10-27-15, 23:07
Sorry if this is in the wrong place as I didn't see a sub forum for optics ??

So as you may or may not know I've been somewhat active on the Vortex Sparc2 thread And I really do like that optic . I'm building a (to me ) upper end 14.5 AR15 and it will be for my sons secret Christmas gift . He will use it for home defense and he's recently started going to the range with his buddies and trying to compete with them with his PSA 16" $550 AR15 with Magpul $65 BUIS . He's having fun but he's getting beat up pretty good at 100yrds but hell he's trying lol. So I'm building him a lightweight 14.5 AR15 . So far I have order a BCM BHF Enhanced lightweight 14.5 upper with MOD1 MD M4 ch and BCM BCG . I hope that upper will help with his 100yrd groups . He learned how to operate in the USMC so he's a great shooter . Now let's get to the point , I'd like to get your feedback on witch Aimpoint I should consider getting him . The T1 2moa or the T2 2 moa? And why is that I see operators buying ( I'm guessing ) as many t1 as The T2 ? Is it price or is there something about the T1 that certain operator like vs T2 ?
I have both and I like the T2 a kill better and I guess I'd buy another T2 simply because it's the newest version in that line up of 2moa micro optics from Aimpoint . Now the reasoning have the T1 is it came with a AR15 I bought 2 years ago and the T2 I bought new a few months ago when I bought a new KAC SR15 MOD2 .
The vortex Sparc2 I got to try after reading the issue of Recoil with the review in it and I just had to try one and there well worth $189 . But I want the best I can afford for my sons weapon .
So what are the biggest differences in the T1 and T2 that you guys are familiar with and why would you buy the T1 when the T2 is the newest version / latest & greatest ?
And just in case it comes up his lower will be either a bcm or a gen3 Noveske either way the lower will have a SSA-E , 45* BAD safety and I'm still undecided on the stock . I really need to start 4 post lolo
What lower
What optic
What STOCK ( seriously lol)

Thanks and I'd also like to say thanks for having me here and this a GREAT place to learn and get serious answers without grown men trying to make a guy like me feel like a dumb ass ever time I ask a question simply because I'm not as experienced as most with weapons .
Anyway THANKS M4 and a big shout out to GRANT !!

Sent from my rocket ship using
My cell'y

wilson1911
10-28-15, 01:08
I'm going to say it first, there is an optics section, just scroll down from the main menu.

Do some searches from the top right hand corner.

T2 is like 1% better than a T1. Just get a 2 moa version. Nothing wrong with a t1 since it will be cheaper.

magpul CTR stock, pick a color.

The combat trigger is what I would reccomend from geissle, I use SD-C. Its almost the same. A tad heavier.

keymod is the future.

Your son is not good enough to notice the difference between a 16 and a 14.5. It's marginal. 1.5" less is not going to turn you into a shooting ninja. But it will keep you or him from buying a brake to put on it later. So what is so bad about the PSA weapon ? They run great.

If you really want to impress your son. Get him a new gun. BCM and Noveske are both great, Noveske is just sexier with the flared magwell, I wish all ar's had this. I have had several BCM upper/Noveske lower guns, not one problem.

Buy a used T1 off the exchange here.
Buy 4 cases of ammo NO steel core (optional)
Buy him a carbine class from LAV, Costa, etc....one of the well known guys. He will learn much.

This would leave him speechless. He will always remember this one.

Money does not seem to be a hindrance it seems.
It will give him a few months to get ready for a class, lots of stuff to buy for it.

Iraqgunz
10-28-15, 02:39
https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?13-Optics-amp-Mounts

Sorry if this is in the wrong place as I didn't see a sub forum for optics ??

So as you may or may not know I've been somewhat active on the Vortex Sparc2 thread And I really do like that optic . I'm building a (to me ) upper end 14.5 AR15 and it will be for my sons secret Christmas gift . He will use it for home defense and he's recently started going to the range with his buddies and trying to compete with them with his PSA 16" $550 AR15 with Magpul $65 BUIS . He's having fun but he's getting beat up pretty good at 100yrds but hell he's trying lol. So I'm building him a lightweight 14.5 AR15 . So far I have order a BCM BHF Enhanced lightweight 14.5 upper with MOD1 MD M4 ch and BCM BCG . I hope that upper will help with his 100yrd groups . He learned how to operate in the USMC so he's a great shooter . Now let's get to the point , I'd like to get your feedback on witch Aimpoint I should consider getting him . The T1 2moa or the T2 2 moa? And why is that I see operators buying ( I'm guessing ) as many t1 as The T2 ? Is it price or is there something about the T1 that certain operator like vs T2 ?
I have both and I like the T2 a kill better and I guess I'd buy another T2 simply because it's the newest version in that line up of 2moa micro optics from Aimpoint . Now the reasoning have the T1 is it came with a AR15 I bought 2 years ago and the T2 I bought new a few months ago when I bought a new KAC SR15 MOD2 .
The vortex Sparc2 I got to try after reading the issue of Recoil with the review in it and I just had to try one and there well worth $189 . But I want the best I can afford for my sons weapon .
So what are the biggest differences in the T1 and T2 that you guys are familiar with and why would you buy the T1 when the T2 is the newest version / latest & greatest ?
And just in case it comes up his lower will be either a bcm or a gen3 Noveske either way the lower will have a SSA-E , 45* BAD safety and I'm still undecided on the stock . I really need to start 4 post lolo
What lower
What optic
What STOCK ( seriously lol)

Thanks and I'd also like to say thanks for having me here and this a GREAT place to learn and get serious answers without grown men trying to make a guy like me feel like a dumb ass ever time I ask a question simply because I'm not as experienced as most with weapons .
Anyway THANKS M4 and a big shout out to GRANT !!

My cell'y

bigjack7440
10-28-15, 02:44
Oh shit it's under "Tactical"
Wouldn't ever guessed that .
Anyway yeh IMHO the T1 is 99% as good as the T2 just wondering what others thought .
And the CTR I have on a 16" sucks , it wobbles and I hate that .
The upper I bought is a Factory built BCM BFH with KMR With mod1 gunfighter . If he wants to try other MD that's no big deal I have all the tools to change to whatever he wants to try but from the BCM I've had a chance to run I love the mod1 and he mentioned he like it also the day we ran his uncles .
PSA is 60 miles from us and buy lots of parts from there and my 1st AR was a upper with FN chf 16" and it ran great but this $500 complete PSA ar will not shoot nearly as good as that one and will not come close to the groups my Noveske will or the KAC.
And he was in the USMC for 8 yrs and the last 5 he was a weapons instructor so he teaches me .
He had some really great weapons but he went threw a divorce and well need I say more .
I am going to buy a Noveske n4 lower with ssa-e with 45* bad safety
Thanks for your help

My cell'y

RIDE
10-28-15, 08:08
Are you aware that the 14.5" uppers have pinned muzzle devices on them to extend there total barrel length to 16"+ in order to comply with federal law?

samuse
10-28-15, 08:52
The BCM ELW uppers are super light, I would definitely go with a 16".

Barrel accuracy is not going to be noticeably different than the PSA he's shooting now. The ELWs are so light and balanced that they're actually a little difficult to shoot accurately compared to a heavier gun with a weight bias toward the front.

I think the T2 is worth it over the T1 because the optical quality is better.

There's a million stocks out there. I think the Magpul MOE SL is about the best yet for the type of gun that wears a red dot.

HCrum87hc
10-28-15, 09:10
Wish my dad was in the business of buying me BCM uppers/lowers and Aimpoints. Like a few of the others, I've learned the hard way that a pinned 14.5" barrel isn't worth the little bit of length and weight you get back over a 16" barrel. If your CTR rattles, it or the buffer tube may be out of spec. My CTR, and others I've used, are solid as a rock with the friction lock engaged. If you're going for a light stock, you can check out the MFT minimalist. As far as the optic, you won't go wrong with the T1 or T2. I'd probably opt for the T1 at this point in time.

cop1211
10-28-15, 11:48
Get an H1, same as a T1, except no night vision, H1 will be less expensive.

Wake27
10-28-15, 11:57
If there's a chance you may use a magnifier, T-2. The T-1 I have sucks behind a magnifier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drtywk
10-28-15, 12:30
My daughter runs an R-1 on her BCM and I have a mix of R-1's, T-1's, and T-2 on all my carbines. If I had to do it all over again on my daughters gun, I would have put an H-1 or H-2 for hers, but since I already had the R-1 it was a no brainer. Save yourself some coin and get an H-1 and dump the balance into some ammo. As it was said above, I would get a 16" gun before I bought the 14.5" because you can freely swap muzzle devices on the 16", unlike having to pin one on the 14.5" and hope that your son will actually like the one you picked for him.

bigjack7440
10-28-15, 14:28
My daughter runs an R-1 on her BCM and I have a mix of R-1's, T-1's, and T-2 on all my carbines. If I had to do it all over again on my daughters gun, I would have put an H-1 or H-2 for hers, but since I already had the R-1 it was a no brainer. Save yourself some coin and get an H-1 and dump the balance into some ammo. As it was said above, I would get a 16" gun before I bought the 14.5" because you can freely swap muzzle devices on the 16", unlike having to pin one on the 14.5" and hope that your son will actually like the one you picked for him.

Thank you for your post .
14.5 is not the question here :
But there's a few mentions of the 14.5 ELW upper and as far as that goes he and I both have operated This same upper with mod1 GF MD and with a surefire and with the lantac ( did I spell that right ?) and we all agreed we like the mod1 gf the best . He's got a few hundred rounds with the MOD1 GF and the surefire so that's what he's said he's wanted over and over . And if he ever wants to change it I'll send it back to bcm or our gunsmith that has 35yrs as a gunsmith and does a lot of ARbuilds and mods and oh yeh he's my brother law . So it's 14.5 .
Now getting back to optic , yes I see the H1 but hell the T2 combo is only $50 . Have you ever used a magnifier with the H1 .
Very good post and excatly what I was asking about and to the point . Thank you for your post .

bigjack7440
10-28-15, 14:31
Are you aware that the 14.5" uppers have pinned muzzle devices on them to extend there total barrel length to 16"+ in order to comply with federal law?

YES !!! lolo
But thanks

Nightstalker865
10-28-15, 19:17
Go with the T2 and a good mount. Just do it right the first time and forget it. I wouldn't dump a T1 to buy a T2, but if I were starting from scratch I would buy a T2 hands down.

bigjack7440
10-28-15, 20:04
Go with the T2 and a good mount. Just do it right the first time and forget it. I wouldn't dump a T1 to buy a T2, but if I were starting from scratch I would buy a T2 hands down.

That's what I just order
T2 with 1/3 CW

I'd like to thank all you guys for your advise . I kinda knew from the start I would get him the t2 . He's mentioned the t1 has a little blueish tent and he like the glass on the t2 and hell it's only $50 more buck lol
Anyway THANKZ .

Now on to the lower ( O HELL) lolo

My cell'y