PDA

View Full Version : Limited Return:Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x24mm

vicious_cb
10-28-15, 22:29
As a previous owner of one I have to say Im really temped to pick one up. The reticle I had wasnt as versatile as the the ones they have now like the MOAR and Velocity reticles.

NIGHTFORCE NXSTM 2.5-10X24 LIMITED RELEASE - 2015
The original member of the Nightforce NXS riflescope family is making a limited debut for 2015.

In order to meet customer requests for the discontinued NXS 2.5-10 x 24 compact riflescope, Nightforce is manufacturing a limited run this fall. The NXS 2.5-10 x 24 is unique in that it has a straight body tube to the objective lens, which provides for a very compact package (9.9 inches in length).

For many years, the Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x family —proven in the hands of the U.S. military—has been renowned for performance far beyond its size. The NXS 2.5-10 x 24 was an original contract riflescope on the U.S. military Mark 12 5.56mm Special Purpose Rifle (SPR) program.

This limited run will see the NXS 2.5-10 x 24 receive modern enhancements over the original production models. Included will be an integrated Nightforce PTL™ (Power Throw Lever), allowing instant magnification changes even while wearing gloves. The elevation and windage adjustments are of the most current design, providing extremely positive click feel and easy to read numbers. Adjustment configurations are in .250 MOA (20 MOA per revolution) or .1 Mil-Radian (5 Mil-Radian per revolution) increments, with an exposed ZeroStop™ elevation and a capped windage adjustment as standard. Reticle choices include the MOAR™ and Mil-R™.

As with all of the NXS 2.5-10x models, they prove that size is no substitute for quality, providing performance that exceeds most riflescopes of any size. In addition to being extremely popular on the various AR platforms, the low mounting profile, versatile magnification range and streamlined proportions also make it ideal for a mountain or safari rifle.

These limited run Nightforce NXS™ 2.5-10 x 24 models have an MSRP of $1,950. To acquire one of these limited availability riflescopes, please contact one of the four exclusive retailers below:

EuroOptic
MidwayUSA
Mile High Shooting Accessories
Sport Optics

http://www.nightforceoptics.com/news/nxs-2-5-10x24-limitedrelease

ALCOAR
10-28-15, 23:05
Wow, a whole stable of unicorns being released to the wild. Pretty much gave up on that notion awhile ago. Good for Nightforce.

The optic was already unmatched, now they're just throwing in all the new upgrades & reticles to pile on.

SeriousStudent
10-28-15, 23:11
Thanks for the heads up. I am going to have to snag one of these.

Endur
10-28-15, 23:46
Too bad by the time I set aside enough for one they will probably be gone.

Coal Dragger
10-28-15, 23:58
Neat little scopes, but I'd rather have the 2.5-10X32. Not much more weight, and more glass up front for a larger exit pupil out back.

PD Sgt.
10-29-15, 00:01
I picked one up with ZS a few years ago before they stopped selling them altogether. Probably the last optic I would ever get rid of. Great versatility and clarity in a very compact package.

czgunner
10-29-15, 12:18
I know I can't afford it if I have to ask, but what will the price be?

jstalford
10-29-15, 15:43
I know I can't afford it if I have to ask, but what will the price be?

I think $1700-$1900 depending on the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

samuse
10-29-15, 21:39
Neat little scopes, but I'd rather have the 2.5-10X32. Not much more weight, and more glass up front for a larger exit pupil out back.

After shooting both back to back, I bought a X32 when it was time to spend my own money....

CoryCop25
10-29-15, 21:50
The 2.5-10X32 draws in way more light than the 24 and it was a step in the right direction for Nightforce. The 2.5-10X24 can't be beat in compactness. I guess you have to weigh the pros and cons when selecting which model. I always liked the 24 but quickly got used to the 32.

Coal Dragger
10-29-15, 23:55
I briefly owned a 2.5-10X32 and it was a very nice little scope, I just wasn't able to make it work on the bolt gun I was mounting it too since the rifle ejects at a 45 degree angle and the long .280AI brass was hitting the windage turret and bouncing back into the action. I was really sad to have to exchange it for a Swarovski, don't get me wrong the Swarovski Z3 3-10X42 is a nice piece of glass but that NXS 2.5-10X32 was so solid, and the glass seemed every bit as good as the Swarovski.

I wish Nightforce would use that tube and introduce a nice 1-8X32, or even a 1-6X32. That would be tits, good field of view, lots of light even at top magnification, and typical NXS toughness. I like the idea of the low powered variable on an AR or other general purpose carbine/rifle, but wish scope makers would offer slightly larger objective lenses on some of these scopes particularly those with 6X or 8X top magnification. That little bit of extra glass doesn't really seem to add that much weight or size (within reason) and the ocular lens housing is already that diameter anyway so the same mounts will clear the scope.

Enough of my ranting.