PDA

View Full Version : NOW SHIPPING: PMAG 30 AK/AKM GEN M3

Dozer
10-29-15, 12:29
NOW SHIPPING: PMAG 30 AK/AKM GEN M3 at www.magpul.com
http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/Magazines/AK_AKM/MAG573/MAG573-HERO-15.png&Width=1200&Height=700&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Crop=5

The PMAG 30 AK/AKM GEN M3 is an inexpensive, lightweight, high reliability 30-round polymer magazine designed for Kalashnikov pattern rifles in 7.62x39mm (AK-47, AKM, AKS, and others.)

It features steel-reinforced locking lugs, removable floorplate, constant curve geometry, and a high-reliability/low-friction follower for the performance and military-grade durability you expect from a PMAG.

Magazine counts as three US compliance parts for 922r.

FEATURES
* Impact and crush resistant polymer body

* Stainless steel locking lugs both front and rear for increased durability

* Constant-curve internal geometry for smooth feeding

* Anti-tilt, self-lubricating follower for increased reliability

* Long life stainless steel spring

* Ribbed gripping surface and aggressive front and rear texture for positive magazine handling

* Paint pen dot matrix panels on the bottom of the body to allow for identification marking

* Flared floorplate aids magazine handling and disassembly yet is slim enough for use with most pouches

Made in U.S.A.

Additional accessories include the PMAG Ranger Plate - AK/AKM 7.62X39 (http://www.magpul.com/products/pmag-ranger-plate-ak-akm-762x39) and the MAGLINK Coupler - PMAG 30 AK/AKM (http://www.magpul.com/products/maglink-coupler-pmag-30-ak-akm).

Learn more at Magpul PMAG 30 AK/AKM GEN M3 (http://www.magpul.com/products/pmag-30-ak-akm-gen-m3)

http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/Magazines/AK_AKM/MAG573/Single/1-MAG573-Base-1-15.png&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Width=950&Height=450&Crop=5

http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/Magazines/AK_AKM/MAG573/Double/MAG573-double-1-15.png&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Width=500&Height=320&Crop=5

http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/Magazines/AK_AKM/MAG573/Double/MAG573-double-3-15.png&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Width=500&Height=320&Crop=5

http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/Magazines/AK_AKM/MAG573/Double/MAG573-double-4-15.png&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Width=500&Height=320&Crop=5

http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/Magazines/AK_AKM/MAG573/Double/MAG573-double-5-15.png&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Width=500&Height=320&Crop=5

http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/Magazines/AK_AKM/MAG573/Double/MAG573-double-2-15.png&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Width=500&Height=320&Crop=5

NCGREENSWAMP13
10-29-15, 19:15
I'm definitely excited about this. I plan on grabbing some of these. I have a question, what kind of "torture tests" did you do on these to decide they were good to go?

thebarracuda
10-29-15, 22:12
I bet these are great. Will be ordering!

Dozer
10-30-15, 11:35
I'm definitely excited about this. I plan on grabbing some of these. I have a question, what kind of "torture tests" did you do on these to decide they were good to go?

One of the "torture tests" included full weapon drops with loaded magazines which resulted in several rifles with significantly damaged magazine catch/trigger guards without damaging the magazines. There was also some less formal testing performed, such as chipping away at concrete with the lugs before loading and firing the weapons.

NCGREENSWAMP13
10-30-15, 11:57
Sounds awesome, can't wait to try one out myself. Thanks for the feedback. Been a magpul customer for a while now.

SPQR476
10-30-15, 12:04
In addition to the ammunition and platform compatibility, endurance, dust, and hot and cold firing tests, the "rough handling" battery includes 5 foot full weapon drops on a number of axes. Obviously, straight down onto the magazine is one of those, as are nose first and butt first drops. We also included dropping nose first and butt first onto a projection/concrete table top so that the front or rear edge of the magazine was taking the impact. Additionally, we do the multi-axis loaded magazine drops, including, of course, feed lips first, floorplate first, etc, and we do all that at room temperature, hot, and cold.

Dropping the rifle with magazine down and dropping the rifle vertically butt first are the tests that are hardest on the mag catch, and those are the ones that damaged rifles. As in, "receiver is bent, mag catch and triggerguard are all jacked up, rivets are distorted" kind of damaged. That was from trying to drop the rifles until the rear tab failed, so multiple drops. Rear tab never failed. Sooo...if anyone wants to do drop tests with their rifle, we absolutely welcome that with open arms, but you've been warned.

NCGREENSWAMP13
10-30-15, 13:18
In addition to the ammunition and platform compatibility, endurance, dust, and hot and cold firing tests, the "rough handling" battery includes 5 foot full weapon drops on a number of axes. Obviously, straight down onto the magazine is one of those, as are nose first and butt first drops. We also included dropping nose first and butt first onto a projection/concrete table top so that the front or rear edge of the magazine was taking the impact. Additionally, we do the multi-axis loaded magazine drops, including, of course, feed lips first, floorplate first, etc, and we do all that at room temperature, hot, and cold.

Dropping the rifle with magazine down and dropping the rifle vertically butt first are the tests that are hardest on the mag catch, and those are the ones that damaged rifles. As in, "receiver is bent, mag catch and triggerguard are all jacked up, rivets are distorted" kind of damaged. That was from trying to drop the rifles until the rear tab failed, so multiple drops. Rear tab never failed. Sooo...if anyone wants to do drop tests with their rifle, we absolutely welcome that with open arms, but you've been warned.

So yall actually broke some rifles testing the mags? I take it that the feed lips held up to all the abuse? Hopefully I can find some before they get gobbled up. Thanks again, I love being able to communicate with the people who actually make the products I use.

SPQR476
10-30-15, 15:09
Yes, we broke a handful of rifles.

The feed lip thing is one of those things that turn out counterintuitively. I've posted the side by side pics of a circle 10 and one of our MOE mags, dropped from 5' loaded. The bulgy mag steel liner bent so badly on the back corner that the mag wouldn't feed properly after one drop. The MOE mag cracked on the second 5' drop right in the corner, but it continued to feed 100%, and you couldn't really even tell it was cracked unless you looked closely. The biggest thing we want a mag to do after a damaging drop is retain function, and the steel feed lip reinforcements actually hurt that. We looked at it very carefully before choosing not to do reinforced lips, but in pretty much every test, our polymer with no reinforcements came out on top.

fhk96
10-30-15, 16:33
Great news! Have been looking forward to these and the D60.

Duane, any plans on AK100 series left side folding stocks?

SPQR476
10-30-15, 20:50
That's a smaller opportunity since quote a few folks that have a 100 series folder will probably keep them that way. We have looked/are looking at the whole spectrum of the AK world, though. More stuff definitely coming.

Charlie Don't Surf
10-30-15, 21:30
Will the side folding stocks be compatible with the Galil Ace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

notorious_ar15
10-30-15, 22:12
That's a smaller opportunity since quote a few folks that have a 100 series folder will probably keep them that way. We have looked/are looking at the whole spectrum of the AK world, though. More stuff definitely coming.

That's good news! And just to put this thought out there - the Zhukov-S stock would be a very welcome addition for VZ-58 owners...

m4brian
10-31-15, 14:50
On the VZ58: the main problem for the VZ 58 is the cheek weld is too high and you easily get cheeks lap. A lower solution is needed. But of course the market for the VZ 58 is much smaller .

Vintovka
11-01-15, 11:05

Nice to hear that more AK stuff is coming. I'd definitely be in for some steel reinforced AK-74 magazines. Are you guys looking into any other platforms? I'd like to see Magpul HK33/93/C93 magazines on the market.

Mike Miller
11-01-15, 13:51
If the feed lips are actually stronger without steel reinforcement, do the steel reinforcements at the spine and locking lug provide tangible benefits?

The Dumb Gun Collector
11-01-15, 16:13
Hell yes!! I will be looking for a few of these. Around here it is getting hard to find quality AK mags (lots of Korean junkers).

Wake27
11-01-15, 16:28
I ordered a 10 pack of the regular ones about two weeks ago. I'll probably buy 5-10 of these in the next few months just to have, but I haven't had any issues with the all plastic ones. Drum next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plouffedaddy
11-02-15, 08:41
Looking forward to dropping them.

I know you're excited about that Duane :p

SPQR476
11-29-15, 18:27
I'm looking forward to you breaking your rifle when you do. :-)

SeriousStudent
11-29-15, 19:32
Looking forward to dropping them.

I know you're excited about that Duane :p

If you could capture the altimeter readings in the video, that would be very cool.

plouffedaddy
11-30-15, 14:40
I'm looking forward to you breaking your rifle when you do. :-)

I do too. A video like that would go viral! Totally worth a broken OPAP...