PDA

View Full Version : Halo 5

C-grunt
10-29-15, 15:57
Anyone else playing this game? I played it for about 4 hours last night after I got home from work. Stayed up way to late. Awesome game. I didnt play the last couple games so Im playing catch up a bit on the story.

VIP3R 237
10-29-15, 15:59
I'm enjoying it so far.

SilverBullet432
10-29-15, 16:02
Play Destiny instead:)

Jellybean
10-29-15, 16:36
I've hated HALO since day one, so.... no.
:p

jwfuhrman
10-29-15, 16:40
I stopped playing Halo multiplayer after Halo 3. I only play Halo because I read all the books and follow the "universe" extensively so I play on for the story line.

That said, holy shit this game is awesome. The graphics are insane, the cinematics rival most modern all CGI movies.....

Dist. Expert 26
10-29-15, 17:10
After the botched abortion that was Halo 4 I can't bring myself to buy this game. Call me a purist, but they should have let the series end at 3. Now they're going to drag it out until it's unrecognizable. It's a shame really.

WickedWillis
10-29-15, 17:38
I am horrible at the MP. HORRIBLE. The only thing I am enjoying with this game is four of us are playing the campaign on Legendary and having quite a good time.

WillBrink
10-29-15, 17:48
I stopped playing Halo multiplayer after Halo 3. I only play Halo because I read all the books and follow the "universe" extensively so I play on for the story line.

That said, holy shit this game is awesome. The graphics are insane, the cinematics rival most modern all CGI movies.....

This. When my old X Box no longer compatible to play online I decided that was my cue to stop. I took up too much time and I'd rather read a book, etc. I always grabbed the 50 cal sniper rifle and ran into the hills and picked people off until their teams counter sniper would find me.

VIP3R 237
10-30-15, 01:12
Amazing graphics and gameplay, stupid stupid stupid ending.

Dist. Expert 26
10-30-15, 11:34
Amazing graphics and gameplay, stupid stupid stupid ending.

That right there is why I refuse to play it. If they want to keep on with the franchise, fine. But Master Chief should have been left well enough alone.

SilverBullet432
10-30-15, 17:04
Fallout 4 almost here :)

C-grunt
10-31-15, 05:32
Just beat the game. Ending is definitely a twist. Not sure if I liked it or not though.

I definitely enjoyed it and am looking forward to going through it again with a couple buddies.

C-grunt
10-31-15, 05:34
Play Destiny instead:)

I played Destiny for a while and enjoyed it very much. However playing the same missions over and over really burned me out. Great game though. It and Halo have a very similar feel.

BrigandTwoFour
10-31-15, 13:43
I'm still running around 80's Afghanistan in MGSV. I also lost interest in the Halo series after Halo 4.

The next big ones on the horizon for me are Fallout 4, The Division, and Ghost Recon Wildlands

WickedWillis
11-02-15, 12:03
I'm still running around 80's Afghanistan in MGSV. I also lost interest in the Halo series after Halo 4.

The next big ones on the horizon for me are Fallout 4, The Division, and Ghost Recon Wildlands

As a huge MGS fan, V is the weakest in the series by far. Completely disappointing in every way when it comes to the story. Gameplay was decent though.

Rekkr870
11-02-15, 12:32
As a huge MGS fan, V is the weakest in the series by far. Completely disappointing in every way when it comes to the story. Gameplay was decent though.
I absolutely agree.

jwfuhrman
11-02-15, 17:42
Finally beat the game (halo 5) and holy crap I can not wait for the next one!

Vgex2
11-02-15, 20:46
Playing the campaign now, trying to get used to the controls, weapons, etc. Visually amazing. Story is boring, I think I am on mission 9 or 10.

BrigandTwoFour
11-02-15, 21:41

Pretty much.

The last one I played was 4, and it just felt epic. This one...it's fun, but it doesn't feel like an MGS game.

WickedWillis
11-03-15, 10:26
Pretty much.

This one...it's fun, but it doesn't feel like an MGS game.

I think this sums it up very well.