PDA

View Full Version : Another 9mm single stack, made in the USA

Rayrevolver
11-02-15, 12:09
Got this email today and thought I would share it. There is 1 option I have never seen before, called FIST, for contact shooting so the slide is not pushed out of battery. Company is called Honor Defense.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/best-factory-single-stack-9mm-ever-honor-guard-new-gun/

We are not allowed to carry here in MD so I haven't looked at any of the new little guns. My G26 was great, reliable, and a laser beam. I thought it was easy enough to conceal.

Nowski87
11-02-15, 13:16
Looks like a Shield that has been worked over. It looks nice other than the billboard on the slide, I would like to hear more about the trigger and how well it functions though.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

PatrioticDisorder
11-02-15, 14:58
Because you know, the market is demanding an unproven single stack from an unproven company... Because the market isn't flooded with Shield's, G43's, PPS's, Nano's, Kahr CM, Ruger LC9, sig P290RS, Springfield XDS and whatever other junk SS 9mm's are out there. No idea the price point, but they better have one hell of a marketing campaign for anyone to actually buy one at any price point.

RAM Engineer
11-02-15, 15:13
I hope they do well. More choices are better for us all, and I like some of the features this brings to the table. Time will tell of course, but I'm not going to be a Debbie Downer until the long term, reputable reviews are in.

jpmuscle
11-02-15, 15:17
Looks interesting for sure. I like some of the design features.

sevenhelmet
11-02-15, 17:54
All right, the OP was showing something he thinks is innovative. Is it worth stifling that? Also, not all SS 9mms are junk.

Because you know, the market is demanding an unproven single stack from an unproven company... Because the market isn't flooded with Shield's, G43's, PPS's, Nano's, Kahr CM, Ruger LC9, sig P290RS, Springfield XDS and whatever other junk SS 9mm's are out there. No idea the price point, but they better have one hell of a marketing campaign for anyone to actually buy one at any price point.

WillBrink
11-02-15, 18:02
Looks patterned after the Shield to be sure. All for new comers and competition. Personally, not an early adopter & beta tester for companies looking to get into the market with a fire arm, but Im more than happy to hear the reports from those who are! Looks interesting.

Knorth
11-02-15, 18:05
That FIST option is interesting to say the least.. not something I would use. It's going to really have to stand out to effectively compete with the proven platforms on the market already.

The Dumb Gun Collector
11-02-15, 19:18
I OFFER MY SERVICES, FREE OF CHARGE, TO HELP GUN MANUFACTURERS SELECT AND VETO AESTHETIC FLOURISHES, AND TO PREVENT THE USE OF TERRIBLE OVERSIZED FONTS.

jpmuscle
11-02-15, 21:32
I see what you did there

RHINOWSO
11-03-15, 07:35
Give it 12-18 months to see how it does. Seems like another Keltec or Diamondback type pistol, but who knows.

Seems like a Shield with the SIG P320 removable FCU.

The likelihood of it replacing a PPS for me is low....

Big A
11-03-15, 09:30
I might have to give one of these a try. The only thing I would want that it doesn't seem to come with is a tritium insert in the front sight.

Those magazines look exactly like Shield mags so I wonder if they are interchangeable? If they were smart they would make 10rnd mags to give max capacity in ban states and for people that want a full grip single stack. To be honest every maker of single stack 9's would be smart to do this but the only one I've seen that does it is Ruger and it isn't included with the gun, you have to buy it separate from them.

Father of 3
11-03-15, 10:15
So a Sig P320 raped a Shield and the illegitimate child has an underbite

Clint
11-03-15, 10:39
Looks interesting.

I like the serialized sub chassis a la the Sig P250/320.

Vandal
11-03-15, 10:43
I'm waiting to see how long it takes for S&W to sue for the mag rip off (I swore they were Shield mags when I first saw them) and for Sig to go after them for the FCG.

HCrum87hc
11-03-15, 13:06
I'm intrigued. I doubt it'll replace my PPS, but I like the serialized FCG. It looks like a lot of thought was put into the gun, and I hope they do well. The more options we have, the better.

williejc
11-03-15, 13:17
I lost interest when I read about the shorter slide/longer frame/contact bullshit. That's why I have a 12 inch bayonet on my 2 inch J frame. :stop:

RHINOWSO
11-03-15, 16:02
Honestly, I'd never buy this or anything from a fly by night, Johnny come lately "Made in the USA" company like it.

I buy $hit that works with an established track record, I don't care who makes it.

brickboy240
11-03-15, 16:10
I tend to agree.

Get a Glock 43, Shield or PPS and call it good.

...not interested in being anyone's test monkey.

WickedWillis
11-03-15, 16:21
They have to be infringing on S&W Shield patents here. It looks like a douched-out custom Shield, especially with the billboard markings, all it needs is a gold barrel and an RMR.

yugo308guy
11-03-15, 17:36
I'm waiting to see how long it takes for S&W to sue for the mag rip off (I swore they were Shield mags when I first saw them) and for Sig to go after them for the FCG.

I'm pretty sure that Steyr could sue Sig first.

crazymoose
11-03-15, 18:32

Eh, Steyr did it first on the M. The Tokarev was along those lines, too.

Edit: Didn't see the post above when I responded.

fowler
11-04-15, 16:46
I have used the Sig 239 9mm single stack and see no reason to give up it for the less shootable plastic guns.

RAM Engineer
11-04-15, 23:57
Ehhh...my Bushmaster works fine. I doubt I will give it up for some Johnny come lately fly by night company like Daniel Defense or BCM. I'm sure Colt will sue them anyway.

Drifting Fate
11-05-15, 00:05
Maybe it's been said and I missed it, but, FWIW Michael Bane speaks highly of the gentleman behind this series. Of course, testing needs to be done and the real world will tell if they are reasonable products, but I have to tip my hat to someone trying to make a better mouse trap. The one with the back-off guard is a bit puzzling, but I like the looks of the largest offering. While the field is stacked, I can't say anything currently available, while most are very good, hits it out of the park for me, so we'll see about this new offering over the upcoming years.

misfit47
11-05-15, 06:19
The magazine looks patterned after the shield. Seems to have a lot of great features. Depending on the price, I would give one a go.

lowprone
11-05-15, 09:14
I realize that I am a practicing curmudgeon, but I have yet to find a small 9mm that is as good a my HK P7.

sevenhelmet
11-05-15, 13:24
Ehhh...my Bushmaster works fine. I doubt I will give it up for some Johnny come lately fly by night company like Daniel Defense or BCM. I'm sure Colt will sue them anyway.

On point.

Magsz
11-06-15, 13:04
Im surprised no one picked up on this...

That Adam fella that was in the first half of the video was supposedly one of the engineers that worked for remington that produced the R51...that does not bode well...

Complete hearsay at this point but the proof will be in the pudding.

legumeofterror
11-06-15, 17:17
I'm pretty sure that Steyr could sue Sig first.

Walther and Sig pay royalties to Steyr for their handguns already.

yugo308guy
11-07-15, 12:44
Walther and Sig pay royalties to Steyr for their handguns already.

Huh. Did not know that. Interesting.