PDA

View Full Version : VEST & CHEST RIGS FOR XXXXL MEN !???

bigjack7440
11-03-15, 00:43
I see this is a issue or I've just not been able to find any . I'm 6'6 350lbs and I want a GOOD chest rig and or vest . I prefer a chest rig if it will ride low and not up around my tits lol.
So why sale good gear for GROWN ASS MEN ??
Thanks guys

Sent from my rocket ship using
My cell'y

Endur
11-03-15, 00:46
Tactical Tailor two piece MAV with the X harness. Should adjust to fit no problem. It is coincidence that I have one in E&E.

bigjack7440
11-03-15, 17:27
Tactical Tailor two piece MAV with the X harness. Should adjust to fit no problem. It is coincidence that I have one in E&E.

E&E ???

My cell'y

Mr blasty
11-03-15, 18:11
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=168558
ICE Battle Belt, Jones Cobra Belt, TT Fight Light...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

sidewaysil80
11-03-15, 19:11
I would imagine if you email some of the smaller, yet quality brands (i.e. tactical tailor) and give them your measurements they should be able to make it as a special order.

Endur
11-03-15, 21:23
E&E = Equipment Exchange.

I would imagine if you email some of the smaller, yet quality brands (i.e. tactical tailor) and give them your measurements they should be able to make it as a special order.

Extreme Gear Labs, Special Operations Equipment, U.S. Grunt Gear, etc.

Tzook
11-03-15, 21:29
You might check out the Shellback Banshee plate carrier. I have a friend who is a very, very big dude (although shorter than you) and he runs one that seems to have adjusted to him just fine.

bigjack7440
11-04-15, 06:59
Well I wasn't going to spend $200 on a rig to shoot with and meet the requirements of a carbine class I'm taking with my friends .
I found this for $55.99 and I got a mag drop bag and a molle holster both for $50
All for $110http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007VH9Z7O?vs=1&th=0

So the reason why I got it was it's BIGG and I have some guys that work for me that have these and it's amazing how strong there made . 100s of great A+ feedback .
So hell no it's not a Mayflower but I'm not going to war lol. I'm going to have fun and after I talked to a few guys that where in the USMS with me they said they dropped there issued rigs and bought these out of there pay . Remember Enlisted men don't make crap so they buy what works and what they can afford ( like me )

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007VH9Z7O?vs=1&th=0

My cell'y3576535766357673576835769

Tzook
11-04-15, 07:22
Well I wasn't going to spend $200 on a rig to shoot with and meet the requirements of a carbine class I'm taking with my friends .
I found this for $55.99 and I got a mag drop bag and a molle holster both for $50
All for $110http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007VH9Z7O?vs=1&th=0

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007VH9Z7O?vs=1&th=0

My cell'y

Ahh I see. I know through my personal experience taking classes and training, I vastly prefer a belt set-up to a chest rig or plate carrier for retaining magazines. I wear armor, but I don't keep anything attached to my carrier.

I think the general consensus is that condor is not good to go, however if you really only want it for one class or some light range use, it would probably hold up. YMMV

bigjack7440
11-04-15, 07:33
Ahh I see. I know through my personal experience taking classes and training, I vastly prefer a belt set-up to a chest rig or plate carrier for retaining magazines. I wear armor, but I don't keep anything attached to my carrier.

I think the general consensus is that condor is not good to go, however if you really only want it for one class or some light range use, it would probably hold up. YMMV

You really think it will only hold up for
ONE 1 carbine class and " LIGHT" range use ?
I sure hope so . Wonder if anyone has done a this vs that with one of these and say a Mayflower . I can't do it because I'm just a guy that loves to out shoot his buddies with AR AND 1911 and let me tell ya I've been kicking ass around here with a 1911 for over a year now [emoji12][emoji12]

Yeh that's all , I mean what's else would a X USMS NCCO crane operator that's 45yrs old 6'6 350lbs do with it lolo .
Just fun and a class here or there

The big thing is ITS BIG!! Very big. I have tried on a $215 Mayflower and a Haley S and they both got taken out /let out as far as they would go and Did not come close to fitting my big ass lolo . So that's another big reason I went with the $55 and I'm serious when I say the damn thing is built STRONG !!
I'll have more on it and trust me if it's a POS ILL CALL IT A POS !!!
The pic I posted did not turn out good but go to that link and scroll down and look close at how it's made and give me your honest opinion
THANKZ

My cell'y35770

GTF425
11-04-15, 08:02
I bought a few Condor pouches when I was a Private and didn't know any better. They made it two weeks on deployment just doing ranges and guard duty before the stitching started to give out.

You get what you pay for.

I genuinely hope it works out for you.

wahoo95
11-04-15, 08:02
For range use and a class every now and then I'd skip the chest rig and just run a battle belt or simply a couple mag holsters directly mounted on a quality belt. I've never had any issues in any class or match simply running 2-3 mags on my belt with Ready Tac holsters.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Tzook
11-04-15, 10:53
Well, if you want my honest opinion.... Putting your pistol in a nylon "holster" like that attached to a condor chest rig is ****ing stupid.

daniel87
11-04-15, 11:21
I would say an hsgi lbe. It is the most versitle for that issue

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Endur
11-04-15, 14:57
Stay away from chinese made gear. Cheaply made and they steal designs. Do not support it.

Validatiom from LE or military does not equal GTG; they might not know any better.