PDA

View Full Version : Magpul goes rouge

7.62NATO
11-05-15, 19:50
I didn't foresee this.

While nearly 100 companies have pledged to hold all purchasers of firearms and accessories to the standard of what’s available to everyday civilians, in what’s commonly known as the New York boycott, Armalite and now Magpul have taken an opposing stand. (See also The Police Loophole.)

The good folks at Magpul have instead sided with Armalite against freedom and law-abiding American firearm owners – and what’s more, they’ve one-upped Armalite in their sales practices!

not only are they selling their products that are banned to civilian ownership to law-enforcement in those restrictive locales, they have established an express lane for law enforcement “professionals” to get their standard-capacity PMAGs right away… even law enforcement officers in restrictive locations such as New York which now ban sales of standard capacity magazines to civilians.

http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=6114

Jaysop
11-05-15, 19:55
It always comes down to money.

sevenhelmet
11-05-15, 20:01
I'm conflicted about this. It's frustrating, yes, but I don't think companies like Magpul and Armalite are the problem, and I do want them to be able to continue to make money and provide the market with products. At the same time, suporting LE/MIL only sales could quiet support from those camps, i.e. "I got mine, so why bother to fight what's already in place?". It also further separates the government privilages from We the People. I can't stand that idea.

Bottom line: I think this stinks, but more because of statist jackholes like Cuomo, Bloomberg, and Fienstein than because of companies that have provided me and millions of others with great products. I can't begrudge a business making a financial business decision, and blaming them would further fraction our cause at a time when we need to be pulling together the most, and are seemingly unable to do so.

I hate the left... so much right now.

usmcvet
11-05-15, 20:06
If this is true MagPul made a poor choice. I't is disappointing.

BC98
11-05-15, 20:07
Did I miss something? That article is from 2013....

Firefly
11-05-15, 20:42
I think this is an artifact from the Obama panic.

I'm kinda 'over' Magpul, anyways.
At the end of the day, people who want to make money are going to make money.

If they did another Ban, police and government should not be exempt. Not just as individuals, but departments.

If LAPD SWAT had to clear a dope house with Bullet Buttons, people would start singing different tunes.
Bear in mind, most Chief's associations are notoriously anti-gun. I even remember an issue of that one cop magazine APB or whatever in the ready room beaming about how Biden was pro-police.

Buy whatever you can now. Ammo, reloading, lowers, parts.

If Hillary gets in, we're toast

RIDE
11-05-15, 20:47
From 2013... Still valid info? I'd like to see Magpul chime in.

wildcard600
11-05-15, 20:48

Yeah, some more recent insight might be more valuable.

black22rifle
11-05-15, 20:48
nevermind

sjc3081
11-05-15, 20:49
Shouldn't we really be complaining about Glock. If Glock ,S&W ,Sig and HK told New York to pound sand maybe we would see some results.

Hank6046
11-05-15, 20:53

Yeah, this is from 2013, I don't care. Magpul has done a lot of good to their products and practices since then, so I don't care.

Eurodriver
11-05-15, 21:06
Yeah, this is from 2013, I don't care. Magpul has done a lot of good to their products and practices since then, so I don't care.

I don't care either. They'll still be making money off LE sales when I am no longer allowed to buy a PMAG. Good for them.

ST911
11-05-15, 21:22
Old news.

SeriousStudent
11-05-15, 21:25
I am confused.

Rouge is the French word for the color red.

Rogue is "an independent person who rejects conventional rules of society in favor of following their own personal goals and values."

And yes, if the article is from 2013, it's a bit of yesterday's news, is it not? If you look back on previous threads, they discussed this. Several times. I was here, I remember.

And if you think I am being a grammar Nazi, allow me to introduce you to my good friend and colleague ST911. He's be along shortly to discuss the difference between "its" and "it's".

ETA: hehehe, dude snuck in whilst I was typing. ;)