PDA

View Full Version : Cindi Mancini Is Dead...

SteyrAUG
11-06-15, 02:25
Actress Amanda Peterson died of a drug overdose at age 43 on July 3, 2015.

If you are saying "Who?!?" she was Cindi Mancini in the 1987 film "Can't Buy Me Love."

http://www.ew.com/sites/default/files/i/2015/07/13/amanda-peterson.jpg

It was one of those "nerd get's the popular girl" films that were made by the dozens in the 80s.

As with music, politics and culture in general, things seemed to have gone poorly for Peterson after the 80s.

Here is a DUI photo from 2012.

http://assets-s3.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/articles/89355-amanda-petersons-downfall-includes-history-of-arrests-mugshots-/1436479468_amanda-peterson-mugshot-article.jpg

Peterson was also arrested in 2000, 2003, 2005, 2010, and 2012. The mugshots aren't pretty.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/amanda-petersons-downfall-includes-history-of-arrests-mugshots--201597

Kinda sad, was just watching the movie today and looking up another actress I found out she died.

She died from a combination of morphine and drugs for treating lung and heart disease, anti-psychotics, and an anti-anxiety medication. Marijuana was also detected in her system. The coroner's report concluded Peterson experienced a "morphine effect" that triggered respiratory failure leading to her death.

So that's a useful tip for people who are taking serious medication, don't add morphine to the mix and that is probably why she had to get it from an friend rather than her doctor.

Moose-Knuckle
11-06-15, 02:45
Just today I was looking at photos from a Rolling Stone shoot of Carrie Fisher in her Hutt slave get up on a beach in 1983, I don't know if the woman ever abused drugs but damn she did not age well when you look at her today for The Force Awakens.

SteyrAUG
11-06-15, 03:05
Just today I was looking at photos from a Rolling Stone shoot of Carrie Fisher in her Hutt slave get up on a beach in 1983, I don't know if the woman ever abused drugs but damn she did not age well when you look at her today for The Force Awakens.

Do yourself a favor and watch "Under The Rainbow" (1981). Fisher in her prime running around in her underwear. Also a pretty funny movie actually.

Turnkey11
11-06-15, 05:23
I just watched that movie for the first time in years the other day on netflix; those mugshots are rough!

JSantoro
11-06-15, 07:47
I don't know if the woman ever abused drugs but

Oh hell yeah she did. As with most recovering addicts, her life is now one big starting-line crouch, waiting for the signal ("How ya doin'?") to jump off the blocks and start jabbering ad infinitum at whichever poor sot makes the mistake of asking.

Big A
11-06-15, 08:05

Oh hell yeah she did. As with most recovering addicts, her life is now one big starting-line crouch, waiting for the signal ("How ya doin'?") to jump off the blocks and start jabbering ad infinitum at whichever poor sot makes the mistake of asking.
Yeah she was a coke fiend back in the day.

She had to have had some work done before filming the new movie.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-06-15, 08:52

When the "Money Can't Buy Me Love" came out the girl that worked at the movie rental store looked exactly like Amanda Peterson.

There are some recent pics of Amanda on motor bike that are more flattering. Carrie Fischer could play Hillary Clinton, but on the other hand look at Elizabeth Hurley and Christie Brinkley, they keep rocking it.

Firefly
11-06-15, 10:56
Pretty sad. I liked that movie.
People can do what they want, but at the end of the day drugs are pretty bad for you.

MistWolf
11-06-15, 13:25
Harrison Ford was supplying Carrie Fisher with pot when they were filming Star Wars.

Celebrity is sure hard on some folks lives

SteyrAUG
11-06-15, 14:39
Harrison Ford was supplying Carrie Fisher with pot when they were filming Star Wars.

Celebrity is sure hard on some folks lives

Seems like it should be simple enough.

1. Do the job you were hired to do.
2. Enjoy the ride while it lasts.
3. Do something intelligent with your money in case the ride ends sooner than expected.
4. Don't do illegal shit. Don't do shit that will kill you.

I honestly don't understand people with millions of dollars who want to be coked out or strung out on heroin. If I had all that money, I would want to be 100% lucid for every minute of it. I can't imagine having the means to bring most of my wants and needs to reality and not being coherent enough to enjoy the accomplishment.

I'd hate to see how hard the average celebrity would crash and burn if they had to live an ordinary persons life.

MistWolf
11-06-15, 14:51
Seems like it should be simple enough.

1. Do the job you were hired to do.
2. Enjoy the ride while it lasts.
3. Do something intelligent with your money in case the ride ends sooner than expected.
4. Don't do illegal shit. Don't do shit that will kill you.

I honestly don't understand people with millions of dollars who want to be coked out or strung out on heroin. If I had all that money, I would want to be 100% lucid for every minute of it. I can't imagine having the means to bring most of my wants and needs to reality and not being coherent enough to enjoy the accomplishment.

I'd hate to see how hard the average celebrity would crash and burn if they had to live an ordinary persons life.

I agree. But as I've never been a celeb, I don't know if I'd handle it any better. In real life, I've passed on career opportunities to have more time with my sons so I would have been a poor celebrity in any case

Firefly
11-06-15, 15:06
Wanna know who the best example of a celebrity is?

Gary Oldman.

You don't know jack about Gary Oldman and probably wouldn't recognize him on the street. He's a chameleon and a recluse.
Chances are he's in at least two or three movies you like but again...

You know nothing about him .

Carrie Fisher's only claim to fame is being Leia and Jake Blues' wacko girlfriend, but she has opinions.
Same with these other people who go to rehab, go on talk shows, blah blah blah.

But Gary Oldman? He's a ghost....

ramairthree
11-06-15, 15:41
I know exactly what I would do if I was a multi-millionaire rock star, actor, athlete, etc.

Spiral down in a world of drugs, alcohol, and despair- hell no.

Huge garages full of cool cars and motorcycles- hell yes.

Jay Leno looks happy as shit when ever I see him on TV,
So my theory is correct.

Firefly
11-06-15, 15:44
I know what I would do. I'd buy a bunker and load it up full of Class 3.

Whatever I had left would go to Van Halen playing at my birthday party

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-06-15, 15:59
When I worked used to work the jail side, she was booked in without any fan fare. I didn't even realize who she had been til a few years ago. Not the highest profile person to sit in our cells by far.

jpmuscle
11-06-15, 16:10

I'd buy you a beer in real life

SteyrAUG
11-06-15, 16:22
Wanna know who the best example of a celebrity is?

Gary Oldman.

You don't know jack about Gary Oldman and probably wouldn't recognize him on the street. He's a chameleon and a recluse.
Chances are he's in at least two or three movies you like but again...

You know nothing about him .

Carrie Fisher's only claim to fame is being Leia and Jake Blues' wacko girlfriend, but she has opinions.
Same with these other people who go to rehab, go on talk shows, blah blah blah.

But Gary Oldman? He's a ghost....

The hell you say...he was Dracula. I know very well who he is. But I agree with his off screen presence. You typically don't see Harrison Ford being a jackass in public either.

I know exactly what I would do if I was a multi-millionaire rock star, actor, athlete, etc.

Spiral down in a world of drugs, alcohol, and despair- hell no.

Huge garages full of cool cars and motorcycles- hell yes.

Jay Leno looks happy as shit when ever I see him on TV,
So my theory is correct.

EXACTLY.

And that. Excellent "Fast Times" reference by the way. I would also need a house full of lingerie models.

SteyrAUG
11-06-15, 16:31
And by far the most significant part of the movie, rivaling even a young, hot Devin DeVasquez, Tina Caspary and Darcy DeMoss, was the scene of Cindy and Ronald looking at the moon and he tells her how when they are their parents age "people will be working there and living there... maybe even us."

Of course in 1987 we actually had a space program. Hard indictment of how far we've fallen.

For a bit of trivia, Tina Caspary was actually the original Kelly Bundy in an unaired pilot of "Married With Children."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kdAotCUyw0

Lost River
11-06-15, 16:37
I agree. But as I've never been a celeb, I don't know if I'd handle it any better. In real life, I've passed on career opportunities to have more time with my sons so I would have been a poor celebrity in any case

Me too.

I came back from a contracting job in the ME, and took slightly over a 100K pay cut. I didn't want to be a dad who only saw the kiddos on rotation breaks, and if I had continued on working, I was going to be divorced. As much as I am bored to tears in law enforcement, as compared to what I was doing, and miss the stuff and people, I do like being a full time dad.

Cincinnatus
11-06-15, 21:54
Points about the space program are spot on.

Want a big contrast to Cindi? Look up Patrick Dempsey, the dude who played Ronald. His career went up; hers went into the toilet. He has been in many famous movies and still is.
She looked like a drugged up, meth-head tranny Nick Nolte before she died, he still looks normal.
As far as I know, he is not a druggie. So...this is a career without and this a career with drugs. any questions?

With Carrie Fisher as an example, possibly due to drugs or just due to bad luck, it seems more women end up looking like Mum-ra from the Thundercats than do men.

Moose-Knuckle
11-07-15, 01:41
Speaking of actresses that were hot in the eighties but now look like microwaved dog poo . . .

In 1986 I had the biggest crush on Kelly McGillis after seeing Top Gun, as Garth Brooks sang "thank God for unanswered prayers"!

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5669/22424497948_95745dfd9d.jpg

Val Kilmer also aged horribly, I guess the Sciencetologists must keep Tom Cruise in a Lazarus Chamber as that guy hasn't really aged that much.

SteyrAUG
11-07-15, 02:26
Thankfully Judie Aronson is still hot.

http://images.lifeandstylemag.com/uploads/photos/file/60779/judie-aronson-weird-science-hilly.jpg?crop=top&fit=clip&h=500&w=698

http://www.articlesweb.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/judie-aronson-15.jpg

ramairthree
11-07-15, 10:17
Points about the space program are spot on.

Want a big contrast to Cindi? Look up Patrick Dempsey, the dude who played Ronald. His career went up; hers went into the toilet. He has been in many famous movies and still is.
She looked like a drugged up, meth-head tranny Nick Nolte before she died, he still looks normal.
As far as I know, he is not a druggie. So...this is a career without and this a career with drugs. any questions?

With Carrie Fisher as an example, possibly due to drugs or just due to bad luck, it seems more women end up looking like Mum-ra from the Thundercats than do men.

You are adding more proof to my spend money on cars theory.

It is no longer hypothesis or theory.

It is the ramairthree rule.
Spend money on cars, motorcycles, guns, etc. and you will age well and be happy.
Spend money on drugs and being an alcoholic you will not be happy and you will not age well.

Phillygunguy
11-07-15, 10:31
Speaking of actresses that were hot in the eighties but now look like microwaved dog poo . . .

In 1986 I had the biggest crush on Kelly McGillis after seeing Top Gun, as Garth Brooks sang "thank God for unanswered prayers"!

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5669/22424497948_95745dfd9d.jpg

I had a crush on her too but now she looks like she fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down

Phillygunguy
11-07-15, 10:47
Not just drugs, but plastic surgery will ruin you Melanie Griffith was cute back in the 80s But ....35856

williejc
11-07-15, 11:29
Screwed up celebs crank out screwed up children who become messed up adults. Its a cycle.

26 Inf
11-07-15, 11:47

In 1986 I had the biggest crush on Kelly McGillis

Val Kilmer also aged horribly, I guess the Sciencetologists must keep Tom Cruise in a Lazarus Chamber as that guy hasn't really aged that much.

I don't know about drug abuse with McGillis, she had several marriages and several kids before she came out as a lesbian, that probably took a toll, plus she smokes.

Without makeup she looks pretty much like your average good looking chick who smokes when they hit fifty-five.

Cincinnatus
11-07-15, 12:07
Without makeup she looks pretty much like your average good looking chick who smokes when they hit fifty-five.

Or a slightly effeminate, pudding-faced dude.

Firefly
11-07-15, 12:09
In the immortal words of Patty Smyth, "Everybody gets older"

Susanna Hoffs still looks okay. Phoebe Cates looks more like a Chinese person than ever (I think she actually is kinda mixed).

To this day I hate Kevin Kline. He's a humorous actor especially in Fish Called Wanda. Probably not a dick.

But he doesn't deserve Phoebe. I heard after 1994 Princess Caribou that she quit acting out of angry protest to the Clinton Ban. Okay maybe not but in my heart I like to think that

26 Inf
11-07-15, 22:11
Or a slightly effeminate, pudding-faced dude.

Well, there is that. Damn, and here I was building to an anti-smoking tirade.

Moose-Knuckle
11-08-15, 00:53
I don't know about drug abuse with McGillis, she had several marriages and several kids before she came out as a lesbian, that probably took a toll, plus she smokes.

She did have a drinking and drug problem and had trauma from a home invasion/sexual assault back in '82.

This week, in a rare interview, she said of the attack: ‘I created this story that I’m being punished for being gay.’
She also revealed, for the first time, that she had been with a lesbian lover in a New York apartment when the two women were subjected to the horrifying sexual assault by two men, who broke in and raped them at knifepoint.

The terrifying incident took place in February 1982, when Miss McGillis, the daughter of a wealthy California doctor and a midwife, was a drama student at the prestigious Juilliard School in Manhattan.

Two teenagers forced their way into her apartment on the city’s exclusive Central Park West, tied the two women up and threatened to beat them to death, before raping them as they hurled abusive insults. One of her attackers was 15-year-old Leroy Johnson, a teenage thug on the run from juvenile detention.
The identity of the other boy was never made public. Miss McGillis, then a budding actress aged 24, later *identified Johnson from mug shots. He pleaded guilty and was jailed for three years.

But the actress’s ordeal — and the secret she kept even from her family that she had been with a female lover on that fateful night — was to light the fuse on an emotional time bomb.

By the time of the rape, the beautiful Kelly had already gone through a messy, short-lived first marriage to *fellow student Boyd Black, and the attack set her quickly on the path to alcoholism.

She says now: ‘I drank a lot. I couldn’t eat. I twitched incessantly and I had nightmares. Because I was so afraid to go to sleep at night, I would drink.’
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1316999/How-rape-Top-Gun-star-Kelly-McGillis-walk-away-Hollywood.html

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-08-15, 13:02
She did have a drinking and drug problem and had trauma from a home invasion/sexual assault back in '82.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1316999/How-rape-Top-Gun-star-Kelly-McGillis-walk-away-Hollywood.html

Didn't something similar happen to Fran Drescher?

drsal
11-08-15, 15:14
Curious as to why there is a multi page thread on a dead junkie? So what. No offense to the op but dead druggies whatever their profession is meaningless to almost all on this forum or the world at large for that matter.

ex95B10
11-08-15, 15:24
How sad.... I just happen to rewatch "Can't Buy Me Love" on YouTube the other night.
I guess money can't buy you love and it also can't buy you happiness in the form of drugs.

http://youtu.be/g_bNuLJxBdU

Sent from my  iPhone 6 plus and posted via Tapatalk.

SteyrAUG
11-08-15, 16:51
Curious as to why there is a multi page thread on a dead junkie? So what. No offense to the op but dead druggies whatever their profession is meaningless to almost all on this forum or the world at large for that matter.

I guess the point of the post is "Drugs are bad...M'kay."

Or as I noted in post #10.

And the only reason a few of us care, is we happen to have liked the movie.

drsal
11-08-15, 17:27
I guess the point of the post is "Drugs are bad...M'kay."

Or as I noted in post #10.

And the only reason a few of us care, is we happen to have liked the movie.

I never saw the film.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-08-15, 18:37

I never saw the film.

Were you born? Were you geeky kid in highschool?

Cincinnatus
11-08-15, 18:54
She was also the girl in the movie, The Explorers. remember that one? The one with the computer-generated bubble that the kids built a spaceship inside?

Firefly
11-08-15, 20:40
She was also the girl in the movie, The Explorers. remember that one? The one with the computer-generated bubble that the kids built a spaceship inside?

Yeah! It also had River Phoenix who also died. Still can't believe a Commodore 64 could do all that but it was the 80s.

We even made a sled we called the Thunder Road

drsal
11-09-15, 15:08
Were you born? Were you geeky kid in highschool?

LOL...Melbourne and No.