PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon's on a Glock ?

p7fl
11-07-15, 06:27
I am confused about Trijicon night sights for a Glock 19.

I have a 20 year old Glock 19 that I put Trijicons on way back and am comfortable with the sight picture. The sights even still have a bit of glow left in them. Called Tooltech and between shipping and price it is cheaper or about the same to order new sights.
But, have an 1800 round class coming up in December and the timing of waiting for Tooltech won’t work.

I am looking on line at Trijicon’s HD sights with the yellow or orange fronts as replacements.
Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the HD and the older style sights which are priced $30 less?
Also, is there an effective difference between the orange and yellow painted front sight. Or, is it just personal preference?
TIA
jon

Eurodriver
11-07-15, 06:44
It is personal preference. I prefer the orange fronts after years of resisting change from the original style. I'm not a target shooter. I want it as easy and as fast to place rounds on a humanoid as possible and the bright front dot and wider u-notch on the HD sights affords that.

Ken1973
11-07-15, 07:51
Eurodriver hit it. I would add that the rear sight on the HD's doesn't have the white outline around the tritium vials. Essentially, during the day you have a big bright front sight with a blacked out rear, which I prefer. Obviously in low light you still have the 3 dots with the tritium vials.

ggammell
11-07-15, 09:49
I find the orange color preferable. I think most do as you'll find yellow sets easier than you will orange.

There's nothing wrong at all with the classic style. If you like them, stick with them. Ain't no shame in liking a tried and true classic. In fact I'd almost recommend that you get the older style so you have more effort to spend learning what tha instructor is teaching you rather than trying to figure out a new sighting system while learning new stuff.

CanineCombatives
11-07-15, 10:59
I have the HD's (orange) on every glock I own, until something better comes along I'll stick with them.

hemitrx4
11-07-15, 11:25
I have the HD's (orange) on every glock I own, until something better comes along I'll stick with them.

Here too...all my glocks have hd's (orange) except my vickers 17

jschmitt08
11-07-15, 12:04
An alternative to the trijicons are the offerings from ameriglo. I run the idot pros and they work well. Also less expensive, and the tritium in the ameriglos are from trijicon.

ShipWreck
11-07-15, 12:47
I love the Warren Tactical Sevigny tritium sights I have on my Glock 17. I bought the gun for USPSA and have done 2 matches with the gun. I REALLY like them. Also, I shoot tighter groups with them than with normal 3 dot sights.... They are very close to the sight picture on my Dan Wesson 1911.

I had originally been debating on whether I'd buy them when I first bought the gun. After a few rounds with the stock sights, I went back into the store portion of the range and I purchased these and they installed them for me.... I do like them a lot.

Here are what they look like:

http://picpaste.novarata.net/pics/c1ad551c98946e207697809d984d988c.jpg

http://picpaste.novarata.net/pics/17b3c10e99ac1210e44cb51f884a375e.jpg

And my gun:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/G-89_zpsw76hylxr.jpg~original

jpmuscle
11-07-15, 13:05
The new Glock sights from Haley look interesting fwiw

SeriousStudent
11-07-15, 13:24
An alternative to the trijicons are the offerings from ameriglo. I run the idot pros and they work well. Also less expensive, and the tritium in the ameriglos are from trijicon.

I am a big fan of the Ameriglo Hackathorns as well. 65-ish dollars, and the first thing I put on a Glock. If you have "more mature eyes", they are a blessing.

R0CKETMAN
11-07-15, 14:08
warren plain rear Ameriglo or HD orange front on multiple Glocks. They're fast but maybe not as precise.

hopetonbrown
11-07-15, 14:53
Try the Ameriglo Hackathorn sights, GL433. $67 from OpticsPlanet delivered. The bright orange front draws your attention to the blade faster for speed shots.

donlapalma
11-07-15, 15:58
If it wasn't for the U notch on the HDs I would have them on all my Glocks. So I roll with the Ameriglo Hack sights and they work very well for me.

hopetonbrown
11-07-15, 16:06
Ameriglo has a set called Spartan (GL-446) that have a Hackathorn front, 2 dot tritium rear, so they're like HDs but a square notch and $92. PM Jesse Tischauser on IG or FB, he's sponsored by OpticsPlanet and has 10% off codes.

buckshot1220
11-11-15, 21:36
Another vote for the Ameriglo Pro i-dot series. I have some with orange and some with green front outline. I was resistant to trying the green at first, but now I am liking the green more than orange. I also have a set of Ameriglo CAP sights on my new Glock 43 that I am enjoying.

The Trijicon HD's are great sights, but I prefer the two-dot "figure 8" picture you get in the dark with the Ameriglo. Its all user preference, no right or wrong. The Pro i-dot can also be found for around $80 and the vials are made by Trijicon.

voiceofreason
11-15-15, 18:16
The Warrens are great sights. The white circle up front is a bit more visible than the ones I like below.

Although expensive, the Heinie Ledge straight 8 night sights are great. Heinie installs them himself.

Fiber optics up front with a black rear is the new hot setup, but having shot with it, I'm good with them during bright day, but in low light, they fail without external light source.

Green over Red.

Watrdawg
11-15-15, 18:39
I've got the orange HD's on my G17 and the yellow on my G19. I like the yellow better than the orange.

Knorth
11-18-15, 11:42
My friend just put the HDs with the orage front sight on his G23 and it looks like a giant beacon. Very big change from standard 3 dot but it does greatly improve sight acquisition. He loves them.