PDA

View Full Version : Vickers Pistol I and II in Birmingham, AL

Scott105
08-03-08, 23:20
We are bringing Larry Vickers to Birmingham for 2 classes in October.
Pistol I is Oct 23 - 24 and Pistol II is Oct 25 - 26. Here are the class details for each. The cost is $400 per class. Let me know if you want to reserve a slot in either or both classes.

Pistol I - Introductory Level

This class is for shooters who have had at least a basic pistol class either from Vickers Tactical or any other accredited instructor. State concealed carry certification classes specifically do not qualify. Topics covered include basic pistol topics and the following: malfunction drills, shooting on the move as well as strong hand and weak hand shooting. Introduction to timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level. Concealed carry methods are also covered. Night-fire will depend on time of year and range restrictions.

• Eye and Ear Protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred) • Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber • Serviceable holster • Minimum 1 double magazine pouch • Minimum of 3 serviceable magazines (5 is better) • Suitable range wear depending on the season • Good attitude • Hand held flashlight and spare batteries.

• Ammo requirement is 1000 rounds.

Pistol II - Intermediate Level

Review of topics in Pistol I with more advanced shooting on the move and skill drills. Courses of fire to be used are based on the skill level and evaluation of the shooters. The shooter will leave the course with a firm grasp on strengths and weaknesses and drills to help themselves improve.

• Class equipment requirements are the same as Pistol I.

• Ammo requirement is 1000 rounds.

• No waivers from any other instructors granted.

• Pistol I is a prerequisite for participation in Pistol II.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott105
08-04-08, 21:47
Please PM me or e-mail me at gunsafety@charter.net if you are interested in either of these classes.