PDA

View Full Version : Access question

jmoore
11-07-15, 15:47
First off - I'm a geezer techno-peasant, so keep that in mind when you tell to do something and I go into WTF mode:)
My iPhone 6 automatically sets up an icon for frequently visited sites - so I have one for M4C. Starting yesterday or maybe the day before, using that icon takes me to the following...

Forum XMLRPC Interface for Tapatalk Application

Current Tapatalk plugin version:
Latest Tapatalk plugin version: 5.6.1
Attachment upload interface status: OK
Push notification interface status: OK

Tapatalk API for Universal Forum Access
For more details, please visit https://tapatalk.com

There is no way I know of the get to M4C from here.

I can only access the site by going through Safari and accessing as if it was the first time I did a search.
What's up????
TIA
geezer john

jbjh
11-07-15, 20:44
Don't worry, no one came out of their mama knowing computers. Everyone is behind the curve.

Most probably, because M4C sees your phone, it takes you to the mobile version of the site. The mobile version pushes Tapatalk, with an option to bypass and go directly to (mobile) Safari. If you manually type in the URL, and bookmark the site in Safari, you should be sorted. You might have to fiddle with some settings in iOS, but that's not too onerous.

Sent from 80ms in the future
Much peace
Jimmy

jmoore
11-09-15, 18:07
Thanks. Will try that. (Though - I still find it interesting that it just started doing this????)
Interestingly - and perhaps related in some way - when I finally accessed the site just now, it said there had been no new posts since I was last here. That was yesterday - so I certainly don't believe that!
geezer john