PDA

View Full Version : Target shot placement app for andriod

cbx
11-08-15, 16:50
Anyone know of a good app that can take/use a picture to calculate targets?

cobra246
11-09-15, 07:00
Idk of any apps that use pictures but there are several for calculating moa and mils.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Arctic1
11-09-15, 07:43
Didn't see you were looking for an app.

On Target works well for analyzing targets on a computer.

http://www.ontargetshooting.com/index.html

cbx
11-09-15, 08:59
Didn't see you were looking for an app.

On Target works well for analyzing targets on a computer.

http://www.ontargetshooting.com/index.html
Something like this in mobile form.

I found one called shooting analyzer, but you place the shots manually. So that's not going to work.

I'm kinda surprised this doesn't seem to exist.

AM-15
11-10-15, 20:35
If there are enough people to make it worth while there are designers that will do it.
I shoot ten meter air pistol and use "Target Scan".
Works very well.
Shoot a ten shot target, put the target up on a white or blue screen such as your laptop and take a pic.
Scores it for you and can overlay a whole 60 shot match showing ES and mean radius.

Clarence

cbx
11-10-15, 22:47
If there are enough people to make it worth while there are designers that will do it.
I shoot ten meter air pistol and use "Target Scan".
Works very well.
Shoot a ten shot target, put the target up on a white or blue screen such as your laptop and take a pic.
Scores it for you and can overlay a whole 60 shot match showing ES and mean radius.

Clarence
Works well enough that you would buy it again?

AM-15
11-11-15, 16:46
CBX;

"Target Scan" works great for 10 meter air pistol it was designed for.
It will not work for anything else as far as I know.

It works by knowing it is a regulation 10 meter air pistol target and knows the holes are .177 caliber.

You could contact the gentleman who designed it and see if he could create what you are looking for but money will have to be put up front for it whether an individual or a group.

Clarence

cbx
11-11-15, 23:28
CBX;

"Target Scan" works great for 10 meter air pistol it was designed for.

It works by knowing it is a regulation 10 meter air pistol target and knows the holes are .177 caliber.

You could contact the gentleman who designed it and see if he could create what you are looking for but money will have to be put up front for it whether an individual or a group.

Clarence
Thanks for the clarification.

Kodiak
11-13-15, 19:34
Range Buddy may be what your looking for.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JSantoro
01-15-16, 09:39

I looked this over and nabbed it, being after something that makes it easier to do mean-radius on-site. The above is incorrect, in terms of what the app is supposed to be capable of doing. It's made to work with a host of standard international targets, including NRA targets.

I'm currently set up to do a 124gr/147gr 9mm ammo compare/contrast, having selected the NRA B8, 9mm ammo, 5 rounds per target, 5 targets per session.

Having said that...now we have to see if the bloody thing WORKS or not. :D Test-run is tonight.

EDIT: Trying it out on existing targets, at the moment.

Target you shot needs a white or blue backer to highlight the holes, but even with a backer (and understanding that ambient light levels likely play a role), it's not doing a great job of registering holes. However, there's a manual-plot option that functions quite well. Also, putting it over an active monitor or tablet screen to let some light shine through the holes *almost* works, and there's a particular setting for just that purpose that I've not yet tried.

Creating a session, it won't allow you to set up for any less than 2 targets scanned...since it's competition-oriented, this makes sense to me and is no big deal, if I'm doing groups it's usually 5 or 10 rounds at a time and several targets.

It gives you group windage/elevation offset relative to target center, mean radius, and max spread, which is what I want without all the info-field Hokey Pokey and manual measuring that Target AE makes you do for a similar function.

AM-15
01-15-16, 17:33
JS;

Is your "Target Scan" app for IOS/Apple ?
Target Scan does have that capability in that environment.
I have the Android version that can only do .22 and .177 holes in targets for international pistol and rifle, plus 10 meter air pistol as I use it for.
Have not received an update yet from them for anything else.

JSantoro
01-15-16, 22:19
Point taken, and my bad. Yeah, I use iphones and completely forgot to take droid into account.

Manual plotting still the go-to, haven't yet found how to ensure the image capture registers the bullet holes. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, and that I'll figure it out...eventually.

The results from the image capture are plotted from the image capture, onto a representation of the selected target (B8 in this instance). Screencap of one of tonight's targets, 10-round group @25yd, from a Gen4 G19, Aguila 124gr ball...

Nothing done with carbine, yet. Maybe tomorrow.

AM-15
01-16-16, 13:10
JS;

My best luck in capturing a good image so the program functions the best is to put the target up against a blue screen.
I set up my laptop with a complete blue back ground.
Place the target upon it.
Center the target black in the camera with a little white of the target showing (hopefully all your shots are in the black :).
Do not shake the camera as you take the pic.

This has worked for me very well.

Nice target by the way.

Clarence