PDA

View Full Version : Question for Aimpoint H-1 and T-1 users

austinN4
08-04-08, 09:45
Good morning all, and thank you for the great advice and information I have gotten by reading the threads and stickies on M4C for nearly a year.

I have been concentrating on reading the various optics threads for several days now. I am getting ready to purchase an optic for my Noveske N4 and have settled on an Aimpoint RDS. I have no need for NV and my old eyes scream for a 4 MOA dot, so I have just about settled on a H-1. It is not a duty weapon and my main uses are plinking, targets and home defense, but I will probably get into practical shooting. Yes, I know the irons work for this, but I believe a RD will be easier and faster, especially with my less than perfect eyes. I have been shooting a friends Aimpoint M4 for a few weeks and also find it easier to retrain myself to shoot with both eyes open with the RD than with the irons.

But before I purchase one this week I thought I would ask H-1, or even T-1, owners/users if they were sorry they didn't get an M4 or M4S instead and why? Or any other option, for that matter.

Thanks in advance for your replies and thanks for this great forum and the information on it!

CarlosDJackal
08-04-08, 10:08
I currently own two Comp M2s, a 2MOA Comp M3, a Micro T-1, and a 3x Magnifier (as well as a Nightforce 1-4x NXS). If they had had the Micros when I started buying these things, I would have had 3 or 4 T-1s/H-1s.

I am currently undecided between the T-1 and the NXS for my SBR. But as far as I am concerned, the Micro series do not have any disadvantages as compared to the Comp models for your purposes as well as mine. YMMV.

Stephen_H
08-04-08, 12:13
No disadvantage. If I could afford it all my Aimpoints would be T-1's (well, I guess price is the one disadvantage).

Stephen

C4IGrant
08-04-08, 15:33
No disadvantage. If I could afford it all my Aimpoints would be T-1's (well, I guess price is the one disadvantage).

Stephen

Agree. The T-1 or H-1 is the bomb. You couldn't give me an M4 (no offense Aimpoint). :D

C4

chrismartin
08-04-08, 15:41
If I'm never going to use Night Vision, is there ANY reason to get the T-1?

Robb Jensen
08-04-08, 16:16
I really like the M4 and M4S that I own.
They're very useful in those weird times where on other Aimpoints one setting is too bright but the next one down is too dim. I shot both indoors and outdoors in mixed lighting and they work very well for that. I also have the T1 and H1 and they perfect for 10-11" SBRs. My 12.5" SBR has a M4S on an ADM mount.

C4IGrant
08-04-08, 16:17

No, not really.

C4

austinN4
08-04-08, 17:01
Thanks for all the input so far. Keep it coming. Is the larger diameter of the M4/M4S an advantage over the smaller diameter Micros? I realize the cost of the larger diameter is weight.

Magsz
08-05-08, 12:54
I wouldnt say so simply because when aiming with both eyes open it doesnt appear as though you're looking into a tube.

The small overall footprint of the T1 almost makes it appears as though there's just a dot hovering in mid air when you aim with both eyes. There's really not all that much in the sight picture other than your target. Its really a neat, light, little sight.

RallySoob
08-05-08, 14:58
I wonder how fast a Micro T-1 is compared to an EOTech? as far as target accusation speed goes

BushmasterFanBoy
08-24-08, 23:19
The T-1 has a better finish, and looks better in my opinion. (I know I am going to get flak for that comment, jacket is ON :o). The H-1 has a shinier, glossy finish, and is more of a black color, rather than the subdued matte graphite found on the T-1.

I've had a chance to fire a few rounds through another member's T-1. It is typical Aimpoint quality. I particularly liked the similar dot size to my Comp ML2 that I run on another one of my guns, I much prefer the larger dot if that is an option. When "upgrading" my EoTech, I made sure to get a good feel for the options available to me.
With that said, I did sometimes find that with the T-1, a consistent and proper cheek weld becomes much more important. You obviously need to be looking into the tube in order to pick up the dot, and with the T-1 you can't always just shoulder the gun and have the dot be there, your head has to be in the right spot. Another nit-picky point, but yet valid, is that the brightness controls found on the T-1 are not very user friendly. This is one major irk I had with the EoTech. Each click is rather stiff and you can't simply roll your finger on the control knob, like you can with the M4/M3/M2 series of dots.
You do save about $40 if you go with the T-1 optic over the M4, so the savings never hurts.

With my limited shooting of the T-1, I opted to go with the M4S. Longer battery life, better controls, and much more forgiving in regards to cheek weld.
It cost a little bit more than a T-1 with LaRue mount, and I didn't get my beloved approximately 4 MOA dot, but I do think it was the better choice for me.

RHR
08-25-08, 07:15
For a SBR I like the T-1, for a 14.5"-16" gun I'd get an M4S. I haven't tried an
M4S (hint...BushmasterFanBoy...hint) yet but I had an M4 and thought it was too big on my SBR.