PDA

View Full Version : Surefire clicky tailcap vs SR07 tapeswitch

UPDLEO
11-11-15, 15:57
The light in question is a SF Mini Scout M300B. I have it mounted on an Arisaka Offset Keymod Scout Mount at 11 o'clock and I'm currently using the clicky tail cap (Z68). Last weekend at the range, I ran a few mags through a buddy's SBR and he had a similar setup, but with the light mounted at 1 o'clock and an SRO7 at 12 o'clock. I gotta say, the SR07 at 12 o'clock felt more natural (to me). Has anyone had any reliability issues with an SRO7? Is it worth the $75 price tag? Which do you prefer and why?

b2dap1
11-11-15, 16:15
I run it and no problems. I think the only down fall is the possibility of the cord getting snagged. I have a couple zip ties on it to hold it down.

Outlander Systems
11-15-15, 13:56
Yes it is worth it.

It is easily the most ergonomic/natural operation for a light that I've encountered.

Ledanek
11-15-15, 15:45
Is it worth the $75 price tag?

I'm going to regret sharing this with you, but, I'm trying to do solid to "both" members: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?176355-Surefire-SR07-switch-and-cap
Favor: do a review, and I'll pick up the next EE on the SR07 when I have the cash.

Kain
11-19-15, 20:07
I have the sr07 at 12 o'clock on two of my carbines. It is my go to set up for a defensive carbine since I default to Scouts. Have not had any issues with either of mine in the years that I have had them, and neither has a friend who has been running one since the year they came out.
As far is it better than the clicky cap, it is personal preference. I can't get the clicky cap out far enough on a middy 9 inch rail to be comfortable, and like having both my go to rifles set up the same so I stay with the sr07, even if it is a bit more spendy.

trinydex
11-20-15, 17:29
the 12 o clock tape switch, or even the 1 or 11 o clock tape switch, is so ergonomic and ambidextrous that i no longer accept any other form of light actuation.

jstalford
11-20-15, 18:08
I got one for my scout after using a couple different light setups. I can't imagine setting up a light any other way now.