PDA

View Full Version : Lawmakers want to make it easier for Brazilians to get weapons

titsonritz
11-13-15, 13:55
We have anti-2A groups trying to do away with our gun rights, claiming the United States to be one of the most violent nations on the planet. However, we all know the majority of that violence is concentrated in approximately 5% of our zip codes, the same localities with the strictest gun control laws.

Meanwhile, congressmen in Brazil, which in reality IS one of the most violent nations in the world with nearly 60,000 murders in 2014, are seeking to loosen personal gun restriction to help its citizens to combat the extreme nationwide violence. When guns are outlawed only outlaws have guns and the people suffer the consequences.

Obama, Clinton, Bloomberg and the rest need to take note. Why would anyone want the rest of the United States to like Detroit, Chicago or Brazil?

Brazil Seek to Copy U.S. Gun Culture (http://time.com/4108421/brazil-u-s-gun-culture/?xid=time_socialflow_twitter)

SteyrAUG
11-13-15, 14:14
It's probably too late for Brazil now.

Just as it would be too late if the entire United States ended up like Detroit, Chicago, Los Angeles, etc.

Firefly
11-13-15, 15:37
It's a start

cbx
11-13-15, 20:18
I've been to Brazil. Have family from there.

That place has corruption that makes the Mexican corruption look like kindergarten stuff.

The gov there super corrupt, and don't really have a hold on things. There are miles and miles of shanty towns full of squaters.

It's a tough situation. Most of the LE are bought and paid for. I'll never forget my grandparents house in st andre ( walled with glass shards glued to the tops and spear tipped rod fence), right across the street from the police station, they never left. Never patroled, never anything.

It's step in the right direction, but when populace is that poor, that hungry, and that paranoid...... Who knows.

First bullet holes in glass that I ever saw was at a rodizio in sao paulo state. That was trippy being a kid eating dinner, starring at bullet holes in the glass 2 feet above my head.

Airhasz
11-13-15, 21:33
Some good news.

Bulletdog
11-14-15, 00:06
I say good for those Brazilian congressmen. I hope they succeed and I hope that their law abiding citizens will eventually gain some safety once things are all sorted out.

Moose-Knuckle
11-14-15, 02:02
I bet there are MILLIONS of Europeans, especially the French who wished they had a firearm or ten right about yesterday.

Honu
11-14-15, 02:45
I wonder ? I am sadly thinking many of them would say more would have died ?
really do think that many of them would not want one and be afraid to confront reality better to hide your head
I bet there are MILLIONS of Europeans, especially the French who wished they had a firearm or ten right about yesterday.

Moose-Knuckle
11-14-15, 02:49
I wonder ? I am sadly thinking many of them would say more would have died ?
really do think that many of them would not want one and be afraid to confront reality better to hide your head

The people texting the French Police begging for them to enter the concert hall watching people being murdered systematically around them probably wished they had a gun right about then.