PDA

View Full Version : Noveske SS vs Criterion SS barrel?

JG007
11-15-15, 18:43
Any pro/con for either? They both seem like a solid choice for a 14.5 or 16 inch AR

*SS over chrome because these seem to be the options for intermediate gas lengths, this vs a midlength CHF is another topic

JG007
11-15-15, 19:46
I'll add a follow up, what about throwing a douglas into the question, if its centurion/MK12 that speaks highly of it

HD1911
11-15-15, 23:21
I only have direct extensive experience with the MSTN Custom Noveske 16" 1:8T 416SS ILGS and the BCM 16" 1:8T 410SS MLGS... both are Phenomenal... flip a Coin. However, the ILGS is def. smoother and softer. Forgot to mention, also really liked the Krieger 18" in the KAC LPR I had... very soft, smooth and precise as well.

Douglas are stellar as well, along with Bartlein and many others.

Iraqgunz
11-16-15, 00:50
Might I inquire as to what the intended purpose is?

JG007
11-16-15, 01:29
Certainly, and I should have been more detailed initially.

A recce or mk12 style rifle.

Either purchasing something like a SS noveske or bcm upper, or using a Douglas blank already owned, but exploring options

Something like the 1-6 razor optic

Iraqgunz
11-16-15, 02:59
Take a look at our latest 16" barrel. Made from 416R with a .223 Wylde chamber.

http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/store2015/16/60-5-chrome-lined-w-low-profile-gas-block.html

Certainly, and I should have been more detailed initially.

A recce or mk12 style rifle.

Either purchasing something like a SS noveske or bcm upper, or using a Douglas blank already owned, but exploring options

Something like the 1-6 razor optic

Koshinn
11-16-15, 08:29

http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/store2015/16/60-5-chrome-lined-w-low-profile-gas-block.html

Can you get one of those melonited? I know there's less of an advantage meloniting 416R than 4150, but wouldn't it still be advantageous?

762x39
11-16-15, 12:13
I have used Criterion barrels on my last two rifles. Fit, finish and accuracy are all excellent. I am very happy with them and will continue to use them on future builds.

mic2377
12-05-15, 07:00
For the $$$ the Criterion barrels are outstanding. Have used them in both 223 and 308 with fantastic results. My experience is with the 18" hybrid profile rifle gas, which provided excellent accuracy for a rack grade chrome-lined barrel. I have also used Noveske but the value wasn't quite there if that is a consideration.

CriterionBarrels
12-07-15, 14:52
Just in case you're looking for retailers selling our barrels:

We're running our chrome lined models (and some stainless steel options) through Brownells.

Midwest Industries has a number of chrome lined options.

Fulton Armory carries chrome lined and stainless models.

Compass Lake Engineering offers custom stainless barrels with our blanks.

American Defense Manufacturing will be offering a line of Criterion manufactured nitrided barrels shortly.

.5 MOA is consistently achievable with match handloads, sub-MOA should be expected with factory match ammunitions.

If you have any other questions, feel free to give us a call!

ClearedHot
12-09-15, 12:46
Just in case you're looking for retailers selling our barrels:

We're running our chrome lined models (and some stainless steel options) through Brownells.

Midwest Industries has a number of chrome lined options.

Fulton Armory carries chrome lined and stainless models.

Compass Lake Engineering offers custom stainless barrels with our blanks.

American Defense Manufacturing will be offering a line of Criterion manufactured nitrided barrels shortly.

.5 MOA is consistently achievable with match handloads, sub-MOA should be expected with factory match ammunitions.

If you have any other questions, feel free to give us a call!

Although M4 feedramps seem to be the norm these days, are Criterion barrels available with standard rifle feedramps on the barrel extensions?

CriterionBarrels
12-09-15, 16:00
Although M4 feedramps seem to be the norm these days, are Criterion barrels available with standard rifle feedramps on the barrel extensions?

We discontinued production of barrel models with the M16 style extensions awhile back, but I believe Fulton Armory still has some available in stock that you could order. I'd suggest calling them to see what models they still have in inventory.

fallenromeo
12-10-15, 13:52

That link says it is a 5.56 chamber. Is that typo?