PDA

View Full Version : botach tactical?

lonewolf21
08-04-08, 20:00
anyone had any experience ordering from them. they seem to carry alot of products and their prices are pretty good. just trying to check them out before ordering.

Sidewinder6
08-04-08, 20:07
anyone had any experience ordering from them. they seem to carry alot of products and their prices are pretty good. just trying to check them out before ordering.

I just had an order ship the same day I submitted it and it arrived on time.

CLHC
08-04-08, 20:13
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=15682

Gutshot John
08-04-08, 20:14
You'll regret it. The prices aren't that good and they definitely engage in shady practices in regards to pricing.

You may get lucky on a single order, but if you order from them a few times they will invariably bone you.

FMI https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=15682

I won't every buy from them again, and you're much better off with going with any number of site sponsors that are far more ethical.

There are about 20K vendors on Yahoo stores and fewer than a hundred with 1-star ratings. They're one of them.

MassMark
08-04-08, 20:27
I have heard much the same thing from a variety of threads across the Internet. If you take 50-75% of what you read as total BS, that leaves 25-50% cause for concern. It's too bad - as they seem to have a large selection of stuff...I few threads I have read in the past few years were written by people with good rep and one by someone whom I know personally. That's enough for me....

Packman73
08-04-08, 20:31
You'll find a lot of negative feedback but I had a great experience with them.

lonewolf21
08-04-08, 21:08
i read the previous article about them and think i'll probably spend my money elsewhere. this is why i love this forum. positive feedback from experienced people. thanks for the info and my wallet thanks you for the money i'll save by not getting screwed over.

RogerinTPA
08-04-08, 22:06
Two complete experiences..

1. Ordered 10 FDE Pmags and 10 FG Pmags, got them within 5 days. They messed up the order and sent 5 with windows, though I'm not complaining.:p

2. Ordered a bunch of small items that same night, made 2 phone calls and 3 emails, no response what so ever. Canceled the order. CS SUCKS!:mad:

b_saan
08-04-08, 22:12
Friends don't let friends buy from Botach.

dogloose
08-04-08, 22:20
Placed one order... 4 items...

One item they just out and out canceled (they did... not me)... so I never got... but was never billed... ok. But I have to order somewhere else.

Second and third items came together... one was right... one was wrong... took repeated emails to get an acknowledgment and instructions on return for credit (not exchange... I was learning my lesson)...

Last item arrived days later as a backorder... it was ok.

Overall experience was "eh"... I saved a little money... but didn't get a complete order... and had the hassle (and expense) of returning an item for credit (which did come quickly.) Not my idea of a trusted vendor... I'd rather pay a few pennies more for peace of mind... YMMV... Caveat Emptor.

Jeffy
08-05-08, 00:18
I've and one order through them with no issues. A few of my friend have also ordered through them with no issues. Just have to make sure they have them in stock.

I'm neutral. Most of their stuff has regular prices. On occasion, they do have deal though.

zgrins1
08-05-08, 01:23
Ordered form them 3 times and so far - no problem. A friend of mine has ordered once with the same result. Never have ordered any big ticket items or enough stuff to be concerned about my money.

TUNNEL RAT 33
08-05-08, 02:29
i have ordered twice from them . first time was great - second time was a total nightmare . items on the website were in stock - sent an email that items were in fact out of stock but would be in in 2 weeks . this went on for months . would not return voicemails to their business landline , and would not respond to emails . finally i left a message cancelling the order , as well as email stating the same . 2 days later i get a phone call stating ALL my items were enroute . have not ordered with them since -- and will not !! good luck !

DNW
08-05-08, 03:02
I have ordered from them and had some good luck, but I have not ordered anything recently. There are too many other good sources out there, and they have ****ed up too many times for too many people.

I also noted that recently a family member of the owner was indicted for de-frauding the military on contracts to supply ammo to Iraqi and Afghan police and military. Typical Botach customer service...

cqbdriver
08-05-08, 07:10
Three orders that I had with them over the last 10 years:
-I ordered a Aimpoint ML2 & got a M2. Actually, even though the M2 cost more, I didn't what it since I didn't own any NVG.
-I ordered Surefire CR123 batteries, but got the Duracell DL1/3N batteries used in the Aimpoint M2.
- I ordered a sling for the M4, but got one for another rifle. I actually needed a sling for the other rifle. So, I kept it. I called them & told them about the wrong sling & reorderd the M4 sling - got the same sling again.

Only thing that bothers me - why did it take 3 orders to learn my lesson?

Friend called me month or 2 ago. He said botach was have a sale on Glock mags & did I want to go in on the ordered. I warned him, but he said the deal was too good to pass up. He is still waiting on his order.

AllAmerican
08-05-08, 07:24
I tried calling a couple times and could never get anybody, just the recording. So I tried to buy off the web site. They had a good price on an Aimpoint. They sent me an e-mail saying they were out of stock, and when the scopes came in they would be higher priced. I canceled my order, and it took them 2 weeks to refund my money..... It sounded like a bait and switch type thing. I finally ordered from G&R and got my scope fast. I won't order from them again.

Nathan_Bell
08-05-08, 08:28
Only way you want to order from them is if they state they have about 50 of the item instock. They might have 3 or 4 and you will get your order in a reasonable time.

If it is out of stock and you want it before Christmas 2 years from now, do not order it.

Greyman09
08-05-08, 10:03
Use a vendor that supports the site.
I use GRTactical.com or Josh at Grey Group, he post here as Zushwa. They can get anything you need.

Soulrack223
08-05-08, 10:48
I've ordered twice from botach over the years. Killer deals both times and both times it turned out fine. I was sweating bullets though, because their feedback has been horrible for years.

markm
08-05-08, 10:52
I never got burned too bad from botach. I've quit ordering anything from them though.

TxGun
08-05-08, 11:47
I've always had good experiences with Botach. Good prices, sometimes VERY good, and fast shipping. Ordered a couple of their $19.95 Glock mags last Monday, got them Friday. No complaints at all.

ARin
08-05-08, 16:49
ive ordered from them several times, and had no problem.. call them and make sure an item is in stock before web ordering.

I dont worry about it much anyhow, i use a CC that i can always dispute if i need to.

citizensoldier16
08-06-08, 22:57
Ordered from them twice, no complaints. Also, you can call them and speak directly to their armorer...which is a plus if you have questions about anything you order. A good merchant IMO.

swatmedic
08-07-08, 16:59
I recently had a first in regards to botach. I actually recieved an Email regarding an order I had placed online. The email informed me that 1 of the items I had ordered was out of stock, and asked what I would like to do.
This has never happened in my previous dealings with them.

Nathan_Bell
08-07-08, 17:04
I recently had a first in regards to botach. I actually recieved an Email regarding an order I had placed online. The email informed me that 1 of the items I had ordered was out of stock, and asked what I would like to do.

That is new, maybe they are realizing they have a weak reputation for after sales results.

Packman73
08-07-08, 17:06
Yeah, they did that for me too. I wanted a 512 and they called my cell and said it was out of stock and asked what I wanted to do. I asked for a good price on a 552 and they gave me a great price on it.

Solid
08-07-08, 22:10
Botach is hit or miss, either they will be outstanding or poor.

I have had two orders with them

Order #1: Ordered 20 PMAGs for $12 each, and they arrived in less than a week.

Order #2: Ordered 5 G17 magazines, and they arrived about a month later

These orders were placed about 1 week apart.

casio02478
08-08-08, 21:27
I never had a problem with them but my friend's order came in 2 month late (we ordered a week apart). So again hit or miss.

TackleBerry
08-08-08, 21:35
i have ordered twice from them . first time was great - second time was a total nightmare . items on the website were in stock - sent an email that items were in fact out of stock but would be in in 2 weeks . this went on for months . would not return voicemails to their business landline , and would not respond to emails . finally i left a message cancelling the order , as well as email stating the same . 2 days later i get a phone call stating ALL my items were enroute . have not ordered with them since -- and will not !! good luck !

Ive had the same experience with them. They totally suck!!
It actually took a brand new employee they just hired to tell me that the item I ordered is out of stock and that they won't get anymore.
Their favorite thing to do is to bounce you back and forth between customer service and the warehouse. One doesn't have a clue what the other is doing.
They do not update their website. As I was being told that this item was not in stock and would not be again it was still listed on the website.
Don't be tricked by some of their low prices cause its not worth the headache.

cqbdriver
08-14-08, 11:52
Friend called me month or 2 ago. He said botach was have a sale on Glock mags & did I want to go in on the ordered. I warned him, but he said the deal was too good to pass up. He is still waiting on his order.

GOOD NEWS! My friend's order finally came in! He ordered G17 mags & they sent him G22 mags. He is tired of dealing with them. So, I just got a bunch of G22 mags at $17 each. THANKS BOTACH FOR SCREWING UP HIS ORDER! :D

C4IGrant
08-14-08, 12:35
I am not really certain why people keep doing business with them.

http://www0.epinions.com/content_234269806212

C4

markm
08-14-08, 12:59
I used to love taunting Grant about Botach on TOS. It was a good way to get his goat! :p

Now I buy stuff at GandRtactical... so I guess he gets the last laugh!

chadbag
08-14-08, 15:21
I am not really certain why people keep doing business with them.

http://www0.epinions.com/content_234269806212

C4

(If you have ever dealt with the online East Coast Camera Shops that advertise super low prices and trick people into thinking that the item is in stock ready to go… that is what Botach Tactical reminds me of.)

There is a reason for that...

Spurholder
08-14-08, 15:25
Here's what the BBB has to say about Botach's score of "B" - "a good rating that still implies reputability"

Whatever...

LINK (http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=13117095)

chadbag
08-14-08, 15:30
Here's what the BBB has to say about Botach's score of "B" - "a good rating that still implies reputability"

Whatever...

LINK (http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=13117095)

I complained to the BBB about them a few years ago. I ordered some boots and waited like 4 months. They never responded to my inquiries about the order. Finally I complained through the BBB. Botach called me the next day and said the boots were on their way...

go figure

Gutshot John
08-14-08, 18:23
BBB is worthless in my experience.

It's a meaningless "endorsement" that businesses can put on their websites to give everyone a "warm fuzzy". They provide cover for companies who wish to engage in less than ethical business practices.

I filed one complaint with them about another company, they blew me off. Whenever I see the little "BBB" logo on a website, I move on. If the company is honest they have no need of the BBB.

Essentially they take money from businesses to offer a little protection from consumers.

Eric
08-17-08, 02:58

Whatever...

LINK (http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=13117095) They held an F rating for a long time. I rarely speak Ill of businesses, but Botach is a dishonest outfit. They lied to me on more than on occasion about items in stock and shipping. They even charged me for a order that was canceled. They refused to reply to numerous emails and had horrible phone service. Perhaps they're doing better now, but they won't get a dime from me.

Tomac
08-17-08, 11:11
I've been leery of Botach due to all the bad press. However, I have ordered a couple of small (and not too-terribly-important) items and must say they arrived quickly. Last week they had a great price on the Camelbak Talon ($79 for the Blackwater ICU version) and I couldn't resist. Ordered one and had it in less than a week. Took advantage of the sale and ordered a couple of more last Friday for my son & his best friend and they shipped that same day. I still don't trust them completely but they do seem to be cleaning up their act (at least w/regards to stuff they have in stock).
Tomac

boltcatch
08-17-08, 19:48
Why do I remember explaining this the other day, yet see no post in here... maybe there has been more than one thread. :confused:

Botach ripped me off (shorted me on quantity, in a sealed package inside another sealed package) and blamed it on UPS. They made no effort to make it right. They're crooks, plain and simple.

rayray
08-18-08, 19:59
I've ordered from Botach tactical several times. They always deliver on time, returns are no problem and there prices cannot be beat. I will continue to order from Botach Tactical.:)