PDA

View Full Version : Got an ML2 coming now need a BUIS

BillC
08-04-08, 20:58
It's been a long journey with my 6920 and I finally decided to put a red dot sight on it. I wanted to go with the T-1 but decided to go with a used Comp ml2 with a Larue Cantilever QD mount, this will be my first red dot sight and I think it will work for me. I definetly don't want to miss a buis, Im looking at Troy for $140 new also saw a couple used ones for $110, I don't know much about the different BUIS but I see alot of talk about TROY and figure they must be pretty good. I also see alot of the matech buis on Ebay for really cheap, but they seem like they have a really small apature and Im wonder if some of them are knock offs as I see alot of them lately. I ordered a DD omega rail from Grant and once I decide on a good forward grip I will order that also, Im not looking for the latest craze but something that works and works well.

TOrrock
08-04-08, 22:03
I think it's pretty safe to say that the Troy BUIS are pretty close to being considered the Industry Standard, if they aren't already.

I can't see you going wrong with the Troy.

BC520
08-04-08, 22:58
I have a Troy folding. Very good for what it's used for. I have it for an upper that uses a magnified optic and thus the BUIS needs to fold down out of the way.

However, my primary is an LMT. I prefer a non-folding for my duty gun. It also sports an Aimpoint with Larue. I don't plan on having magnified optics nor the need to have the sight fold on this weapon, so I prefer to have the sights up and ready at all times, and I like having the A2 sights for elevation windage. Be a bit cheaper as well as there are used ones for around $100. Even cheaper than that for a non folding BUIS is the Larue which will be windage olnly adjustments, but very rugged.

spamsammich
08-05-08, 02:24
I'm currently running Troy and PRI folding rear BUIS on my rifles. I can't really say I have a preference for one over the other right now. The PRI is a little more beefy and the adjustment knob isn't as protected as on the Troy. In the folded position both crowd the charging handle latch about the same amount, I'd recommend getting a PRI military big latch or something like that if you keep them in the folded position most of the time.

I'd like to try out the LMT fixed so I have some elevation adjustment and I learn to use military style A2 sights. I'm probably going to build an upper for my brother or cousin using the LMT.

Sam
08-05-08, 06:25
Troy is a good choice but a Larue BUIS is my favorite. Simplicity, robust and great customer service. You don't need elevation adjustment complication for a BUIS.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/SBR.jpg