PDA

View Full Version : Which current-issue US military firearm has the highest body count?

TraumaPlateDuctTape
11-17-15, 15:51
Couldn't find a super-appropriate sub-forum for the topic, but this was my best bet. After reading Chris Kyle's book I'm inclined to say bolt-action rifles, but I would also assume that M4/M16s see a lot more action, as well as belt-feds. Is there any statistical information for current conflicts with dead combatants categorized by weapon used?

ColtSeavers
11-17-15, 16:20
Why??

RIDE
11-17-15, 16:30
Why??

My guess? Call of Duty gamer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leuthas
11-17-15, 16:36
The M16/M4. I doubt the perpetuity of the M2 would be enough to match such a long lasted general service rifle as the M16 and M4.

What the hell compelled you to ask such a thing?

WickedWillis
11-17-15, 16:37
I'll play. What about the M1 variants?

T2C
11-17-15, 16:43
I would say the field radio takes credit for the highest number of enemy casualties.

TraumaPlateDuctTape
11-17-15, 17:00
Cool, thanks for jumping on this the wrong way everyone. I was asking because I'm interested in statistical evidence and thought it may shed some light on the usefulness of different calibers or platforms. I'm sure that somewhere this is documented, is it really a crime to be curious about which of our infantry small arms are the most effective on paper?