PDA

View Full Version : Thordsencustoms

jk6672
11-18-15, 07:24
I just picked up my first Ca compliant AR and I'm considering the following two products. Does anyone have any experience with them?

http://www.thordsencustoms.com/ubml-self-install-kit/

http://www.thordsencustoms.com/magpul-b-a-d-lever/

U&A
11-18-15, 08:14
the BAD is a good product...if your comfortable having more than the trigger inside your trigger guard.

don't know about the other.

EDIT: some dont like the "free play" / wobble in the BAD lever though.

SteveL
11-18-15, 09:29
The BAD is somewhat controversial. They have been known to induce malfunctions, and then there's the aforementioned wobble. Some shooters have also reported that after they've become dependent on it they have a hard time using a rifle that doesn't have one. IMO you'd be better served by an enhanced bolt catch from Forward Controls or Seekins.

As far as the other part I couldn't say.

jbjh
11-18-15, 11:20
An ambi-bullet button...interesting. Should work OK, but all bullet buttons require a lot of practice to use quickly, all the more so if there are choices. Luckily, you can practice mag changes running dry, just like dry fire practice to get used to the trigger.

All things being equal, and considering it is your first AR, I would learn the standard controls first, and spend the money on ammo, and range fees.

Sent from 80ms in the future
Much peace
Jimmy

jk6672
11-18-15, 11:29
"my first Ca compliant AR", not first AR. I spent ten years in the Marine Corps and now I have to train differently because I moved to a anti-gun State and don't want to worry about being non-compliant.

trinydex
11-20-15, 17:11
The BAD is somewhat controversial. They have been known to induce malfunctions, and then there's the aforementioned wobble. Some shooters have also reported that after they've become dependent on it they have a hard time using a rifle that doesn't have one. IMO you'd be better served by an enhanced bolt catch from Forward Controls or Seekins.

As far as the other part I couldn't say.

i agree with this. i have a wilson combat extended bolt catch on my guns. it develops the same muscle memory that you can use on any gun, but it's a little easier to hit since it's extended.

jbjh
11-20-15, 20:52
"my first Ca compliant AR", not first AR. I spent ten years in the Marine Corps and now I have to train differently because I moved to a anti-gun State and don't want to worry about being non-compliant.

Understood. Sorry to have assumed. Cali resident myself, so I know where you're coming from.

Sent from 80ms in the future
Jimmy