PDA

View Full Version : Loose AR15 Handguard Cap

dstan9615
11-19-15, 09:17
I own several AR's and as a general rule they have proven to be exceptional rifles, however I recently noticed that one of them has a loose handguard cap. This condition causes the MOE guards to shift when pressure is applied. When I remove handguards it becomes evident that the cap is the issue. I am aware that it is press-fitted between the fsb and barrel shoulder. Has anyone here experienced this? Is anyone aware of a fix aside from unpinning the fsb and installing a new cap?

Thanx

556BlackRifle
11-19-15, 09:29
Is the FSB pinned? Does the cap appear to have any damage? Does the delta ring spring have enough springiness to push forward with proper pressure and distance?

dstan9615
11-19-15, 09:43
Thanx,

The fsb is pinned tight and the MOE guards fit between the Cap and Delta ring tightly. The movement is coming from the cap itself. When I remove the handguuards I can easily move the cap with finger pressure.

HelloLarry
11-19-15, 09:44
Slop some JB Weld on it and call it good until you burn up the barrel.

556BlackRifle
11-19-15, 09:52
Thanx,

The fsb is pinned tight and the MOE guards fit between the Cap and Delta ring tightly. The movement is coming from the cap itself. When I remove the handguuards I can easily move the cap with finger pressure.

Oh, you mean move it up, down, sideways in relation to the barrel not back and forth along the barrel. If so, prolly gonna need a new cap. Should be an easy fix.