PDA

View Full Version : A.R.M.S.#41-B front sight

blkexp98
08-05-08, 08:58
Have any of you used the A.R.M.S.#41-B front sight or atleast handled one? Im looking into it as a option for a build im doing but cant find hardly any info on it. Ive found a couple pictures here and there but thats about it. It seems there arnt any functional reviews out either.

What i was wanting to do is mount the sight in somewhat of a dissipator setup but shorter. The barrel in question is a Noveske 12.5" and i have the low profile gas block on it. I was going to mount the ARMS sight in front of a midlength handguard and not attach it to the gas system of course.

The thing is i dont know if it will clamp down on the smaller barrel diameter. Im still waiting on my paperwork so my SOT has the barrel so i cant measure it. I currently have a Troy front sight mounted to a rail on a viking tactics midlength forend but i think the ARMS mount will look allot cleaner and give me a little longer sight radius.

So does anyone have anymore info or pictures for this sight?

RD62
08-05-08, 15:13
There are a couple of pics of the sight on the front page of the ARMS website.

Why not just stick with a traditional folding front sight like your Troy, or an MI, KAC, PRI, etc?

I think they would look cleaner than the ARMS. And from the pics the ARMS doesn't look very low profile which would seem to be the whole point of the folding sight. It also doesn't appear to be pinned to the barrel like a traditional front sight base, and while you aren't proposing to use it as a gas block, it would seem prone to movement if impacted and then your back-up sight may be canted if and when you really needed it.

Looks like a solution in search of a problem to me.

Just my .02

-RD62

Stickman
08-05-08, 23:17
Have any of you used the A.R.M.S.#41-B front sight or at least handled one? Im looking into it as a option for a build im doing but cant find hardly any info on it. Ive found a couple pictures here and there but thats about it. It seems there arnt any functional reviews out either.

I have used and handled the ARMS 41-B, I will be getting a review of it up, but its still a ways out as I need to shoot more with it to be able to give an honest assessment.

The reason you are not getting info is that they aren't released yet (to the best of my knowledge). Last I had heard, there were only a few that had been built, but standard production was getting ready to kick in. I have no idea on time lines.

I posted a better picture in the other thread, I'll have to shoot a few more.

Loner
08-06-08, 20:59
I have handled one and my impressions are that they are pretty well built. It locks up and folds down in a unique way and is very solid. Fit and finish is very nice. The profile when folded down is no bigger than say a PRI or YHM barrel mounted folding front sight and when folded up looks similar to the standard A sight which is kinda neat and different. Price is also is very attractive.

Mountsplus had some for sale awhile back. Some detailed pictures can be found here http://www.mountsplus.com/miva/merchant.mvc?page=MSP/PROD/arms_sight/41B

Stickman
08-07-08, 21:44
http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/WeaponEvolution.com/ARMS%20FSB%20trio%201028%20WEVO.jpg

K9-Bob
08-17-08, 02:20
This looks interesting, but how secure is it? Do the cross bolts hold it on tight enough?

blkexp98
08-17-08, 08:38
I would think it would work just as well as the PRI unit. I would like to know how small of a barrel it would tighten to though. I tried calling ARMS but the preson i needed to talk to was away again.

After looking at the picture again is the sight split o the bottom? In the picture it almost looks like its solid but then again if they made it prefect for a .750" barrel it would completly close the gap. If thats the case i would be SOL for mounting it on a slightly smaller barrel dia.

Ill try calling them again next week. Does anyone have any questions they want answered while i have them on the phone?