PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Aimpoint T2 Keeps Dying Overnight? Resolved.

XtremeDuty22
11-19-15, 10:14
I just got a brand new Aimpoint T2 a few days ago. I've yet to even take it to the range and have already put two new batteries in it. Last night, I put a brand new CR2032 in it for the second time, hoping the battery it came with was just bad to begin with. I left the sight powered on over night. When I checked it this morning, it was off again. I tried turning it off and back on, and nothing. I know this is not normal. I'm an Eotech user that wanted to try something different just for the sake of having something different, but still solid quality. Needless to say, I'm not impressed so far. Anyone have any ideas what could be going on, or heard of this? The battery contacts in the sight all look good.....

Inkslinger
11-19-15, 10:16
Contact Aimpoint.

XtremeDuty22
11-19-15, 10:44
Contact Aimpoint.

Just did. They advised me to tighten the battery cap about as tight as I could, and see if that helped. They said it's common for people not to tighten those caps enough. Have to try it when I get home.

Leuthas
11-19-15, 17:06
Tighten the battery cap as firm as you can by hand. It very common to see them fail for that very reason - pretty common occurrence at training events.

ETA: Maybe I should have read the replies before replying myself.

XtremeDuty22
11-19-15, 17:13
Tighten the battery cap as firm as you can by hand. It very common to see them fail for that very reason - pretty common occurrence at training events.

ETA: Maybe I should have read the replies before replying myself.

I did end up tightening the battery cap, and that did the trick. I thought I was tightening it enough and didn't want to go too tight with it. But the guy I spoke with from Aimpoint told me not to be shy about it. I got about another 3 full turns from where I had it. So it should be good to go! Can't wait to get it on the range this weekend.

ace4059
11-19-15, 17:33
Then did it start working with the "old" batteries? Or were those drained because of the loose connection?

titsonritz
11-19-15, 17:52
Where did you buy it? It might be a fake. Contact Aimpoint.

Singlestack Wonder
11-20-15, 11:28
May want to change the title of the thread to, "Issue Resolved, Operator Error".

XtremeDuty22
11-20-15, 17:08
Optics Planet.

XtremeDuty22
11-20-15, 17:13
Then did it start working with the "old" batteries? Or were those drained because of the loose connection?

Works with the original battery it came with. I'm just dumb I guess. But according to they guy at Aimpoint, that's a common mistake people make with the micro sights. I just didn't want to torque on it.

ex95B10
11-20-15, 17:34
Dang it! For a second there I thought we could start an Aimpoint versus Eotech battery life argument (Oops! I meant to say discussion).

Auto-X Fil
11-24-15, 06:51
Yeah, they get their waterproof rating with a very tight-fitting O-ring. It's easy to torque it against the O-ring, without forcing it down into the housing. I use a touch of rubber-safe grease on the O-ring to help it slide down in, as well as hopefully seal better.