-takes standard AKM parts
-4150 CMV barrel
-side rail
-mag lock up is solid
-finish looks even
-sights are straight
-price is very competitive

Potential cons:
-cast parts (notably the trunnions which certainly seem to have had issues in the first run particularly)
-no bayo lug

As stated in the video, I haven't had any issues with mine as others have. I think time will tell if Century got the heat treatment right after the initial run and I'll be staying tuned to see for myself.

Review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUIjjYH4vpo

teutonicpolymer
11-24-15, 12:16
I'd be interested to see a side by side of all the completely domestic made AKs (PSA, Century, etc)

I know someone is going to say something about the cast parts but if they are engineered right and manufactured to the spec (sounds like this could be the problem with the first run) then it shouldn't be a problem- Ruger has tons of things cast and is generally known for toughness. It is the same idea with MIM.

*I don't like buying MIM stuff for more posterity issues and so I could see that as a reason for others to not buy this

vegasdom
11-27-15, 17:23
PSA AK, HA, where is it at?

ABNAK
11-27-15, 19:44
Why the hell do American barrel makers shy away from making chrome lined AK barrels? Unless it's a "classic" weapon like an M1 Garand or M1 Carbine, a prerequisite for a possible hard-use/go-to rifle for me is either chrome lining or Nitride/QPQ.

prdubi
11-27-15, 19:54
It's not easy and according to green mountain ...it requires a lot of epa permits and other crap.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Vintovka
01-14-16, 16:59
Why the hell do American barrel makers shy away from making chrome lined AK barrels? Unless it's a "classic" weapon like an M1 Garand or M1 Carbine, a prerequisite for a possible hard-use/go-to rifle for me is either chrome lining or Nitride/QPQ.

The RAS47 barrel has a nitride treatment

I've become quite interested in the RAS47. Like the look and concept of it. Already have several WASR variants, a (good) Waffen Werks build, Draco & a TGI AMD-65, so it wouldn't be my only AK. Still I'm concerned about some longevity issues that have been reported, particularly concerning the cast parts. While some say they've had issues, others have said they've put thousands of rounds through theirs with no problems or deformations. OP, since this review was done quite a while ago, can I ask how the rifle has fared since then? How many rounds do you have though yours?

prdubi
01-14-16, 17:19
Count me as another with thousands of rds and no issues at all.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

gsxr-fan
01-16-16, 20:38
what differentiates the first run RAS47s from subsequent runs? something visual or serial number range? thanks

Dirknar
08-20-16, 01:44
I might pick up one of these. Any updates on reliability or parts wear?

Uprange41
08-20-16, 02:40
Check out AKOU's 5k test... Premature wear abound.

Arik
08-20-16, 08:35
I might pick up one of these. Any updates on reliability or parts wear?
Save your money. Watch AK47/74 Union 5k test

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Dirknar
08-20-16, 09:47
5k video is a good one. Im working my way through some of the other ones. They are straight up abusing that rifle! But the bolt/carrier wear, ya not cool! and the no-go gauge, Watch out!!

hmm.. dang, price is good and accuracy is really good.. its always gotta be something wrong though.. The Tactical Response crew seems to recommend the crap out of them. I get that they might not be liked here, but no question they put a lot of ammo through a lot of guns.. wonder if Century Arms has done anything different to heat treating/bolt/carriers??

BatteryOperated
08-21-16, 14:31
The RAS-47 is the Bushmaster of the AK rifle. The AKF has numerous info on this rifle including hardness test ratings etc. just do a search.

Dirknar
08-21-16, 16:38
Thank you for the info. Looks like I've got a shit ton of reading/learning to do, if i decide to go down the AK47 path! AkF looks like a good place to start.